What's new

New attractions at Paultons Park

I don't get all the rave about a water coaster I mean Paultons are all about immersing yourself while riding the ride, a cyclonator is well a cyclonator! The farmyard flyer is intended to be a plane taking off from a barn, windmill towers are exactly that and storm chaser well you're chasing a storm. What would a Mack splash coaster be themed to when there is nothing related to an experience as a Viking with water except a boat ride and you could definitely do that better than a water coaster or powered splash.

Anyway I think either an Intamin hot racer (Thrill)
Intamin multi-launch with spikes up to 30m (Thrill)
A Mack launch coaster similar to Icon (Thrill)

For a new inverting coaster. However this is just my thoughts feel free to rival against this!

I don't get all the rave about a water coaster I mean Paultons are all about immersing yourself while riding the ride, a cyclonator is well a cyclonator! The farmyard flyer is intended to be a plane taking off from a barn, windmill towers are exactly that and storm chaser well you're chasing a storm. What would a Mack splash coaster be themed to when there is nothing related to an experience as a Viking with water except a boat ride and you could definitely do that better than a water coaster or powered splash.

Anyway I think either an Intamin hot racer (Thrill)
Intamin multi-launch with spikes up to 30m (Thrill)
A Mack launch coaster similar to Icon (Thrill)

For a new inverting coaster. However this is just my thoughts feel free to rival against this!
Well those 3 choices seem like they'd never get selected

Yeah, I don't really get them either, I just thought it would fit the theme. Going there recently certainly refocused my ideas of what they might get:

GCI woodie - Personally, I don't think they could get anything much better than this. It would ride differently to anything they've got, and would probably be a little bit bigger, but not too big. The only drawback is that they did hint at an inversion.

Intamin Family Launched (straddle) Coaster - Would be excellent, but again, they hinted at an inversion.

GCI Titan Track hybrid - Could do the inversions and multiple launches, but I do wonder if it's a bit "heavy duty" for the park.

Intamin Hot Racer - Yeah, I don't think there's any reason at all they couldn't get one of these. They might want to attract a new audience, and they don't need a higher capacity than this type of ride provides.

We'll probably get the water coaster though. ;)

I think your forgetting its a youngs kids park aimed at familys

It is but they said at the presentation they're looking to retain those families as they grow up so it's likely this will be the most thrilling rollercoaster in the park.

Still think Hot Racer is the least likely option of those proposed as i don't think many people, particularly families want to sit on rollercoasters on their own.

I'd be happy with just a really good log flume.

Do we even have a good one in the UK now? Loggers Leap was my favourite and that's long gone, Alton has lost theirs, Oakwoods is pretty dire, I think Yarmouth has just lost theirs. Does Blackpool have one (I honestly can't remember).
Chessington still have theirs but somewhat neutered.

I decent well themed modern flume would be lovely.

A GCI would be great or an intamin launch like Juvelen. The UK is already top heavy with inversions so would love to have more airtime in the country. I think people are reading too much into the viking video equalling an inversion tbh. I think what we can expect is a great theme with a storyline and some decent if not thrilling rides, which is what Paultons excel at.

As much as people are rubbishing an Intamin Hot Racer, I actually think it seems like the sort of thing that could be right up Paultons’ street myself. It would be low to the ground and fairly intermediate in terms of thrill level, but it would also be a definite step up from anything they currently have and would offer the potential to introduce an inverting coaster into their lineup.

Paultons is also a small enough park that I don’t think the capacity would be too much of an issue.

Personally, I could definitely see something like Mahuka going to Paultons and fitting in really well!

As much as people are rubbishing an Intamin Hot Racer, I actually think it seems like the sort of thing that could be right up Paultons’ street myself. It would be low to the ground and fairly intermediate in terms of thrill level, but it would also be a definite step up from anything they currently have and would offer the potential to introduce an inverting coaster into their lineup.

Paultons is also a small enough park that I don’t think the capacity would be too much of an issue.

Personally, I could definitely see something like Mahuka going to Paultons and fitting in really well!
I hope your right but Storm Chaser & Cobra have 1m/1.1m min heights, I feel like a 1.2m/1.32m would drastically reduce ridership

I hope your right but Storm Chaser & Cobra have 1m/1.1m min heights, I feel like a 1.2m/1.32m would drastically reduce ridership
I'd say 1.2m or 1.3m would be the right height requirement for the thrilling signature coaster with at least one inversion that they're planning to build. I think there will be more focus on airtime than inversions however I could be wrong.

It's effectively the park's equivalent to Plohn's Dynamite, Drayton's Wave, Chessington's Mandrill Mayhem and Plopsa's Anubis where it is the first more extreme rollercoaster and that's the right move in the right direction. I'd say it could pave the way for something more thrilling long term i.e. like Plopsa did for RTH. I'd say Paultons is heading in a direction that Toverland and Plopsaland have taken years previously.

With it being said in the SuperFans event that the direction is to expand to cater for growing audiences. I think the view that the park is a young family theme park may be out of date and has been since Tornado Springs opened. It's target market is families however it is broader than young families - I think the Peppa Pig marketing has contributed to the view that the park is only for young kids.

The idea is that the new coaster will keep bringing people back that grew up with Paultons Park back when Peppa Pig World first opened and also encourage families to return to ride the new coaster when their kids are big enough to ride.

Cyclonator has a 1.2m height restriction, so I don’t think it’s something Paultons are necessarily averse to.

In my view, such a coaster would be a good way to make the park more of an all-round family park for every age group rather than the young family park it arguably is at the moment.

Currently, there is not a lot at Paultons for older members of the family, and a not insignificant cross section of the population also conflates the park with Peppa Pig and thinks that it only has “baby rides”. I feel that a more thrilling coaster would go some way towards addressing this.

It's effectively the park's equivalent to Plohn's Dynamite, Drayton's Wave, Chessington's Mandrill Mayhem and Plopsa's Anubis where it is the first more extreme rollercoaster and that's the right move in the right direction. I'd say it could pave the way for something more thrilling long term i.e. like Plopsa did for RTH. I'd say Paultons is heading in a direction that Toverland and Plopsaland have taken years previously.

Yes, I agree, the park is becoming something a bit more like Chessington, thrill-wise. It's easy to forget, but Cobra was a lot more thrilling than what they had at the time, and there was even some debate whether it was too intense for the park. Storm Chaser is more intimidating than Cobra, I'd say, and Cyclonator a step scarier than that. You feel you're upside-down on that just as much as a coaster. If people ride that, they can definitely get something with a barrel roll.

Cyclonator has a 1.2m height restriction, so I don’t think it’s something Paultons are necessarily averse to.

Yep, and Edge. I know it's only anecdotal, but all the non-Peppa Pig rides were walk-on when I went last month, but those two were just as busy as anything else. Probably more popular than Velociraptor and Flight of the Pterosaur, actually.

I do agree with those who say a big LIM- or LSM-launched coaster is unlikely, but I can see a tyre-launched coaster with an inline twist, or something like that. At the moment I'm 50/50 on the Hot Racer or the Water Coaster.

I do agree with those who say a big LIM- or LSM-launched coaster is unlikely, but I can see a tyre-launched coaster with an inline twist, or something like that. At the moment I'm 50/50 on the Hot Racer or the Water Coaster.
I think the problem with the Hot Racer is the single seats. I'm sure a young rider would be more apprehensive about riding if they didn't have an older person next to them. Also its not great for on ride photos sitting on your own. That's why I think if it was a tyre launch they would pick a straddle coaster instead. You can go down the thrilling coaster route and still make it for all the family to enjoy together. I don't know what the cost is either. Apparently the new GCI at La Mer De Sable is costing them €5 million which seems a bargain, depending on spec of course.

I'm honestly not so sure an LSM is as unlikely as those who say it's unlikely think. I believe that is one of the primary launches on a rollercoaster for launched coasters nowadays. I'd say it's potentially the most realistic coaster type that the park are potentially getting.

Formula at Energylandia is an LSM launch coaster and that model fits Paultons Park and it's current audience like a glove.

A LIM launch is what is used on Big Bear Mountain at Dollywood (a park Paultons may be aspiring to be like in the future) which also fits Paultons Park well however appears unlikely with the direction the park have teased so far for this investment.

I think the problem with the Hot Racer is the single seats. I'm sure a young rider would be more apprehensive about riding if they didn't have an older person next to them. Also its not great for on ride photos sitting on your own. That's why I think if it was a tyre launch they would pick a straddle coaster instead. You can go down the thrilling coaster route and still make it for all the family to enjoy together. I don't know what the cost is either. Apparently the new GCI at La Mer De Sable is costing them €5 million which seems a bargain, depending on spec of course.
I completely agree with the Hot Racer model although as a different type of coaster has been teased, I don't think a Juvelen clone will be the 2026 coaster. It could come later on down the line.

I'm honestly not so sure an LSM is as unlikely as those who say it's unlikely think. I believe that is one of the primary launches on a rollercoaster for launched coasters nowadays. I'd say it's potentially the most realistic coaster type that the park are potentially getting.

Formula at Energylandia is an LSM launch coaster and that model fits Paultons Park and it's current audience like a glove.

A LIM launch is what is used on Big Bear Mountain at Dollywood (a park Paultons may be aspiring to be like in the future) which also fits Paultons Park well however appears unlikely with the direction the park have teased so far for this investment.

I completely agree with the Hot Racer model although as a different type of coaster has been teased, I don't think a Juvelen clone will be the 2026 coaster. It could come later on down the line.
I believe the design of hot racer cars with seats for only two people (one in the front and one behind) is beneficial. It could encourage kids to be brave enough to ride alone, which I think is a positive thing. After all, riding a coaster alone can be an exciting experience for young people. Additionally, the ride is not intended for families. Paultons has stated that they want to add a ride that will keep older families coming back. It's unlikely that a 14-year-old would want to go on a ride at Peppa Pig World, so they are seeking a thrilling coaster experience. A coaster that isn't too thrilling but still does a great job with a launch and a few inversions like Mahuka is good!

GO INTAMIN HOT RACER!!!

I believe the design of hot racer cars with seats for only two people (one in the front and one behind) is beneficial. It could encourage kids to be brave enough to ride alone, which I think is a positive thing. After all, riding a coaster alone can be an exciting experience for young people. Additionally, the ride is not intended for families. Paultons has stated that they want to add a ride that will keep older families coming back. It's unlikely that a 14-year-old would want to go on a ride at Peppa Pig World, so they are seeking a thrilling coaster experience. A coaster that isn't too thrilling but still does a great job with a launch and a few inversions like Mahuka is good!

GO INTAMIN HOT RACER!!!
Good Point ☺️ I didn't think of it that way - the only concern would be capacity though which for potentially the park's most popular rollercoaster, a Hot Racer might struggle with.

I don't think we'd be seeing a family coaster this time either way. I definitely think the 2026 new coaster will certainly be thrilling although possibly not too intimidating at the same time. I am quite certain this will include some kind of launch, airtime and some inversions - I wouldn't be surprised if this coaster is talked about as one of the UK's best alongside Hyperia and Nemesis (being bold but I think it's somewhat feasible).

I agree, but people forget that Paultons is hardly a popular park the main crowd is a bunch of young children who like to go to peppa pig world, hot racers like Mahuka have a throughput of 660pph that's not going to be a big problem for paultons

Yep, a true woodie or straddle coaster would be my first and second choices, personally. Two very solid types of family-thrill coaster.

Yeah, I shouldn't have lumped in LIM-launched with LSM, actually. Something like Big Bear Mountain would be great.

I don't think we'd be seeing a family coaster this time either way. I definitely think the 2026 new coaster will certainly be thrilling although possibly not too intimidating at the same time. I am quite certain this will include some kind of launch, airtime and some inversions - I wouldn't be surprised if this coaster is talked about as one of the UK's best alongside Hyperia and Nemesis (being bold but I think it's somewhat feasible).

Agreed. Adding another family-thrill coaster would be great in my book, but I suspect they want to broaden their audience. Whilst I can't imagine something as big or powerful as a launched looper (like Abyssus or Toutatis), I'd be very surprised if their next coaster wasn't enough to be classified as "extreme" on RCDB. Hot Racer fits the bill, in my opinion.

I agree, but people forget that Paultons is hardly a popular park the main crowd is a bunch of young children who like to go to peppa pig world, hot racers like Mahuka have a throughput of 660pph that's not going to be a big problem for paultons
I feel attacked by this lol 😂. I jest of course but Paultons is my local park and it is a fantastic day out for lots of reasons other than peppa pig world. When I was last there at the beginning of September it did feel like a bit of a shift, as Cobra, flight of the pterosaur etc had consistent queues of 15-20 mins. So it does feel like something slightly more thrilling is what is needed. Regardless of the ride type, I’d like to see a custom layout instead of the off the shelf designs they’ve built so far.

Talking about capacity at Paultons - I believe we may be making a category error when we say that Paultons doesn’t ‘need’ a high capacity ride. The reason queues are low there is because (unlike say, Merlin 👀) they have exceptional maintenance standards and they have a lot of attractions spread throughout the park that mostly remain open throughout the day. When we go there we know we will be getting on everything, regardless of how busy it is (and it was very busy on our visit). Also, there’s the question of future-proofing - if Paultons’ future is as bright as many of us believe it to be then the higher capacity the better in terms of future guest numbers.