What's new

Most Disappointing Ride

marc

CF Legend
gavin said:
Just been thinking back to the Denmark/Germany trip. Big disappointment there was Nessie Superrollercoaster, the Schwarzkopf looper at Hansa Park.

I don't think anybody really wanted to say it at the time, in reverence to the general brilliance of Schwarzkopf loopers, but apart from one decent moment of airtime, it was a load of crap.

Agree. I said to Mark when we got off the coaster, but sort of kept it to myself. It lacked anything really apart from the loop, the rest was slow.

Its probably the worst Schwarzkopf I have been on.

tks

Strata Poster
Expedition GeForce.. It was boring after the first hill. Wayyy too overbanked, far too slow through the corners. I felt myself hanging out of the car. Airtime? Minimal.

Dragon Khan. It was Colossus essentially, inversion, inversion, inversion. The ride did nothing for me. And it's getting a bit jolty, especially at the bottom of the first drop. And one of the trains is KNACKERED. That one actually rides like Colossus all the way round.

Rita. Well. Nobody said it was any good from the outset so after a 2 hour queue a 20 second ride really couldn't impress me that much.

Novas

Mega Poster
I wasn't blown away by Expedition GeForce either. It was good fun, and the back in the wet did give awesome airtime, but 'the best coaster in the world?'

it didn't even make my top 5, and I'm not that well traveled as far as fanboys go.

Ben

CF Legend
I agree with EGF. I'd have to say it IS a good ride, and disagree with Ed that it doesn't die after the first hill, but the second, but, it's still a LONG way from what people say. The same goes for Bizarro at SFNE for me though. I just think that type's vastly over-rated (apart from Goliath).

The best hypers are by FAR the B&M ones. Behemoth <3

Emmett

Giga Poster
^Yes, but I'd say its probably more boring rather than disappointing. If FI had over hyped it to be thrilling or exciting then I'd have to say it was disappointing but its just a bland roller coaster.

A

Anonymous

X2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain. This is a good coaster but not worth waiting several hours for or as I did paying the extra $10 ontop of the flash pass price.

A

Anonymous

I was looking forward to Ghost Rider but man was that terrible. It was rougher than HellCat at Clementon which I rode almost everyday since I worked at Clementon this year. Also Thunderhead wasn't what I expected it to be when I rode it in 2006. Also Thunderbolt at Kennywood was a disappointment to me last year.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
^When did you ride Ghostrider? It had just gotten out of rehab when I rode it in March, and it was amazingly fun! I'm not a big fan of rough woodies, but I was more than willing and able to ride it virtually nonstop during the Solace ERT.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I have heard more than once that the ride tears itself apart every year, and that it's only good at the end of winter, through early spring, then 'goes downhill' all year long.

Sad really, as it really was quite fun IMHO.

A

Anonymous

rollermonkey said:
^When did you ride Ghostrider? It had just gotten out of rehab when I rode it in March, and it was amazingly fun! I'm not a big fan of rough woodies, but I was more than willing and able to ride it virtually nonstop during the Solace ERT.

Like Ben said in August. Man was that a bad ride. I sat in the second row & it was still brutal.

Jake

Strata Poster
Ghostrider was putrid, which is a shame because I could tell that if it was smooth it would have been amazing! It had airtime, but I was too busy praying for the pain to end... it was SO long too.

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
In terms of not being as great as I thought it would be, probably Hydra. It was forceless and had a bad rattle, I will give B&M credit for a unique layout, though.

In terms of sucking and beating me to death would be Thunderhawk.

Mountain Madman

Mega Poster
To answer the question of most disappointing, it would be Silver Bullet for sure. I was expecting much more than I got from the coaster, it could've been so much more but I was really disappointed with the lack of forces and the overall length of the layout. I just felt that with that height, it could have done much more than it did.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Th13teen for sure, i just by chance got on the front row on my first ride on it and even that didnt make it half decent

IHeartArrow

Mega Poster
Batwing. Oooh boy. I was expecting it to be kickass and awesome like Manta (but in a Vekoma way). It was horrid. The pacing sucked eggs, it dawdled around slowly, and it was the most uncomfortable train I've ever sat (laid?) in.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
I was expecting Rita to be cack, so it didn't disapoint (love it now, though, shows how much difference a seat can make).

For me it is probably PMBO, although I love the expereince of it, the ride itself is, in all honesty, a bit pants.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
roller soaker at hershey park, i had incredibly low expectations for it when i got on, and it was even worse than i thought it would be