What's new

NEMESIS: SUB-TERRA [Alton 2012]

I wasn't as happy with the apparent reduction of lights in Duel though.

Yeah, I agree. I used to think that there were too many of them LED lights, but now there seems to be too many scenes where its pitch black, and nothing to do, or even look at...

Damn, I kind of wished I had ridden it when it was "sh1t" so I could fairly compare it. I'll have to wait for furie's opinion.

I'm happy to see that Alton Towers have listened to the criticism and acted upon it.

LOL! I'm meeting Jerry there in just over a week's time, so I'll be sure to ride it again so I can give a final opinion... Until they read it and make more changes based on my thoughts ;)

Someone mentioned the shouting above...

Now, in principle I am all for it, it really adds to the atmosphere and tension etc however, there is a couple of things the 'actors' should be a little bit more mindful of. A) Because you are acting a part does not give you a right to be down right rude to guests. I only saw it happen the once but the look on the womans face she thought it was a step over the line, she certainly didn't seem to laugh it off as part of the 'experience'. B) They should be a bit more careful when they shout or where they shout from. When we were exiting the second lift it was like the guy was stood right behind the door. As it opened I had my back to it (not knowing what was coming next) and he literally shouted right down my ear, to the point where it actually hurt. You know when sound is that loud it hurts your eardrum... that was it. Shouting down peoples ears like that can actually cause damage. The last thing they need is a law suit because someones hearing has been damaged or whatever.

Like I say, I have no problem with the shouting, they just need to be a bit more mindful of the consequences.

Mark said:
Someone mentioned the shouting above...

Now, in principle I am all for it, it really adds to the atmosphere and tension etc however, there is a couple of things the 'actors' should be a little bit more mindful of. A) Because you are acting a part does not give you a right to be down right rude to guests. I only saw it happen the once but the look on the womans face she thought it was a step over the line, she certainly didn't seem to laugh it off as part of the 'experience'. B) They should be a bit more careful when they shout or where they shout from. When we were exiting the second lift it was like the guy was stood right behind the door. As it opened I had my back to it (not knowing what was coming next) and he literally shouted right down my ear, to the point where it actually hurt. You know when sound is that loud it hurts your eardrum... that was it. Shouting down peoples ears like that can actually cause damage. The last thing they need is a law suit because someones hearing has been damaged or whatever.

Like I say, I have no problem with the shouting, they just need to be a bit more mindful of the consequences.
Only just read this comment, you're so right, the thing is, they're not even using 'actors'. They've simply either done one of two things;

1) 'Trained' the platformers etc how to "Act".
2) Done auditions (which I never saw or heard ANYTHING of, so I doubt it), and just found people who've got a big persona to carry this theme forward.

This is the problem with not getting trained personnel to do this job, trained performers know where to stop and how far they can go, if these people are just going for it (which can be good, but not in the long run), they're going to come into many, MANY problems.

Also, it's god that it's closed again, let's hope they are in fact adding more to the ride, I know they've been updating it every few weeks with tiny little changes from what someone has mentioned on Facebook.

I went on this last week and thought it was fine. Nowt special, but told a good story and was reasonably exciting. But strangely the majority of riders seemed to be women (in fact, there were 2 hen parties in my group) and they LOVED it. They were going crazy over it.

Although, to be honest, the so-called scariness of the experience was lessened by the sight of a grown woman wandering around in a giraffe onesie.

I thought this was going to be awful reading whats on here and what the guy on the skyride just before i went on it said, but I found this amazing. For such a simple ride type it is really fun and the effects are amazing.

I wasn't expecting the effects in the second lift!

I rode this for the first time last weekend, the queue for it was the biggest in the park, i'm sure it won't stay that way for long. I quite enjoyed it but they didn't turn the lights out at the right time so you could just see the table in the middle turning over which was pretty dissapointing. What happened with the missing elevator floor effect they used in the promo work though?

^ That was all a publicity stunt to promote the park and Sub-Terrra. They did that in an Elevator in London, it was never part of the ride.

Not Sub-Terra related, but I've read elswhere that Merlins cut backs are going to hit Alton soon, and its going to involve closing the Sky Ride and Monorail during the week......

That would actually kill me come the end of the day!

^ I'm the other way around. I can see why they'd stop the Skyride, but not the Monorail. I feel sorry for the people who have to wheel their Push-Chairs/Prams all the way back to their cars.

Getting from Nemesis to Rita/Thirteen is so much quicker via the Skyride! Plus, A couple of Saturdays ago when I last went, The monorail was empty all day and the other station was nowhere near where the cars were parking.

IMO, the next ride to go will be the Monorail.

Neither of these 'attractions' should be closed for cut backs, they're essential for making the day at Alton bareable

Maybe, at the very least, they should stop running the Monorail from say 12pm - 4pm?

I'm the other way round as well.

I can do without the sky ride but the rail no way, not if they are going to keep charging for the car park.

It's wrong they are doing this.

This must be to cut down on costs due to them not closing at 4 like they were going to.

Is the park doing that badly?