What's new

Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Disney

Re: Magic Kingdom | 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Coaster | Vekoma/Dis

Doesn't seem to swing much. I know it's a family coaster, but hopefully it swings more in other places and when loaded!

Where the video shows, it won't sway much anyway, it's both on straights. It's a family coaster, it won't swing side to side vigorously...

Looks like an okay ride but even for a family coaster it's quite slow so I think it will be more of a kiddie coaster.

insanecoastervids said:
Looks like an okay ride but even for a family coaster it's quite slow so I think it will be more of a kiddie coaster.

The thing you gotta remember is it's not just a coaster but also a dark ride. It can't go too fast. Also, it will get somewhat faster as it runs more.

I'm sure the swinging will also be affected by having fat Americans sat inside the cars as well...

Some people on this website are so **** pessimistic, it's unreal.

Tbh I thought the tilt thing was going to be be the in side section.

It's a coaster in the area that's for kids what did people expect?

Nemesis Inferno said:
I'm sure the swinging will also be affected by having fat Americans sat inside the cars as well...

For the record, obesity is recognized as a world wide epidemic and is not isolated to Americans. The only habitable continent that does not have this problem is Africa.

In fact, you are probably not one to talk. "In the UK the rate of obesity has increased about fourfold over the last 30 years, reaching levels of 22-24% in 2008/9.[7][27] The United Kingdom now has one of the highest rates of obesity in Europe."

I agree with what Marc said, I remember the concept being swinging cars during the dark ride portion, and locked during the coaster portion.

^^Ugh, it was just a light hearted joke.

But yeah. Just over 7 months and I'll be on it :D I do like a good family ride, should be fun!

Lighthearted is when you say it once in a while, with fun. I've heard 'fat Americans' joke since I started on here from mostly big ol **** who think the joke is actually funny.. when the 'light hearted joke' wore out about 10 years ago.

A new video has been released today showing close up shots of the trains and such.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFGk5-WYN60[/youtube]

The detail on the trains is fantastic. Really looking forward to this ride, I think it'll be a great little family cred.

Disney just always have to go one step further don't they XD

wow. I never realised how much detail went in to it 'different woods and metals'. Amazing. Can't wait to ride this in the summer, I genuinely can't.

That's awesome, Disney really go the extra mile. Looking forward to riding it later in the year.

I think it's what makes them stand out, but do kids and the public really notice the details

I think the not noticing the details is how it becomes immersive. There's so much theme, it pretty much / almost becomes the real thing.