What's new

Most Disappointing Ride

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
KDGrizzly4Life said:
I'll see how the redo turns out when i go in for training on the 26th. I might even snap a pic or two for you guys ;)
Please do! We all would like to see the changes they made.

s15c

Mega Poster
I must go with Magnum XL-200. Everyone said "Oh! It's the best! Rated as the seventh best coaster in the world! [Insert more raving here]"

I got off with a bruise where my lap bar had been and feeling like I wouldn't ever want to go on a ride with airtime again. It was awful.

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
@s15c: Well, it's really the last of its kind. I heard somewhere that it was the last to be hand fabricated (the track) or something. It's drop looks over the beautiful lake and that's not even counting the actual ride itself.

Snoo

The Legend
KDGrizzly4Life said:
So I suppose you simply do not like Hypers ot begin with? That makes me feel a little better. You don't hate just those two, you hate 'em all :p

As for I305, I like the fast, low to the ground experience. The High Speed turns are freakin' awesome too. I'll see how the redo turns out when i go in for training on the 26th. I might even snap a pic or two for you guys ;)

Well if we are talking a simple 'general' hyper.. then no.. as I have several in my top 30. In terms of B&M.. then yes.. as floater isn't my cup of tea. I enjoy myself some nice strong ejector.. really gets my juices flowing. :D

305 past the drop is actually pretty good.. reminds me of Maverick in many ways.. and I have nothing against that.. besides the two horrid airtime hills. Of course, when you take the drop out of a Giga.. it really just nulls the whole experience for me. That isn't to say I hate the ride.. as it is 31 of 260.. just that if it had that drop and airtime that was raved about before the trims.. it would probably be #3.. right in front of Maverick. It has so much potential.. I envy the folks who got on it before the trims.

btw.. just a quick note.. stick around buddy! I enjoy discussing things with you.. seem like a good guy who knows what hes talking about. ;)

Rush

Giga Poster
I have one more to add from last time I posted in this thread, that being Revenge of the Mummy, Universal Studios Hollywood.

I rode this a year after I rode Mummy in Florida (which I LOVED) and was expecting it to be up to a similar standard. It was not. Slower, less impressive and just "okay". I'm sure if I'd ridden it first, I wouldn't have thought less of it but I didn't, so yeah that probably clouded my judgement.

It's not a bad ride, just when compared to Florida's Mummy it's CRAP.

Oh and just to re-iterate, Nemesis was a massive disappointment. :wink:

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
Well... *closes and locks door* I heard from someone that KD is taking the trims off when the new turn is finished. It's getting extended back and will have a larger radius when it is complete. It was also clocking it at 100 mph before the trims were put on, and the soft tires were having to be replaced daily. They also put in water sprayers to keep the wheels cool as another precaution to keep the ride running smoothly. Finally, they put trims on after all this failed, and replaced the trains with "hard" wheels, which will make the ride more rough as time goes on. Betcha didn't know that? ;)

Snoo

The Legend
Knew everything but the soft/hard wheels.. ;)

Of course.. that is all hearsay.. but most of us knew about the widening/hopefully removing the trims.

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
It's past news. And like he said, he already knew that stuff. If I told you about some other stuff I could get fired, but I'm not that stupid.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
OK, I'm not a physicist, but as near as I can figure, an object falling 300 feet in a vacuum will reach 94.77 miles/hour.

I'm pretty sure your 100mph number is garbage.

Can anybody check my math?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I make it 42.36m/s, so 95.3mph.

The 100mph figure seems a little off...

Snoo

The Legend
I heard most of it on KDFansite.. which you know.. is the most accurate source of them all.

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
I'm good friends with 3/4 of the Supers there. They may have been exaggerating a bit, but as far as math goes, I'm betting you didn't factor in the increased weight of the train or the fact that the train has some velocity when it goes over the hill.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Well the increased weight of the train won't make any difference. We're talking about things in a vacuum, so it's constant acceleration regardless of mass. ;)

As for the lift speed? Well I'm pretty sure that including air resistance would cancel that out...

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
Possibly. Again, it may have been an exageration but the fact is we had to change things to make it safe and trims became the easiest fix for the rest of the season. You can compare it to Mavericks loss of a Zero G Roll if you will. It's unfortunate, as the enthusiasts gripe about it all the damn time :p But something had to be done to keep it safely operating.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Hixee said:
^Well the increased weight of the train won't make any difference. We're talking about things in a vacuum, so it's constant acceleration regardless of mass. ;)
Damn you I was just about to post this to prove how smart I am! I'll just go and sit in my corner and maintain to perception that I'm stupid =]

XD

Also, who is this KDGrizzly4Life guy, seems kind of angry? Especially at Schwarzkopf for some reason...

Ben

CF Legend
^Nice to see you're all lovely and welcoming to new members like!

In his defense, that lift is VERY fast, it's not outside the realms of possibility at all. Air resistance isn't THAT big a factor as some people seem to say it is.

KDGrizzly4Life

Mega Poster
Seems like you have no fear calling people stupid and insulting them on the internet. Congratulations jerk, I'm done with this website.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
I was going to say "No, dont go!" but then I thought if he cant handle UC calling him out once, he shouldn't be here.