What's new

"Now Showing"

^ Ben if you're going to see it, you just have to read the books! Honestly, the girl in it is so loveable and dumb, she's one of my favourite characters in any book.

mrclam

Giga Poster
Richie said:
and had pointless nudity and sex scenes just because.

That's the whole point of Friday 13th.. he's punishing teenagers who drink and have sex... That's the plot of the movie.. So how is it "pointless"?

When i heard of the remake - i actually thought they'd ruin it by not including sex and only have violence (after all - most teenagers nowaday have no problems watching someone get murdered but seem to have a problem with nudity..)

Is that because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Maybe. I mean, she is kind of stupid and my boyfriend did say he has witnessed me say "oh look it's on sale, that means I have to get it" and then never ever wear or use the thing I bought :p .

Snoo

The Legend
Ben said:
SnooSnoo said:
Ben said:
It's not that it's a bad film just because you don't like it... I mean, it could still be a bad film and it could fail to be frilly and entertaining to those who like to shop, but, that remains to be seen...

So.. win for Taylor.. and for everyone else.. it will suck 14 levels of suck.

Awesome.

... I imagine I'll quite like it, because I'm the kind of person that likes those sort of films...

Somehow, that just fits for you Ben. :p

Ben

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Is that because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Maybe. I mean, she is kind of stupid and my boyfriend did say he has witnessed me say "oh look it's on sale, that means I have to get it" and then never ever wear or use the thing I bought :p .

I love you.

^ LOL, it's true though, if there's a shirt that's like, $5 or so, it can ALWAYS come in handy someday. Even if it's a size too big or small, one day I may have a major weight fluctuation or.. You know, wearing majorly tight and suffoacting shirts may come into style.

Can never be too safe darling :p

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Jesus. I feel like i've just had my heart ripped out, because i've just watched Seven Pounds.

I'll not go into the plot much, it's been kept pretty quiet by the makers really, so on the off-chance that someone doesn't know what happens yet, i'll not spoil. But, it is extremely emotional. I cracked, and I was called heartless after not crying at The Green Mile, but this is a lot more powerful. It does rely heavily on human emotions, but its pretty well acted too. I am slightly biased towards Will Smith, I generally think he's excellent in whatever he does, but its quite a departure from his normal style of films (i've not seen The Pursuit of Happyness, so that doesn't count), and he handles it well. For Will Smith to play an introverted role is quite a departure! Rosario Dawson is also excellent though, and proves a good equal.

Its a good film though, constantly keeping you hanging on by revealing more details about what's going on and making things clearer throughout the film (I knew the plot but it still kept me hooked), but don't go expecting to come out feeling happy or anything! It really does pull at the heartstrings. I'm going to bed now anyway, because I feel drained!

8/10.

Ploddish

Hyper Poster
I've found what looks to be the greatest film of 2009

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgHUAtF-ZvQ[/youtube]

It shall be glorious.

ROB lol, I actually refuse to see that movie. My boyfriend told me about what happens and like, honestly, for me being such a crybaby, that ending sounds wayy too sad.

You should see me with the Green Mile and the Elephant Man, so this doesn't sound any less sad, haha.

mrclam

Giga Poster
I had a movie night on saturday night for all my single lonely friends (So basically me and my teddy bears).

Teddy Edward bought along "The Happening"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0949731/

If you want to see the WORST FILM EVER with quite possibly the worst acting i've ever seen (even for Mark Wahlberg), which is sooo bad it's laugh out loud funny.

Then watch this!

The plot is similar to a very bad Doctor Who episode. Except with some gory deaths in it (death by lawn mower!). The premise behind the movie is the stupidest i've ever heard (wont spoil it for you - as it's not revealed until near the end).. And the even ending is incredibly poor and incomplete.

Funniest bad movie i've seen in a long while (but it's probably down to your state of mind when you watch it) - at a party with friends, after drink and other substances - it's the funniest thing ever. If you're a film buff watching on your own while sober - you may be pi$$ed off at the recommendation:

So:

9/10 or 0/10 depending on whether you have a fit of the giggles when you watch it..

WARNING : It's EVEN WORSE than "tropic thunder", "the core", or pretty much any film recomended on here by "kimahri" or "error"

EDIT: EVEN BETTER! I've just found out it's written and directed by the same bloke who wrote "The Sixth Sense" and "Unbreakable" - And yes.. it's even worse than both of them!

kimahri

CF Legend
Smelly said:
WARNING : It's EVEN WORSE than "tropic thunder", "the core", or pretty much any film recomended on here by "kimahri" or "error"

Oh come on.

2 girls 1 cup wasn't that bad.

Error

Strata Poster
Smelly said:

This coming from a man named Smelly...

mrclam

Giga Poster
I think "The Core" is a decent film too

Okay.. if you think "the core" is a decent film.. or that "Tropic thunder" was funny. Or that "paul blart mall cop" is the best film in years...

You might think it's great.

(Unlikely - but you might)