What's new

"Now Showing"

Watched American Pie: Band Camp last night, the fourth in the American Pie series.

One too far really. The first three were good enough, and this was just not up to standards. It only had one major character from the previous movies and a cameo by the Sermanator. Other than that, they tried t get in a few more laughs, some worked, but others did not.

6/10

Next up: American Pie: The Naked Mile :roll:

ciallkennett said:
The first was enough, and this was just not up to standards. It only had one major character from the previous movies and a cameo by the Sermanator. Other than that, they tried t get in a few more laughs, some worked, but others did not.

1/10

Next up: American Pie: The Naked Mile :roll:

Fixed!

Homer, I found Be kind rewind really weird. I just couldn't get my head around it properly. The parody bit I got, and the "Sweded" bit, it just didn't seem to know if it should be fantasy, fantasy comedy or moralistic tale.

Biggest issue was the fact it just wasn't massively funny...

Homer said:
Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
A film that still holds up pretty good to this day. I wish sometime they would make a sequel though.

8/10

Absolute classic! There are big rumours of a sequel but I think it would just destroy the awesomeness of the first one.

Lain said:
Don't forget about ANTHONY STEWART HEAD. <3

See, I thought he was surprisingly disappointing given the fact he's AWESOME in most other things. It was all about Paris and Sarah <3 <3 <3

I saw Angels and Demons this afternoon. I haven't seen The Da Vinci Code, so I can't compare the two, but I did think this was good fun.

It reminded me of National Treasure in a lot of places, and I love National Treasure, so woo.

Also, I bought The Fifth Element for £3 from Asda today, and will be watching that later. Woo.

Lain said:
Also, I bought The Fifth Element for £3 from Asda today, and will be watching that later. Woo.

They're wrong! It's rubbish... Apart from semi-naked Milla Jovovich - which is a lot of the film... So yeah, you probably won't notice how poor the film is because of the drool factor.

Gary Oldman - such a waste in that film.

Watched Wanted last night. It reminded me of a cross between Jumper (in filmic quality) and The Matrix. Literally, if you mixed the two, you'd have a better story than Jumper, made like the Matrix, but so much more badly made than the Matrix (and weaker in story) that it is a long way from being good.

However, it's really entertaining. Irritating at times it's so badly directed and edited, but really entertaining at times too.

So a difficult one to score really. Angelina Jolie - 3 points. NIN - 7 points. Repeat of the same NIN song from the start (maybe in an attempt to be ironic) - minus 5 points. LOL moments - 2 points. Morgan Freeman - 1 point. Utterly stupid at times (suspension of disbelief out of the window) - minus 1.

I make that 7/10 (waits for Lain or Martyn to double check my figures - then for Lain to knock off 20 points because it has NIN in it because he has sucky music tastes :p ).

furie said:
Lain said:

They're wrong! It's rubbish... Apart from semi-naked Milla Jovovich - which is a lot of the film... So yeah, you probably won't notice how poor the film is because of the drool factor.

Gary Oldman - such a waste in that film.

*Razzberry*

The Incredible Hulk

A LOT better than the 2003 film. Some parts still felt slow, but it had a lot more action to make up for it. Oh, and the ending, awesome. That's all I am going to really say.

8/10

Furie is quite wrong. In an extreme way. The Fifth Element is brilliant madness. It has lee evans fer fook's sakes!

8.5/10

[as an aside, you have a seemingly schizophrenic film taste, Phil :D]

Saw Magnolia t'other day. Absolutely stunning! It's really hard to describe, even though it's 3 hours long. There's not a dull moment throughout and it all just... works...

Just watch it.

9/10

Can someone please explain Quantum Of Solace to me as I have watched it for an 1 hour and 50 mins and have not got a clue.