What's new

Parque Warner Madrid | Gotham City Escape | Intamin Launch Coaster | 2023

Ethan

Strata Poster
Hmmm pretty sure it was way less this past week since it opened, def way less than a minute per dispatch, but if they are operating with 2 trains they usually take longer to dispatch given that they have been having extended delays with 3 trains. Idk might be getting used to new stuff will see how it goes and hope they keep the 1st week’s operations.
3 trains on GCE all day, quite bad stacking and 80 second plus dispatches. Obviously 80 seconds isn’t the worst operations ever but that’s not great at all if you ask me!

Also the preshow is dire and they’d honestly be better off scrapping it!

Superman running one train for the first few hours, the Batman clone on one train all day, Coaster Express on one train… you get the gist ;)

Varnonth

Roller Poster
Is it even possible to use the "Pase Correcaminos" for this ride? I noticed that a separate entrance was built during construction, although this is not yet mentioned on their website... Would explain why operations are better than other attractiones in the park, if they are not already using this entrance.

sergi1206

Roller Poster
Is it even possible to use the "Pase Correcaminos" for this ride? I noticed that a separate entrance was built during construction, although this is not yet mentioned on their website... Would explain why operations are better than other attractiones in the park, if they are not already using this entrance.
Only the "one pass" for 19€ you can ride it ONE time, without waiting all the queue, I think this can be a good option for days that the park is full, like while the summer. But I dont recomend this option because is very expensive, to gain 1 hour, you pay the half of the park ticket.

Enviado desde mi Mi 9T Pro mediante Tapatalk

JamesB

Mega Poster
Rode this on Tuesday, will probably do a proper trip report later in the week. But... wow, this ride is absolutely amazing. The pre-show and queue create an immersive story and build up the suspense of boarding. The second launch into the top hat is super intense and the brake on top actually adds to the experience. That was one of my initial concerns but it really works as part of the ride. The hang time on the Zero-G stall is insane. The animatronics on the first launch and spike were also really well done. The whole package was a delight and a clear stand out highlight of the park. My only complaint is when re-riding, its a pain to sit through the pre-show every time. I can imagine on really busy days that it will hold up the queue considerably.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
So I managed to ride it this week! Whoop

I have to say straight off I'm very impressed with this coaster and it does a lot of things that excite me that I think don't come across in the off rides, although I do have a couple niggles.

First off the first launch has an almighty kick which is a great intro and sets up the first inversion well. The hangtime with those restraints feels great especially if you let go, then the launch into the tophat has a good amount of power. The actually tophat has some airtime going in but I feel it holds you there maybe slightly too long which causes abit of a weird break in the pacing. But once you get going you really fly down the drop and from then the ride really cranks up the intensity.

Every element in the middle section has a lot of power, the airtime hill is fantastic, and ithe dive loop really whips you down to the ground. The dip after has great ejector and the turn into the s-bend packs a few good positives. the s-bend is classically taron-y too. I also want to praise the corkscrew here as it feels really oldschool which tonnes of whip, a completely different sensation from the first cork. The waveturn after is deceptively powerful especially at the front.

Then comes the finale, with a launch set up and a slalom into the stall. This stall is just nuts, it hangs you there, your whole bodyresting on the restraint. If you don't trust coasters this would be absolutely terrifying, then a good little whip round into the brakes.

Honestly its a really well rounded experience, and intamin have been really playful with the elements as everything feels like it was trying something different. It's also really re-ridable too, although the stall might get your thighs after a while. The two things I would like changing though is to remove the preshow, its really tedious and causes you to stay outside too long in the heat, I also wish there was a way to not have you held so long to the top of the tophat, but that might require trims as the elements after are taken at a blistering pace.

So yeah, another top class Intamin multi launch, and definitely the most creative. A 10/10 from me, these coasters are taking over my top 10. I think I still prefer Taiga and Taron though, Taiga is a better coaster, and Tarons full package is so breathtaking, but it's all very close.

Bowser

Mega Poster
What's the purpose of the spike and track switch at the end of this ride? I haven't ridden it so probably missing something but seems superfluous? Or is it to surprise people who don't know it's coming?

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I think it's due to space constraints. The spike and turntable take up much less room than what a full brake run at that speed would be.
That's exactly the case. Right behind the spike there is Cataratas Salvajes, the park's shoot the chutes attraction, and to the left there is the Batman B&M. As the coaster is shoe-horned, the park and Intamin had to get creative and come up with that and actually integrated it into the coaster's story.

Tulum

Mega Poster
I also have to praise this coaster, very surprising. The only thing I would criticize is that the spike is very short and the break before slows down the train too much. Otherwise it is a really good ride but above all an excellent job of storytelling and immersion, especially for such a big coaster. From the queue, over the pre-show to the end of the ride. I do not want to spoiler anything but I don't know many coasters doing such an excellent job in this aspect.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
This coaster is absolutely incredible. Visited Tuesday and got 4 rides in.

We arrived at 3pm due to travelling from Valencia and it hadn't opened. Great. Was ****ting myself, especially after being spited by Toutatis. By 3.45 the queue was open and spilling out of the entrance and we waited about an hour in the sun. There's barely any shade in the queue and it moves very slowly.

The pre show is alright but goes on a touch too long and means you're rushed through the Bat Cave section of the queue. Would prefer a rolling walk through pre show so you can appreciate the themeing and air con a bit more.

Got lucky with a front row first ride and was very impressed. It was really fun but wouldn't rank it with the very best. As the day went on though it seriously warms up. Had middle and back row rides throughout the evening and the 11.30pm ride was insane.

The first launch has a real kick to it with instant acceleration. The second launch was ok but does the job. The controversial top hat was excellent. When the brake releases you get great airtime down the drop. The first hill is crazy and possibly the best airtime moment in Europe? The rest of the ride I would say is most comparable to Maverick. My last ride was seriously intrnse, absolutely wild. It feels really powerful and you get whipped about at every turn. The stall was superb as expected and the spike finale gives a unique ending.

I think I slightly prefer Taron due to the overall experience and fun factor but it is very close.

Reliability was a big issue all day. In fairness, they at least got the ride open. But every single time we queued it would go down every 15-20 mins or so without fail. Every time they would wait 5 minutes before sending a few test cycles and then it was open again. Saw this happen about 8 times overall which made the queue a bit of a pain. Not sure what the issue is there, maybe something overheating?

Operations were casual as expected, always a short wait on the brake run. Not sure what the capacity is but the queue moves incredibly slowly. Easy to blame the pre show for this but you're still getting the same number of people through regardless. Was hilarious to see the staff working their collective bollocks off at the end of the evening to get the last few trains out. They even opened the pre show door half way through to let the last batch through.

So it's a bit of a faff all things considered which would put me off visiting regularly.

Track and train though it's 10/10.

emoo

Hyper Poster
Only the "one pass" for 19€ you can ride it ONE time, without waiting all the queue, I think this can be a good option for days that the park is full, like while the summer. But I dont recomend this option because is very expensive, to gain 1 hour, you pay the half of the park ticket.

The price was 15€ last week, still too high but a blessing not to queue another hour in the sun. With a couple of beers in me I was internally skipping straight to the manor and had an even better time without the initial pain. I had considered the gold pass for my first visit to make everything else easier. Would have saved a little time but wasn't necessary. Other queues were manageable especially in the evening, also when Coaster Express went from 40 mins to a walk on.

Wasn't that into the pre show and having to go through it every time only helps to know where to stand (although for fairness the queue positioning should remain throughout instead of the usual free for all). The TV portion was too long and I didn't get the smoke effect seen in some videos. Such a nit pick yet huge to complete the experience. The clock is a fantastic detail.

Then heading to the station you hustle though a great scene with no time to stop and look. It would be appreciated by everyone to put some of the wait time in the bat cave. Sure you are hardly hurrying to escape but waiting in a fortress to be saved is just fine by me. Shout out to the mechanical red siren lights 🚨, nice to see that instead of the ones with no moving parts.

It's a great ride no matter the nit picks, I have little more to add there. The stall over a pathway was excellent positioning and the wonky track looks great from wherever you can see it. The end was a bit abrupt and for comfort I could have done without the sideways hill but adds some spice.

StevenX

Roller Poster
Planning to visit Madrid a little later in the year and thinking I need to check this out. Has anyone got any experience with taking public transport to the city? Seems like it might be a bit of a pain...

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
Planning to visit Madrid a little later in the year and thinking I need to check this out. Has anyone got any experience with taking public transport to the city? Seems like it might be a bit of a pain...
No it ain't no pain at all.
You can take metro/subway 3 from station "Sol" to station "Villaverde Bajo-Cruce".
And from there it is bus 412 to the park

Rupert

Mega Poster
Great to know also - thanks! Do you know if public transport matches the opening hours? Be a shame to cut out night rides if the bus doesn’t go til ~midnight or so.

lemonylucas

Roller Poster
You can also get a coach from the bus station. It arrived just before park opening and leaves 30 minutes after the park closes. I used it yesterday and it was super easy. You can buy the coach and park entry ticket together through the park website.