What's new

"Now Showing"

Yeah, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher had both made it quite openly known they'd been asked, but it was also openly known that they'd been asked to get their **** together first. Their parts "weren't guaranteed".

It had all been very quiet on the Harrison Ford front too - he's too big a name to take part in the game really and had been quiet.

Peter Meyhew DID confirm a little while back, but that was the only real - official - confirmation.

I don't know if I'm excited or not. They're ditched all the extended universe, so I think JJ is going to cast aside all the books and everything the fan community consider Star Wars Lore beyond ROTJ and do a "Star Trek" and just do his own thing.

There are rumours of some of the extended universe coming to TV and the like though, so maybe not all hope is lost. The Han Solo trilogy of books detailing his story from orphan to canteena is excellent and would make a cracking CGI TV series.

Re:

^^ Maybe Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford. The rest of them would probably do it for the food on set.

If I get time I might give Spiderman 2 another try, I feel like I was maybe too judgemental when I first saw it.

Transcendence

I love the concept of this film, it's like a 70's Sci-fi for the modern day, it had a sort of similar style too. I thought it was a little tedious at times but overall I thought it was an enjoyable enough film - if you're into that style of sci-fi.

The other woman

I'd heard great things from people who had seen the trailer (lol) but I'd seen nothing regarding the film apart from a poster with a ring and some names on it. If you love rubbish films aimed at women in a stereotypical way with all amusing moments probably stolen from one of the other rubbish films of a similar nature then you'll absolutely love it. I just found it really tedious. There was the occasional moment where I found it funny but most of the 'laughs' - to me - seemed really out of place and weird? It also felt really awkward as there's three main female characters who are all meant to be best buds but one of them barely says anything, just sits there smiling and looking uncomfortable. While the other two look like they're having the best time of their lives. It was really weird. I also thought it was weird that the plot revolves around a guy who is pretty devious (so must be fairly smart) etc but manages to get toyed with by these three women in the most 90s teen comedy way possible. Big fat MEH.

I'm pretty sure the embargo is over now so I can finally post my review for... Bad neighbours

I was very lucky to get into an advance screening of this film where we were served free food and drink (alcoholic cocktail had lots of alcohol) and there was a really good vibe in the audience which set the perfect mood for the film. The film stars Seth Rogen and Zac Efron as two neighbours, one has a new baby and one moves in next door and opens a frat house. If you haven't seen a trailer then avoid at all costs and go see it!!! If you have seen a trailer then still go see this film, it was really funny and kept surprising me throughout. The entire audience were laughing the whole way through and I can't wait to go see it again at some point. (Opens in the UK Saturday (I know, how weird is THAT?)).

I've been looking forward to Neighbors since I saw the first red band trailer, we have to wait one more week since Spiderman comes out tomorrow here and they won't compete with that.

Re: "Now Showing"

We met the actor who plays c3po today and he asked me if I was looking forward to the new film. I said so so, he smiled at me and said you should be. This was after he said sorry about the Ewoks to me, so I have hope the new film is going to be good :).

You hate the ewoks I assume?

Amazing Hipster Spiderman 2

Holy hipster Batman! I feared terribleness from the second they announced all the villains. I was afraid we would see another gap commercial like we did in that awful third one. I was interested in the clock tower scene, given what it's about in the comics. I was actually pleasantly surprised!

Considering all they fit in, it didn't feel like it was lacking identity like I feared, even thoihgh at times it was going that way, but then corrected itself. Saw it in IMAX 3D (rant coming at end) and it kept me entertained. I hate how they made Harry into the ultimate hipster **** and then the splash mountain washboard band they played halfway through. It was definitely better than the first one in this series, and probably the best one yet. Can't say more as, well, massive spoilers.

Rant time: There is nothing worse than an IMAX theater which doesn't shut off all the lights for 3D and the light causes nasty glares on the **** goggles. You need a dark theater for it to work, otherwise you spend half the movie trying to find that same angle that you had but you just can't get it right again. I'll be making sure I see Godzilla in non IMAX 3D.

I don't but he does lol. He also does not like the edited version he was happy I saw the original versions.

Spiderman 2.

I wasn't arsed about seeing it, but my parents are visiting and I need to keep them occupied. My dad wanted to see it and has never seen anything in Imax before, so that was an easy couple of hours to waste.

Meh. It was ok. It looked great in Imax 3D at least.

I'm assuming it had a few extra bits during the credits? I was desperate for a slash so had to run out as soon as they started.

I ended up seeing Spiderman again as Bad Neighbours was sold out! I really enjoyed it this time, I like how they delve deeper into the story of his parents.

^ There's a random scene from the new X-Men film about 5 minutes into the credits. You didn't miss much.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

The Hangover

Saw it flying from Cleveland to Las Vegas and it was SO funny! It wouldn't be my first choice of movies to watch on the plane (I had to spend a few scenes shielding my iPad because it was somewhat inappropriate) but it wasn't anything terribly serious. I did plenty of laughing like an idiot in my seat, I gasped when I saw Manhattan Express in the background during that scene, and it was the perfect way to kick off the Vegas trip! Watching the third one in the trilogy with my cousin and her husband sometime this week. 9/10

^ Do yourself a favor, and assume that there were never sequels made to The Hangover.

Hyde said:
^ Do yourself a favor, and assume that there were never sequels made to The Hangover.
My cousin said that the second one sucked but the third one was good, so we'll be watching it. There really can't be much from the second movie that I need to see the third. It's either tonight or tomorrow we're watching 3.

Christ the second Hobbit film.

It's more boring than the first film. Yet again everything looks fake and it's so drawn out and just boring.

How did they go from making great films to this crap.

Utterd with time CGI is starting flat on its face finding movies like the hobbit didn't really mind it.

"Now Showing"

The dragon looked stunning but did it really require an hour fight just to end the film there?

I still can't fathom why they did three films? Yes, Peter Jackson likes to make things way too long, but Lord of the Rings should have been 18 movies based on size of source material compared to Hobbit. I hate the splitting of books into multipart movies. This trend needs to end.

tomahawk said:
I still can't fathom why they did three films?

I can. It's quite simple really. More money.

You're welcome.

Neighbors

Was really looking forward to it, went on a Friday night as I assumed it would be packed, as it seemed like a movie that would benefit from more people laughing. It was empty and I wish it were full. I really enjoyed it, but the commercials gave away way too much. You could hear all the women sigh when Efron took his shirt off everytime. Definitely would benefit from a full theater.

The Croods

Saw this with my cousin in Vegas the night before we went to SFMM and I have to say I liked it. Really funny, the animated settings were absolutely gorgeous, and I loved the message of the movie. Definitely something to watch before you ride something dubbed "YOLOcoaster." 8/10