What's new

Krake - B&M dive machine for Heide Park

Nothing new on the coaster but I found a mounth old interview with Nick Varney (CEO of Merlin) at the heide-park.de website:

Heide-Park World said:
02. February 2011 - The giant octopus monster drives for quite some time on the loose in the Heide-Park Resort. Inexorably, the size of the beast gandenlosen to more threatening proportions. As it was, Merlin Entertainments Group CEO Nick Varney not take personally stop by at the site of Germany's first dive coaster to look after things.

Finally makes the world's second largest operator of leisure attractions, with 12 million € its largest investment in 2011 in Heide-Park and thus the location of Germany, with 14 attractions and a company based in Hamburg successfully to the UK's second largest market for Group is expanding. Varney admits he had decided to put this much money in northern Germany, the biggest family and leisure park, because a lot of undiscovered potential slumbering here. "We have a great vision for the Heide-Park. He will rise over the next few years one of the top theme parks in Europe. "says the 48-year-old Briton his decision as he runs around like tentacles in the amount outstanding roller coaster supports. This year's investment was an essential part of the said vision and with "krake" he had finally been done once in one of its other attractions, good experience, he adds, grinning.

Interview with Nick Varney

KRAKE is the largest investment in the Heide-Park by the Merlin Entertainments Group. Why have you chosen a major investment of 12 million €?

Nick Varney, "We have decided to invest a large sum of the Heide-Park, as we are of the opinion that the park holds undiscovered potential. We have a great vision for the Heide-Park, which will rise over the next few years one of the top theme parks in Europe. Furthermore, is the investment efforts of the Merlin Group at theme parks after a 3-year cycle. In two of those three years an average investment before the third year as a major investment KRAKE is made. This investment is an essential part of our vision for the Heide-Park. "

In view of the financial crisis, it seems that many companies hold back large investments. Have you made before the investment thoughts on this?

Nick Varney to reconsider "We each of our investments carefully legal. Therefore, all investments are approved by several steps by the board. We were naturally concerned about the economy and have for example decided, in 2010, only three instead of five new Midway attractions, which include Madame Tussauds SEA LIFE or open part of. For these reasons, we have as the building of the KRAKE postponed for one year. However, we have in the past year, far more than 100 million € invested in our attractions and carried out further acquisitions. "

The Merlin Entertainments Group is expanding worldwide, especially in Asia, Australia and North America. How Germany fit into this growth strategy?

Nick Varney: "Germany is the second largest market for the Merlin Entertainments Group behind Great Britain. We operate 14 attractions and have another office in Hamburg. In Germany, we invest in our existing attractions and are constantly looking for other locations. In the near future we would like to open a second dungeon in Germany. In addition, we pursue our vision through further investment that the Heide-Park is to be one of the top theme parks in Europe. "

Holiday Camp 2005 and 2007, the Hotel Port Royal was opened. As these investments were achieved, although not directly invested in the park?

Nick Varney: "Through investments such as the expansion of overnight accommodations, we are pursuing a strategy of our theme parks, just as the Heide-Park, into resort destinations for short breaks. Our guests have the opportunity to travel from further away to spend the night in our themed accommodation and several days to escape everyday life and to experience the great adventure. "

It's interesting to read that Merlins vision for Heide-Park is to transform it into one of Europes leading theme parks. The fact that Nick states that Heide-Park, as well as the other Merlin owned parks, will receive a new major investment every third year also cought my interest!

Thatt hoody <3

I'd buy it.

Glad to see they've started with the bottom theming of the drop too.

Ha, that hoody is so rediculous its awesome.

Interesting interview there, I just can't see Heide-Park being one of the largest parks in Europe however. Even though I have done it myself I don't think Heide-Park will attract interest throughout Europe.

Also, the layout still sucks.

Ben said:
I. Need. That. Hoody.

Clearly we were wrong to thing you're a Guinea Pig! ;)

The coaster doesn't look bad at all - water splash controversy aside - also interesting to see that Merlin are pushing Heide forward. Would be nice to see it develop into something more than a credit and some awesome slides! :p

Another update from their facebook

190150_10150105297216629_120907856628_6208617_2661706_n.jpg

Google translated the caption but it's abit off I think I'm not entirely sure what it's supposed to say.

A first look at the ship wreck of the lagoon, which have recently started construction work on. In just a few weeks you will at 100 km / h in the octopus foot shot into the dive coaster and a water fountain again promoted in the sky

I was going to say sometime ago that it looked like they were going to fill the area with water, I thought this due to the way the supports were raised. At the time though it was mud so was not 100% sure but now that must be the case.

It sounds like they will "Project" water into the sky. The way it's been translated to me is that they will have a faux splashdown from now on. Maybe anyway?

If so, cue "I told you I was right" posts by Uc..

189441_10150108975921629_120907856628_6243727_8184376_n.jpg

Taken from their Facebook Page. Is that a splash fin thing on the back of the car (more visible on the right?)

^Yeah. Cause it has a splashdown. Cause UC was wrong. Agaiiinnnn. He must be bored of it by now surely...

Good find.

No holding brake yet before the drop, due to the trim it does seem to lose a lot of pace before the turn but it is hard to tell as its half in half out of shot. It is only testing though.

Seems like it will take the airtime hill with a good amount of speed though.

So its not going to be anywhere near that speed once it opens as its currently testing without the holding brake and without the splash.

Still looking forward to seeing the themeing now.

So its not going to be anywhere near that speed once it opens as its currently testing without the holding brake and without the splash.

There's trim brakes along the splash track, which I'm guessing will be turned off once the water is filled. So it's possible it's running at the correct speed (or atleast close).

evidencee.jpg