What's new

Krake - B&M dive machine for Heide Park

If Krape's twists the wrong way, so does Saw's because... they twist the same direction in relation to the following track etc. IE., they both end up on the left of the track that enters the Immelman... I'd love if it had something to do with this originally supposedly being a ****ty Eurofighter.

That and Rage doesn't have an Immelman LOOP, it has an Immelman TURN, which is utterly different (as you can tell).

Ben that is what I am thinking, this is still the design of the Eurofighter and B&M have agreed to make it near enough the same, hence why the trains are only 4 wide and not the normal larger DM ones. Are the layouts designed by the same company?

^Krake's trains are 6 wide Marc...

And I'm in the same train of thought as Dave... Different sized trains of a Floorless style would require some changes in the 'typical' design perhapps?

Are they lol oh well I did not read that part, stupid me. I thought they were using the standard floorless trains. How did I miss that.

6 across would be good as that would create the same effect as the other floorless DM as the end seats would hang over the edge.

I think what UC is talking about is how there is a lack of a turn coming out of the Immelman, it enters flat and exits flat parallel to the entrance. A regular Immelman enters flat and exits away from the entrance either flat or on a banked turn.

^

Also, if the ride ends up having a splashdown, keeping the track out the way of that water might also be a nice idea if they don't plan to repaint the thing every two seasons

From their facebook page.

167978_500422981628_120907856628_6018585_731202_n.jpg

I just think if there was going to be a SUBSTANTIAL amount of themeing there that they'd have started on it, there's NO sort of footers or anything in the concrete that they just poured... IF there was going to be anything big enough to cover the track, it'd need some sort of footers surely, and we'd see something going on in that concrete.

I am with UC on this one, I think it will be an effect rather than a splash.

If it is being used to slow the train down it will not get round that turn, using oblivion as an example, if that was trimmed in anyway it could roll back. These trains are different though and might be lighter, but I just think any speed lost could cause a problem as unlike a trim water can not take train weight number of riders into the equation.

^ That's a good point, when I first saw the layout I thought they'd have to be something braking it before the immelman due to the height difference between that and the first drop, but Oblivions turn is tiny compared to the drop, but doesn't actually hit the turn with that much speed.

So yeah, I don't think there is going to be a water splash, but just a tunnel and hopefully as suggested, a water effect...

^ Its not the turn that kills Oblivion's speed though, its the huge climb out of the tunnel which you can't see that kills all the speed. If that climb was out in the open it would probably rise to a considerable height.

As for Krake I don't think it will be a physical splash either as it just makes no sense.

Yeah, you can tell from other construction photos it has one. This photo was taken from the catwalk that extends below the holding break..

168936_497483931628_120907856628_5978479_7363291_n.jpg

EDIT: Actually, I can't see a holding break on the image, I am sure it will have one though?! I mean, that's what the first drop on a "Vertical Drop Coaster" is for, to draw the suspense and tease you before letting you go. Surely?!

I can't imagine B&M wouldn't include such an effective gimmick, to be honest.

It'll be pants if they don't include the holding brake.