What's new

"Now Showing"

Ollie

CF Legend
peep said:
Today I went to the cinema and saw the new Disney animation Bolt in 3D.
I'm going to see that soon. I've been looking forward to it for ages and have heard nothing but great reviews about it. :)

Ben

CF Legend
I'd also forgotten how funny it is when it goes from that grand ****e hole New York, to somewhere as loverly as Paris <3.

peep

CF Legend
^The Devil wears prada is a great film, love it.

Last night I caught a film on BBC2 called Since you've been gone.

It's a really random late-90s film which I strangely enjoyed. The concept is simple, big school reunion party. That's it basically but there are some great little stories in there and the trouble makers are amusing.

Rating: 3/5

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
After seeing 'Loft', again a Belgian thriller from director Eric Van Looy. This time, I watched 'De Zaak Alzheimer'.

The movie is settled in 1995. It tells the story from Italian serial-killer Angelo Ledda, who was sent to Belgium to finish a murder. But the killer suffers Alzheimer.

Good movie, but not as interesting as 'Loft' was. Was released in the USA under 'The Alzheimer Case' or 'Memory of a Serial Killer'.

Trailer:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1kte3IcmSw[/youtube]

peep

CF Legend
Watched two films today...

First film I watched was The dam buster on DVD.

I've always wanted to watch this film, it didn't disappoint, it is a very British film and I thought it was great. The action sequences are a little dated but excellent for it's time. The film also creates a huge amount of tension and excitement as it leads up to the finale.

Rating: 4/5

I then caught a film on Channel 4 called Laura.

It was a film noir made in 1944. It was ok, good acting all round and some good twists in the plot near the end.

Rating: 3/5

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Top 100 films, yadda yadda yadda...

King Kong last night (the 1933 version).

The film is amazing for one so old! Though the models are clearly poor by todays standards, the effects are actually quite convincing (in an "it's an 80 year old film" kind of way).

The pacing of the film is brilliant though, and I still love the story. It's just so much better than the latter versions of the film. Got to love the huge gorilla face :)

marc

CF Legend
Over the last week we have watched Saw 1 to 4.

They are good clever films thats for sure and all have clever twists and turns, I personally got bored watching Saw 4 but Saw 2 was better the 2nd time round.

Robocop was on the other night as well so we watched it, even though I have it on DVD. Tbh the film has not really aged, yes the effects would be better now days etc but its still an ok film with action all the way through.

Terminator 3 was also watched again. No matter what people say I like the film. It follows well and again its action all the way through.

Ollie

CF Legend
Starship Troopers:

Love this film. It's hit everything just right and is a great film. Considering it came out in 1997 the effects and settings are fantastic. All the special are amazing with all the bugs on screen and the space scenes and are better than some of the films we get now. The acting is a bit cheesy but the characters are believable and have their own separate personality's that makes them easily identifiable.
The fight scenes are tremendous and really well put together, there's lot of gunfire, lots of guts and gore and plenty of action happening on screen to make sure you don't get the slightest bit bored.

Great film and I recommend everyone to see it at least once in their life.

9/10

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'm going to see My Bloody Valentine tonight woo!

The other night I watched The Magdelene Sisters, I almost cried (I've seen it before) and I never cry at films. I think it's just the hopelessness of the women's situations and the way they are treated when most of them were actually raped or abused or something and that's why they're in there. Also, nuns are evil!

9/10 just because I love the story.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
No country for old men.

- 1 point for crap dialoge.
- 1 point for **** ending.

Other that that it was pretty good. 8/10.

AeRo

Hyper Poster
^ I liked No Country for Old Men :)

I finally got Taken on blu ray today, 3 days after its' release, thanks to Play.
icon_sad.gif

I saw the film at the cinema last year, and was blown away by how good it was. I have had a downloaded version of it since December, but that is nothing compared to the quality of blu ray. Liam Neeson is excellent as the ex CIA father whose daughter is taken by Albanian gangsters in Paris. The tag line I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you. sets the tone of the movie - an action packed thriller.

It's great to see Fox using DTS as their preferred sound format, although the extras are quite poor - a cool dashboard, a few action scene breakdowns and the French Premiere ... in French
icon_confused.gif

Overall 9/10

mrclam

Giga Poster
I saw "pinapple express" on weekend.

Finally an American comedy which i actually laughed at... (not much though).

End fight sequences are turd.

And the film is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long!!!

A Banana out of 6.4

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Bolt..in 3D

My first 3D film, it's well weird =/. But yeah the films great fun! I loved it.

8/10

It was cheesy in moments and it wasn't perfect. But yeah it's a great balance of humor and action, totally recommend it.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I really liked No Country, but I couldn't watch it over and over. Once or twice is enough to be honest.

- 1 point for crap dialoge.
Got best screenplay at the Oscars and most other awards! I agree with you in a way, but Anton's lines are awesome.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
^ Anton was an awesome character. Javier Bardem was perfect for the character. Its rather like Dark Knight though, 1 amazing character, but the others were poor and I couldn't understand a word they were saying half the time.

Snoo

The Legend
Taken

I ****ing loved it. Liam Neeson was simply bad ass in it.. I had to rewind and see my favorite part of the movie about three times because it was just so ****ing awesome.

10/10