What's new

NoLimits Coaster News! (Updated DECEMBER 31th 2013!!!)

Re: NoLimits Coaster News! (Updated July 3:rd!!!)

No, but we can be rest assured that the list will include all of the rides currently featured, especially if they want maximum compatibility between the 2 versions.

Re: NoLimits Coaster News! (Updated July 3:rd!!!)

New update:

http://nolimitscoaster.de/index.php?pag ... 1224171250

The NoLimits team wishes Merry Christmas to all our customers. We have been quite silent within the last months, we are still working on NL2 and implemented lots of cool features meanwhile. However we realized that we need more time and we do not want to give the false impression that NL2 might be close to get released. It is not. We have to be carefull about what to show and what not, because each time we post something new, people start asking when it will be released. We can safely admit that all the highly demanded coasterstyles are already implemented and look great. However there is still a lot to do. Let me give you some statistics to give you an idea of the size of this project. The source-code has reached over 500,000 lines of C++ code (without counting comments and scripted code) in over 1,000 classes, even though I tried to go to a more data-driven design using xml files and scripts the size of the source code is just huge. That is already 4 times the size of NL1. Compile time fortunately is not a big deal anymore because of the use of multi-core CPUs. The list of new features compared to NL1 is almost endless, let me describe a couple of features to show that we were indeed busy. Some new features include various realtime editing spline indicators like a g-force comb and a speed comb that show accelerations and speeds along the track while editing the coaster. Another new feature is occlusion culling. Most of the new trains have over 100.000 polygons per train and I realized that there is the need for frame rate optimizations. The new occlusion culling system helps to improve fps for complex coasters, especially indoor ones, by using customizable occluder objects. Those can be added to scene objects easily. The system is my own design and is pretty powerfull and works better for applications like NL2 than most similiar systems found in books (like anti-portals or hardware acclerated occlusion query). Another new feature is the manual block mode. The block system operation of the coaster can be controlled manually in manual block mode, it is great for testing the block system (no more E-Stop tests required) or it can be used to move trains from and to transfer tracks. I have created a short video showing the manual block mode in operation using my NL2 Kumba coaster. I moved some trains around between storage tracks. In NL2 there is a new segment type called the Storage section. Storage sections act as a block but they only participate when in manual block mode. In automatic block mode, they simply do nothing, so trains on them will not move. Have fun with the video. [ol]
Looks SEXY!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72ip81oudVE[/youtube]

Happy Christmas you ho's! :)

Re: NoLimits Coaster News! (Updated DECEMBER 24TH!!!)

That looks stellar. It also looks like they got the tunnels working and it sounds like they added new sounds. They're adding so much realism to this, I'll cream if the next update reveals paths, queues, realistic catwalks, etc.

Hoping they implement realistic station train movements, like when the train enters the station, just before it stops it slows to a crawl, then stops..

I just hope they do better restraints animations... not having all the restraints going down at the same time and having them to different heights.

This became one of my highlights this Christmas

^ Your Christmas must have been uneventful, transfer track isn't mind-blowing :)

Its just nice to know that they are still working on Nolimits 2. :) Plus, the detail is pretty increadible! They even have a sound for when the wheels move over the gap between the transfer track and regular track

Treeis said:
Plus, the detail is pretty increadible! They even have a sound for when the wheels move over the gap between the transfer track and regular track
Yeah I agree with the amazing attention to detail though.

Going by the date, I'm saying it's a prank.

There was one last year about shooting zombies as you ride.

Lol inverted Kumba!

I'm gonna take the plunge and say it's real. The zombies were photoshopped in the last april fools joke and these look way more genuine.

So does this mean that you might have to do safety checks? Or by choice?

Antinos said:
Lol inverted Kumba!

I'm gonna take the plunge and say it's real. The zombies were photoshopped in the last april fools joke and these look way more genuine.
I'm no expert on how NL is actually designed, but these guys would be able to knock up a model of the service car pretty quickly and easily get it to just stick to the track for a few pictures. It's the name (WOTIV - sounds a bit like "what if" to me) and the percentage of bolts checked thing that makes me question it. Coupled with the release date... yeah I don't buy it.

I forgot to ask this, when is this actually meant to be released? I'm sure it kept getting put back and forward all the time? Is it 2012 or 2013 now?

No one quite knows, not even Ole Lange. But they are working on it. Thats the good thing. I would guess some point in 2013.

Ummm....there has been an update showing off the whole new support system somewhat. Loads easier apparently. Also talked about pre-fabs....

Update June 6th!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2