What's new

Last Cred Review

Howie

Red Force.
Or to give it its full (and rather sh*t) title Red Force: Challenge the Wind. Or to give it its CoasterForce title The Big Red Penis.
Not gonna lie, I think it's ace. Loved it. While some of the criticisms levelled at it are perfectly valid - it's a one trick pony, it's ten years out of date, it's not very original, it shakes a bit at the back etc... all of which are true, but it's still a massively tall, stupidly fast blast of pure adrenalin. I (and I think most of the group) had a great time whorring it over the weekend.
I think it helps that my first go (and indeed, first ride of the trip) was a front row night ride with zero wait.
I liked the rolling LSM launch. Not quite as explosive as the hydraulic launch on its American cousins, but I love how the speed just keeps building, and building, and building. Means the sensation of being launched lasts longer! Wouldn't like to say which of the launch types I prefer, they both have their merits. To be honest I just feel very lucky to have experienced both types, to be able to compare them.
I think I prefer RF's straight drop rather than the spiralling drop too - feels more like a drop, gives better airtime on the descent. S'good. Overall I still think Dragster remains king of these super-tall launchers, but Red Force is still one hell of a ride and I'm very happy to have one on this side of the Atlantic.

Shambhala.
Awesome. Just Awesome. Magnificent. Majestic. Massive. Beautiful. Faultless. Truly, truly a world class ride. Riding this thing over and over again at sunset/night with a bunch of excited CFers ranks as one of best park experiences of my goonhood, up there with that Vengeance marathon with Morton and Delly P, up there with that Taron ERT on the 2017 GF, up there with that night-time Helix marathon in 2016.
The height, the speed, the ampersand, the splash down effect, the stadium seating, the speed hump, the way it intertwines and dances with Dragon Khan, the airtime - oh my god, the airtime - buckets and buckets of glorious, endless, plunging floaty airtime. Ride after ride, in any seat, Shambhala delivered the goods in spades. Easily one of B&M's finest creations.
I can't go quite as far as declaring it my outright number 1 coaster, but I'm happy to describe it as 'number 1 material', meaning I wouldn't argue a jot with anyone who did. I'd say 'Excellent choice, mate. Cracking ride.
Have you ridden Steel Vengeance?'
😉

.Ac.

Like @Howie it was my first time on shambhala.

Here's my in depth review of highly ranked b&m monster hyper.

It was alright, the end 😂

Joking aside it blew me away and have absolutely no regrets choicing a couple of nights ride at end of sunday over doing the one last remaining cred I needed and still do ( one side of stampedia ).

Matt N

I went to Hyde Park Winter Wonderland today, and I managed to ride 5 new coasters there, including a much anticipated one of mine:

Olympia Looping was a ride that I was really looking forward to riding, and I had heard a lot of very superlative-filled reviews that gave me pretty high expectations. However, even though it was a good ride, and a brilliant piece of engineering for a travelling coaster, I must admit that I was somewhat underwhelmed. Even though the layout was good, I think I found the loops a touch too intense for my personal liking. I didn't grey out, but I felt a very weird and unpleasant sensation when the train was going through them that made me feel a bit nauseous. Also, I wasn't a fan of the shoulder harnesses; they tightened significantly during the ride and really made my shoulders ache. Despite its flaws, I think that Olympia Looping is a good ride, although I wouldn't rate it anywhere near as highly as many do.
6/10 (3 stars)

Ice Mountain
was your standard Reverchon spinning mouse, really, although it had some very good theming and lighting for a travelling ride! I should also mention that it was probably the spinniest one I've done; I could barely walk in a straight line getting off! However, it was probably one of the rougher Reverchon mice I've done, and I'm not a fan of the ride type anyway.
2/10 (1 star)

Spinning Coaster
was another Reverchon spinning coaster, although I'd say it was marginally smoother than Ice Mountain.
2/10 (1 star)

Wilde Maus XXL
was certainly more fast-paced than your average wild mouse, however it was also quite a bit rougher as a result of this. As a result, I personally found the experience very painful, as I'm not a huge fan of really strong lateral g-forces and I'm not generally a fan of wild mouse coasters anyway. As a result, I unfortunately wasn't a fan at all. The big drops were fun, though, and the queue was certainly unique and spiced things up!
2/10 (1 star)

Euro Coaster
was a ride where I wasn't sure what to expect. And it was certainly... different. Despite having a similar layout to a wild mouse in places, I'd actually say that it was quite a bit smoother due to the banking, and for this reason I enjoyed it more than a typical wild mouse. I must admit it felt like it was going to stall in places, and I wouldn't say it was brilliant by any means, but I don't think that Euro Coaster was a bad little ride for what it was!
4/10 (2 stars)

Chris Coasters

I have been back a couple days from my trip to California and it was probably my favorite trips I have been on. I went to Pacific Park, Disneyland, DCA, Universal, Knott's, Magic Mountain, Castle Park, Adventure City, and Fiesta Village. I got to see some non coaster related things I have wanted to see for awhile like some movie locations, celebrity graves, and other LA sites. As far as coasters go I only missed out on a couple. Escape from Krypton was down for both days that I was at Magic Mountain, didn't try for Magic Flyer and when I went to Castle Park one of the coasters (Merlin's Revenge) was down for the day. Other than those I managed to ride everything I had hoped for.

My last new cred of the trip was Full Throttle !

My first day at Six Flags I managed to ride everything other than Magic Flyer which I can't get on, Escape from Krypton and Full Throttle which were down all day. I originally had planned doing two days at Six Flags because of the amount of coasters and thinking that some coasters may not be running on the first day but since I did so well on day 1 I managed to sneak in some bonus creds and hang out with my friend Sam and then head over to Six Flags at night to try and get on Superman and Full Throttle.

After visiting Tios Tacos and picking up a couple bonus creds around Riverside. I hit the road for Six Flags. I got to the park around 6:30-7 and went straight to Full Throttle since its one of the first rides you see when you get in the park. It was open! But unfortunately it was a 2 hour wait and they were only running one train. I was a little taken back by the wait time but other than Superman it was all i was there to ride that night so I knew I was going to do it. I watched the Escape from Krypton towers for a little bit and there were no trains going. I continued to watch it from the queue and luckily it wasn't open because I wouldn't of had enough time to ride it anyway with the massive queue for Full Throttle. The line ended up being around a hour and half and for a first time ride it was totally worth the wait. Full Throttle was one of those coasters that was being constructed when I was big into CF in the past so I was excited to ride it. However I am off my game and other then the loop and the first launch I pretty much forgot what the ride had in store so the backwards launch took me by surprise. Restraints on coasters are typically a big complaint for me that make or break rides and these restraints were great. Some of my favorite steel coasters are those that are smooth, have launches, and have some smooth fun inversions and Full Throttle delivered on all those fronts. Launches were great, super smooth and great inversions. That loop makes you feel like your upside down forever and was amazing. I rode back row and got thrown over the loop on the way back into the station. Full Throttle is just a total "me" type of steel coaster. Everything I look for in a ride. 10/10 wish I could of rode it a couple more times.

thepoweroften

Gained 4 creds at Winter Wonderland today! First time I’ve been able to post on this thread since joining. In order of riding:

Euro Coaster or whatever it’s called at the moment
It was pretty sub-par really - didn’t do much, wasn’t smooth or even nice to look at - but we rode it first because we were with a friend who was scared of coasters and it looked like a mild one to start with. Definitely the worst ride of the day but since we weren’t expecting anything out of it it was a good laugh anyway.

Ice Mountain
It’s a Reverchon spinner like the one on Brighton Pier right? Or something similar? Didn’t spin as much as that one but it was still fun (and not quite as rough). It is what it is. I liked being in the dark and the pretty lights and the moment outside, that was a nice touch. I am easily pleased. Oh, and there was a weird funhouse/obstacle course situation preceding boarding the ride. Felt bizarre but I guess it spiced up the queue-line experience.

Wilde Maus XXL
I found this weirdly scary actually. Not sure why, I think I’m just not at ease with the heights/sharp turns combo. Also the animatronics outside were creepy. It was a good laugh and the...two? three? drops were surprisingly intense, especially that first one. Like Ice Mountain, it is what it is - obviously not the most impressive ride ever built but I was with friends and we got a kick out of it anyway.
Oh, and this had an obstacle course queueline too. And the lift hill was weirdly fast. Neat!

Munich Looping / Olympia Looping
WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
I’d heard very good things about this ride and was really excited to get on it. It was even better than I expected - intense, smooth, fast, without a dull moment. We had a sunset ride so it was stunning as well, a really cool picturesque end to the day. My first Schwarzkopf and honestly the best coaster I’ve been on in a while. Would have been running for a reride if we hadn’t already paid £9 for the privilege of riding once ;(