What's new

New attractions at Paultons Park

Talking about capacity at Paultons - I believe we may be making a category error when we say that Paultons doesn’t ‘need’ a high capacity ride. The reason queues are low there is because (unlike say, Merlin 👀) they have exceptional maintenance standards and they have a lot of attractions spread throughout the park that mostly remain open throughout the day. When we go there we know we will be getting on everything, regardless of how busy it is (and it was very busy on our visit). Also, there’s the question of future-proofing - if Paultons’ future is as bright as many of us believe it to be then the higher capacity the better in terms of future guest numbers.
That is exactly what I am thinking.

With this new (potentially signature) coaster, it has the potential to really put the park on the map as much as Peppa Pig World did or what Nemesis did for Alton Towers which will attract higher crowd levels than what they're currently getting.

I would say that it should be as high capacity if not higher rollercoaster as the ones they currently have at the moment with at least two trains. I'd say 1000 pph is the minimum they should be aiming for.

I'd also be saying that it'd need supporting family and thrill attractions alongside including a major water ride to help ease the pressure around the new headliner.

The new attractions including the coaster would ideally need to be designed to cope with a significantly increased amount of people than the park currently have as of now. If the capacity isn't high enough, I think the park will see increased queues all around the park and very high queues for the new signature coaster.