What's new

NoLimits Coaster News! (Updated DECEMBER 31th 2013!!!)

Only just noticed, but I wondered why the third picture along looked weird -- it's a DM with a 7(+) car train.

Post April 1:st update...

Ole said:
Every year it is called April Fools' Day with good reason. From the E-mails we got at least some people believed in our Ride For Your Life Zombie Horror shooter joke. Some people even asked if we could add a switch for disabling the zombies to prevent smaller children from getting scared. Do not worry, we were only joking and will stick to simulating coasters only. All the zombies and gore were photoshopped by Kevin and were absolutely fake. Okay, hopefully all the confusion is cleared up now, let's talk about the real NL2. We are working hard on it. Still lots of fundamental features such as supports and track decoration are not finished yet, but it is becoming more usable almost every day. Some people might have noticed the rusty worn out rails in the zombie pictures. Those were not fake and instead are a real option inside the program. There is the choice between multiple levels of wearout and also an option for white stripes on the rails. Those stripes can be found on some recent coasters made by specific manufacturers. If I remember correctly they are added to reduce friction and to increase the lifespan of the wheels, please tell me if I am wrong. In NL2 they can be assigned to any coasterstyle.

Also there are additional track options like larger boxes found on high stress areas on taller hyper coasters. The left screenshots also show a new coasterstyle not shown before called the rocket launch coaster. Each car can now have an individual color setup. Now back to work.[ol]

nl2_6_1.jpg

There are a few more pictures over at: www.nolimitscoaster.de

I've been waiting for them to announce different color cars. Now if only we can get them to have different color restraints per train...

It's looking better and better with each update.

Re: NoLimits Coaster News! (Updated April 21:st!!!)

^ I think that he is talking about different types that fit each coaster (like the LSM and brakes looks different on mega coasters and accelerator coasters...).
It would be a real miss if he added Accelerator trains, and not added the brakes, LSM, hydraulic launch system for it...

^Falk the launching/braking system, I want 1957 Chevy car bodies <3

WTF??

Why on earth would they do that!!
Keep working on NL 2 instead... :p

What the...

As I don't have NL any more, anybody care to provide a quick overview of the new features? Might become tempted to get it again...

Re: NoLimits Coaster News! (Updated July 3:rd!!!)

^^ Uh, no...

^ Why no longer NL?? Or are you waiting for NL 2.0 to get it again??

New features that I have noticed:
New coaster (duh...)
More speed up options in the simulator, not only 25%, 50%, 100%, 200% and 400%, but 150% and 300% as well.
And some bug fixes...

Too bad that the spinner algorithm is crap in NL though...

loefet said:
Too bad that the spinner algorithm is crap in NL though...

This. Still neat though.

Also, still sad to see the magnetic brakes are still ghetto for the B&M invert.

^^It started when my interest for the game dwindled somewhat, the promise of NL2 to come out soon, etc. I ran out of ideas, and those I had were too hard to execute properly, so I stopped playing the game. When my PC died and had to get the hard drive replaced, NL was gone, and I didn't bother reinstall it.

And... only one new coaster? Looks like a small update, then, but I guess it's still neat.