What's new

NoLimits Coaster News! (Updated DECEMBER 31th 2013!!!)

A

Anonymous

Ole Lange said:
2008-02-17
Starting with this news I am going to release some new information every month about my current project. This project is definitely the largest project I have ever been working on and as you might already have guessed, I am talking about NoLimits 2. It is hard to say how far I am with it because a lot of development was spend so far on basic features like the graphical user interface and main engine and at this point there is nothing cool to show that is has anything to do with a coaster simulation. That means that it is still impossible for me to give you a clear release date. Two years ago, I would have estimated the year 2008 but now it more and more solidifies that I cannot finish it this year. I know that this is a damn long time for a new update. I would like to use these monthly posts for giving you more insight about the project and why it is so huge and why it is not just a new update and why it is not out yet...

Read More at: http://nolimitscoaster.de/news.html

SFMMMan

Mega Poster
Ooo... it's confirmed.

Although, that is a VERY long time for an update, I'm still really looking forward to this.

A

Anonymous

Hopefully he can keep his promise for monthly updates. Anyway, looks like it might come another update on v1 since he talked about still maintaining it.

SFMMMan

Mega Poster
I agree.

Lets hope he does. He probably won't though if he's so busy working on it. Who knows, I'll guess we'll just have to find out.

A

Anonymous

More news:

Ole Lange said:
2008-03-31
The monthly news about my progress working on NL2 turned out very short for this March. The reason is that I was not able to work for the last 3 weeks because of health problems. A couple of days ago I started to work again, but right now I am able to work a couple of hours per day, only. Hopefully I will be able to report more pleasant news next month. There is not much to tell about NL2 at this point, except for that most parts of the file handling will be changed compared to NL1.x. Instead of a global folder for tracks, objects and environments, NL2 will use a project based folder architecture which means that each track is stored in a separated folder with all the resource-files required by the track (custom cartextures, scene-objects etc.) located inside...

More: http://nolimitscoaster.de/news.html

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Seems more likely than Merlin investing in CoasterForce...

Well, not too bad, but not too interesting either. Let's hope Ole recovers quickly, then.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Sounds like a good idea to have the tracks and files stored together.

Hopefully this will make the file system easier to use.

A

Anonymous

Ole Lange said:
Another month passed way too fast. I am almost working at full strength now, but again it felt to me like I was making no progress at all. Within the last couple of weeks I was almost entirely doing experimental stuff and working on tools that will help to speed up development time in the near future. All of these tools have absolutely nothing to do with neither coasters nor simulations, so I do not want to bore you with details...

A

Anonymous

New Update, and this time with pictures!!!!

Ole Lange said:
Sometimes I have the attitude to begin working on new stuff, without finishing what I was working on last. In most cases, the lost of interest for the current work is caused by encountered difficulties that can make you mad if you do not find a good solution for a certain problem in a reasonable amount of time. Sometimes it is simply better to focus on something new instead of wasting time trying hard to find a solution. The downside is, that over the years, the list of unfinished things of NoLimits2 development grew to a number where it is no fun anymore. It was time to check off the list of unfinished things this time, which was what I did the last month. I am quite pleased with the results of the last weeks, even though I did not find the best solution possible for each problem. As I mentioned before, I feel it is time to start showing screenshots of the development process. Please keep in mind that the screenshots are only a very small indication of how far the project is progressed and I will not show screenshots every month. A lot of stuff you will see in the screenshots are only temporary and will be improved later, like textures or the graphical user interface. Okay enough of talk, now to the screenshots...

nl2_1_1.jpg

I have to say, that the new terrain are looking ace.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That looks great. I never really liked the NL landscaping tools, so I hope he's made this easier to do.

It also looks fantastic. It will really add to the realism of NL, I reckon.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Wow, he's doing an impressive job with that terrain. Hopefully we can make tunnels with out having ground collisions and maybe he made a way so we can completely customize our landscapes(large hills) without it taking forever.

Are those green things grass or bushes, because it's hard to tell?

A

Anonymous

^ I think that they are long grass, and yeah tunnels would be awesome.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Tunnels would be sick, although I like making my own custom tunnels, something tha twill fit into the landscape, rather than just being plopped right there, and have it disappear underground.

Also, I sure hope it has 3Ds importing too. That would completely blow if it didn't.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't really see any reason why they would remove the 3Ds importing.

It's one of the features that get used quite a lot, and the "best" or most highly rated rides often have 3Ds scenery. I think it would be a little short sited for them to remove it.