What's new

"Now Showing"

peep

CF Legend
Yeah, it does make the first film look stupid now, but I think it's because they changed the character to give the story more good stuff. It's best to watch the first film and forget Sabretooth is in the scenes. :p

Ollie

CF Legend
Star Trek:

Have to say... I loved it!
It was well paced, had great scenes, good actors, lots of funny scenes, lots of action.
Just everything you expect from a good film.
Spock was good but it was hard to look at him without thinking of Sylar (from Heroes). Simon Pegg made a great Scotty. Really funny and provided alot of 'laugh out loud' moments. The CGI was really good although I felt that giant red spider thing ruined it as it looked sooooo fake and cartoony that the scene just became funny.
It's a great film and is good to bring new people into it. I knew nothing about Star Trek before watching it and still enjoyed it.
There were still a few confusing bits.
That red bubble blob thing. I didn't fully understand what that did. And also why everyone on that big octopus shaped ship look the same? It seemed they killed the main bad guy but then it cut to him alive (different person though) somewhere else on the ship.

Still, I highly recommend it and it was great to watch. :)

9/10

Lain

Giga Poster
Ollie said:
Star Trek:

Have to say... I loved it!

And I was looking forward to it... :(

---

I just got back from seeing the new X-Men whatsit. It was fairly good, very fast-paced and surprisingly short. It also had loads of cool special effect-y bits.

Having said that, it did feel a bit rushed, like they wanted to finish it as soon as possible, and it lacked a bit of substance I felt. Also, Weapon XI was cool, and should have had a bigger part.

And oh yeah, more Gambit plz. He's awesome.

Snoo

The Legend
Its ok Lain.. it was good. :)

Star Trek

Well.. awesome. As many others have said.. it is just a fantastic movie with a great storyline which wasn't killed with Spocks appearance.

9.5/10

Error

Strata Poster
I decided to say "farewell" to my family for I'm leaving to Chicago. As a treat and a mother's day present, I took the family to see Star Trek.

First off, I never thought I'd ask for tickets to see a star trek movie, let alone a new one. And I was a bit timid on the matter, seeing as recasts and such never seem to go well.

Completely wrong here.

Within 2 minutes, you're thrown into action, as a ship battle happens showing some bravery and a girl getting sucked out into space (Which nearly made me cry right there, because that would suck). It shows the origins really well and explains somethings I've always wondered, like how Kirk beat the "no win" simulator, and who built that damned thing (both quite quickly).

Visuals were mindblowning, as most of the Trek movies are, and puts forward new standards in how it should be done. Images are Crystal clear and smooth, and have some AWESOME shots of the ships. Casting and acting were brilliant, as all the characters took on the roles cleanly (minus Spock, since I can only see him as the emotionless Sylar) and there are several funny little details that made us all laugh.

The storyline is the only thing that bugged me. They ended up changing a few things so as to give it all a fresh start, and make us go threw a bit of a mind ****. And Chekhov shouldn't be there, damnit!

Overall, damn good film. Go see it (This means YOU Taylor!)

9.9/10

Lain

Giga Poster
Kay, I've just seen Star Trek, and I have to say, it was pretty good.

It was very silly, and extremely geeky, but I enjoyed every second of it!

Also, Simon Pegg is awesome. "GET TAE F... SHUT UP!" Lol.

Also also, it is better than the new X-Men thingymawhatsit.

Ollie

CF Legend
Treasure Planet:
Never got the chance to see this when it came out.
It was pretty good actually. Nice animation, I liked the way the kinda mixed 3D with 2D it worked well. The characters were good as well. Nice imaginative creatures and good background to the main character and his family.
For those that have seen it. Was that cook guy his dad? It wasn't really answered in the film.

Anyway nice film, great story and seems like one of those lesser known Disney films as most people I've talked to haven't seen it.

7.8/10

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Star Trek.

Was brilliant. CGI was stunning. Amusing at points. Not sure on the story but the action was non stop.

9.5/10.

Ollie

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Overall, damn good film. Go see it (This means YOU Taylor!)

Maybe when it comes out on DVD :p .
If Taylor hates it then it'll prove how epic the film is. :p

I think Taylor would like it but the storyline would confuse her as they always seem to do. ;)

peep

CF Legend
Went to see Coraline in 3D yesterday.

I'm not sure what it was but I wasn't impressed by it at all. It just felt dull, it seemed like it should be fun and exciting and it just wasn't. Near the end just felt like a really easy PS2 game. I felt that even the 3D wasn't as good as it could've been but then that could be down to the cinema.

Rating: 2/5

When I got home I watched Star Trek: nemesis.

It was actually good, I enjoyed most of it, the wedding reception bit seemed a bit out of place. It was a good storyline and was well paced. The special effects were really good too. The main problem with this film though is that there are loads of hints towards the TV series and meant the film could only be seen if you watched the show.

Rating: 4/5

Earlier I watched kids film Catch that kid on TV.

It was quite enjoyable, felt quite adult at times for a kids film (didn't rely on some slapstick comedy during action or emotional scenes). The kids were ok (even the young Corbin Bleu) and the story was nice.

Rating: 3.5/5

Dave

CF Legend
So I watched the Tim Burton Batman's last night, as I was epicly bored.

Batman
Now I really like the film, but I don't know what it is about Tim Burton films that has to make it so comic yet dark, yes this is a nice touch, but like the scene in the mansion when they are looking at the armour, could've been left out...
Jack Nicholson was excellent, and I can see where Dark Knight did a homage to the original Joker where he's standing in the street and asking Batman to come to him.
Michael Keaton is one of the better Bruce Wayne's, he has a charming quality about him, shame he looks like he's got a 1,000 yard stare for most of them. Also that bit where he smashes the vase and shouts reminds me a bit too much like Beetlejuice for my liking.
So yeah Batman as a whole is a nice start to the series, its not the best one I feel.

7/10

peep

CF Legend
Watched Ghost ship on TV last night.

It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. It's quite a cool story and the effects for that sort of film were quite good. Not as scary as anticipated but I'm not fussed as to how scary a film is.

Rating: 3/5

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I watched it on DVD release peep! I really enjoyed it. It wasn't as dreadful as I thought it was gonig to be - it was still pretty bad, but it was entertaining just enough in the right way. I just thought it was going to be stupid entertaining...

peely

Roller Poster
Well, just watched Sin City again. This time ive got the newly released Blu-Ray version. Well worth the money.

Wow.. I would never had thought that a black and white and touches of red film would look soooo good on Blu-Ray. It seems like a perfect from digital transfer with no viable artifacts or noise anywhere. Plus the DTS HD soundtrack is top notch.

Another good aspect of this release is that its a near full screen presentation as well. Im not good with the wierd aspect ratios, but its almost full screen with only a border of around 2cm top to bottom on a 1080p TV. It comes with 2 blu ray disks. 1 with original cut. the other with directors chronological edition. Not to mention the numerous amounts of extras!

Not to mention that i love this film anyway. Its a classic.

Film 9/10
HD Version 10/10

Ben

CF Legend
I watched Repo The Genetic Opera last night.

OMG

It's amazing. It's musical and gory... it couldn't be more perfect for me.

And holy crap, Sarah Brightman and Paris Hilton pulled out stonkers!

<3

Homer

Hyper Poster
Be Kind Rewind
A charming kind of feelgood movie that had good movie parodies. Jack Black and Mos Def did a good performance. I was a little disappointed in the way that there were not as many parodies. But that's not to say that it was a bad film.

7.5/10

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
A film that still holds up pretty good to this day. I wish sometime they would make a sequel though.

8/10