What's new

Last Cred Review

Snoo

The Legend
Since we have a bunch of those threads reviewing movies or songs or whatever, I figured we could do the same for the last or one of the more recent creds you've been on. Always nice, especially considering many of us may not ride a ton of new creds at a time.

Mystic Timbers
After two years, I finally got on Timbers at Kings Island. Don't know what took me so long but you know. @Hyde and I rode it first in the front then the back and man, that thing threw you around. Definitely a fun and unique GCI in comparison to others. Airtime is great and the night ride is something to behold. I just need to ride it during the day to get a full feel. Also, the shed is stupid, but it's really nothing but a block brake so I'm not to fussed. Better then just sitting there.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Great idea @Snoo

Insane
I was kinda intrigued by this coaster and didn't really know how it would ride. The seats are alongside the track, making the vertical lift pretty nerve-wracking.
I rode backwards, so couldn't see when the first 'drop' was which added to the suspense. But then it turned out to be a horrible ride experience, with the restraints painfully digging in as the car navigated the intense forwards and backwards half-loops. The ending was the only part where we flipped completely, and was an uncomfortable finale where we hit the brakes upside down. Maybe riding facing backwards contributed to it being more uncomfortable? Regardless, wold not ride again.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Nice topic idea!

Twisted Cyclone

This is a tiny Steel Vengeance, with insane airtime on those hills. Its biggest issue is the length, but it also doesn’t waste a moment. The double inversion turnaround works way better than it should, with great hangtime in the middle of the train. The wave turn is of course fantastic, superior to Outlaw’s but not quite LRod. Lastly, I love the theming choice actually, it goes for a more fun tone than the comparable Wicked Cyclone. The trains are also good fun in and of themselves

Snoo

The Legend
Great idea @Snoo

Insane
I was kinda intrigued by this coaster and didn't really know how it would ride. The seats are alongside the track, making the vertical lift pretty nerve-wracking.
I rode backwards, so couldn't see when the first 'drop' was which added to the suspense. But then it turned out to be a horrible ride experience, with the restraints painfully digging in as the car navigated the intense forwards and backwards half-loops. The ending was the only part where we flipped completely, and was an uncomfortable finale where we hit the brakes upside down. Maybe riding facing backwards contributed to it being more uncomfortable? Regardless, wold not ride again.

This was one of the most intense rides I've ever been on, purely for the ending. Loved it though, quite the entertaining ride.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Mako

I mean it was good? I've been told it's one of the best hypers out there, but I wasn't completely blown away. Maybe it was because it was right after a storm, maybe it was because Raging Bull put hypers in a bad light for me, or maybe it was because I just got one ride on it. Either way, it's sitting right at the bottom of my Top 20.

Goliath GAm

Hot damn I love this ride. So fast, unrelenting, and intense the whole way through. Especially in the golden seat(Red train, row 11). I last rode it in the best weather, too. Sunny skies, 70 degrees, slight breeze... Gah I just love it so much <3.

Last edited:

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
Draken
A kind of newer dive coaster(Opened in May 1,2018) in one obscure park (Gyeoungju World) in South Korea.
It is Griffon clone with classic OTSR Different from Valravn.
-wait time is REALLY SHORT(Max 15min) It -Heavily themed. Several dragon mockups, and big rockworks.
-Choosing the row is sometimes unavailable. That is quite bad.
-Starting with immersive, noisy themed music, that introduces story of Draken.Rattling, noisy lifthill, but seat is comfy because it's B&M
-When it comes to drop, holding brake gives riders beautiful view of Bomun lake, but also sensation of hanging in 206.7ft. Then, Drop gives really high feeling of 'dropping' and immelman gives feetchopper on edge seat. Rattling uphill, and 42m MCBR.
-Drop again, and repetitive immelman, and splash effect makes row 3 rider wet, and can be seen in 5km.
-I graded Draken=Griffon>Shiekra>Valravn.
Old-school OTSR enhances feeling of drop, and feels more freedom than vest.

Attachments

• 20180719_001403.jpg
    20180719_001403.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 17

Luca B

Mega Poster
Afterburn

This coaster is a pretty good invert, the drop is fine, but not on the level of OzIris’. The vertical loop is quite intense, but nothing special. The Immelmann is pretty intense and the transition out of it is really whippy. The zero g roll is insanely whippy, and the batwing is so intense, you just get thrown upside down and dive underground, definitely one of my favourite elements on any invert. Then the ride goes into a wierd airtime hill, which doesn’t give any airtime and it just feels awkward. The Corkscrew following it was really strong, probably my favourite corkscrew. Then the helix into the brake run is pretty boring. Overall this ride is really fun and smooth, it has a few intense elements and it is really smooth, but the coaster is not mind blowing, and definitely not on the level of Nemesis, and is slightly overrated.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Familien Achterbahn - Tolk Schau
Resting in the woods of northern Germany, the vibrant orange and yellow seeks to inform you that this is not just a kiddie cred, it's an aesthetic kiddie cred. Another of the sculpted-dragon zero car variety, I'm basically writing all of this about how it looks because I remember **** all about the ride itself because it's a kiddie cred.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Such a good thread idea, I hate bumping old construction threads with reviews.

My last cred was this - https://rcdb.com/2993.htm
Cred itself was nothing special, it had an excellent view and a bit of punch round 3 of the corners, we rode in the front and got 2 laps. Didn't require a re-ride. The park had a couple of other OK attractions including a dinghy slide, crooked house, animatronic walk-through and a new ish Under the Sea thing with a MASSIVE payoff. Not hurrying back though.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Ricochet- It was ok for a wild mouse, better than Apple Zapple (but maybe that was because there were only 2 people on AZ: me and my sister) but nowhere near as good as Mad Mouse at MIA :emoji_heart::emoji_heart::emoji_heart:. Overall a fun little ride!

rob666

Hyper Poster
My last new cred was Icon...as good as I expected it to be.
At last the Beach has a coaster smooth enough to see me comfortably into my retirement, I was getting worried my aching bones and joints would force me into giving up my hobby in a decade or so...with this I should be able to last well into my eighties...though with my past habits I doubt I will last that long.
Nice to be able to touch the track going through the first inversion from the back left seat as well.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
My last new cred was Cruiser Coaster at Craig's Cruisers...a SBF Visa spinner:

Cruiser Coaster - I actually mentioned the possibility of stopping by in the car on the way over to Grand Rapids thinking it'd take some convincing, but I should have known that my fellow goon sluts would be DTF without hesitation. We were fairly unbalanced on this Visa spinner so we got some surprisingly good spinning. I've said this before a few times already, but at least these barely-coasters are moderately interesting. +1 in addition to a lap on each of their go-kart tracks.

And the last coaster I rode was Shivering Timbers:

Shivering Timbers - This is the whole reason to come to Michigan's Adventure...the only reason. I was actually a bit nervous to ride as I was fully expecting a disappointing ride after riding 200+ new coasters since my last lap. Surprisingly, our ride was my best I've ever had on it. There was one small pothole in the first valley, but the rest of the ride was smoother than I remember. The first drop has become quite lame over the past 20 years - it's just a straight 60 degree drop...a standard profile around the time it was built. We're just spoiled with the more modern, parabolic, here's a metric :emoji_poop: ton of airtime drops. The entire run out has shades of Voyage as the hills provide some solid flojector airtime. The return run provided more airtime than I remember, but don't expect shades of Boulder Dash. They recently replaced the trick track with a small bunny hop which bolstered the amount of airtime on the ride. Now if only the park will do something about the odd downward sloped straight portions of track that are present on two of the drops (watch a POV and you'll understand). Finally, the helix. The ride seemed slower paced as it entered the helix despite running at a decent clip through the return run. I remember the helix finale being almost violent due to its speed and roughness, but that is not the case anymore. It was a fairly gentle mixing bowl before hitting the brakes. It's not The Voyage, nor is it Boulder Dash...but it's good.