What's new

Most Disappointing Ride

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Okay, I don't know whether to change my answer from Rita, to Pepsi Max Big One.

Yes, it's big. Yes, the first drop is awesome and so is the first hill. BUT after that, it's, like a large number of people say, a huge anti-climax. It's really not one of those rides that keep going throughout.

In my opinion, everything seems to have been done badly. The first drop seems rather strange, the turn is sort of half way down the drop, which makes it feel really rather horrid. The dips feel like they have "flat spots" where you go down, and feel a rather horrible "thud", and every corner doesn't exactly feel "rounded". Great vision, executed badly.

Also, it physically hurt me, more than any other coaster that I've ridden. I rode it twice that day, the first time being sat at the very back, on the right. No problems there to be honest, except I smacked several of my ribs on the right side of my body against the train. The second time, I was sat in the front car, expecting it to be smoother. I managed to smack the left side of my chest, hurt my lower back on the first dip, clicked my neck 8 times on the first hill, and hit my leg somehow. Yeah, I was in quite a bit of pain.

And do you know what? I think I've finally come to terms with how I feel about the ride. After I got off it, after my first ride, I didn't care about the right side of my body, or the roughness (it was to be expected, it is Arrow after all), it was that it didn't live up to my expectations at all. It's the tallest coaster that I've ever ridden, but it just didn't feel THAT tall to me. I was expecting quite a bit of air time, there was hardly any at all. Yes, definitely disappointment, but not really that much. I enjoyed the speed, the ride length, the views, the majority of the experience (on the first ride).

I don't know, I still can't make my mind up, but I think I'm still disappointed with Rita a lot more. A two hour queue for a crap ride. Pepsi Max, a ten minute queue for a (good?/average?) ride experience. I don't know, all I know is, that I really don't like Rita. At all. :x

Enicomb

Mega Poster
Having finally re-ridden The Big one, this past weekend, for the first time in 8 years, I'd have to agree with your post somewhat.

I rode it 5 times, 3 times in the morning, 1x front, 2x middle and twice later in the day, 1x front, 1x back. In the morning no matter where we sat it felt slow and very juddery, but did seem to get quicker with each go. By the afternoon it felt much faster and less juddery. I though the back was a much better ride than the front and the middle was nondescript.

I was pretty dissappointed with it overall though, I remember it being the best ride in the park when I last went on it, I didn't feel the same this time; the first hill didn't feel that high and the drop not that fast and after that, it just seemed to meander around the track not really doing anything.

I found Grand National and Avalanche to be more exciting; Infusion was kinda dull and just painful so should probably be added to this list of dissapointing rides too as although I wasn't expecting much, I was expecting it to be better than it was.

Rita I wouldn't queue for more than 20mins, it's just not worth it; but then neither is Stealth.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Joey said:
I thought Khan was boring and, well, forceless...? There was something rather nice about how big it is compared to most of my count, but after that wore off, inversion after inversion is just incredibly dull.
Whoa!? Boring. Forceless? Dragon Khan is one of those coasters that brought a drastic change 15 years back; look at the B&M coasters that followed that. Khan is in no way boring or forceless. Boring and forceless would mean something on the lines of AIR...

A

Anonymous

Sheikra probably has to be the most dissapointing ride I rode. Maybe it was riding Griffin a week before it, but Sheikra was not as tense or exciting. Overall, it was boring and pretty slow.

Flight of Fear was also a let down. It was painful, jerky, and not as fun and awesome as I heard it was. Both of the coasters I mentioned are over rated in my opinion...

Jake

Strata Poster
Alpengeist
Riddler's Revenge
El Toro
Silver Bullet (not that I expected much, but GOD)
Kumba
Expedition Everest
Volcano: The Blast Coaster
Big Bad Wolf
Speed (oakwood)
Speed (vegas)
Fahrenheit

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Kebab said:
Joey said:
I thought Khan was boring and, well, forceless...? There was something rather nice about how big it is compared to most of my count, but after that wore off, inversion after inversion is just incredibly dull.
Whoa!? Boring. Forceless? Dragon Khan is one of those coasters that brought a drastic change 15 years back; look at the B&M coasters that followed that. Khan is in no way boring or forceless. Boring and forceless would mean something on the lines of AIR...

You clearly havn't beenon Air recently then?

After riding PMBO again, I can still not decid between it and Rita. I rode it at the back this time and the drop was better, but still not THAT good. People say it is an anti-climax, but it doesn't even start good. It is a special experience, but it is just executed so badly. Atleast it looks impressively impresive.

Rita is just dire. Unless you sit front row, the launch is slow. There is little airtime on the hills and the turns inbetween are extremely forceless and slow, they take an age for the train to get round. It doesn't even look that good.

Ben

CF Legend
Really? Telling someone they can't have ridden Air recently because they don't agree with you is thinking everyone's opinions are valid?

Blaze

Hyper Poster
You obviously don't get what I'm talking about. I was asking, not telling, and I did so because this year Air has been exceptionaly good, and not just compared to it's old, rather slow ride.

A

Anonymous

I don't like B&M flyers...period.

Vekoma and Zamperla flyers are more worth it.

Jake

Strata Poster
^ Zamperla as in Volares? Really?

I never used to like B&M Flyers (air and S:UF), then rode Tatsu which changed my opinion. It's brilliant.

A

Anonymous

Most Dissapointing rides

Hmm maybe my most dissapointing (and painful) was Submission at Alton Towers! the restraints made my eys go pop let alone a certain area guys find sensitive :p

Plus the ride was the most slow and placid I have ever been on :( shame really becase it looked so good

Emmett

Giga Poster
I don't like B&M flyers...period.

Vekoma and Zamperla flyers are more worth it.

Even though I'm not a fan of Air I still prefer riding it rather than having to experience one of those Zamperla Volares. Nothing can be worse than one of those, horrible restraints and awful ride.