What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

Re: Kings Island | "Unknown" | "Unknown"

furie said:
rollermonkey said:
The problem is access. The new ride blocks the access to the rest of SoB's footprint.
Could that be blocking access in the same way that all of Blackpool's rides block access to other areas, or Colossus at Thorpe blocks access to Saw or Alpengeist blocks access in Busch? :)
Ever since they built Gatekeeper nobody has been able to get into Cedar Point.

Okay, just seriously for a moment (before a respected member gets crushed under a deluge of sarcasm) - can we assume that Chris (rollermonkey) was either having an off day, or wasn't putting his point across as well he had hoped?

I vote for that second part. Having been there and knowing the terrain, I can see what he means. The area isn't exactly in a great position for expansion giving the terrain/access the the area already (ask anyone who has to walk to get in line to Flight Deck).

Plus, trying to make a complete circuit would be a HUGE investment, not even including the rides. This is Cedar Fair after all.

Thank you.

The point I really wanted to make is that until they make an announcement, the idea of CF expanding KI beyond its current size is laughable at best. You can hope and wish for it as much as you want, but it ain't happening. The coaster station is right up in the park, even more so than SoB's station was. If they were going to open up a new area for expansion, the multimillion-dollar rollercoaster they are building right now would be the anchor for it, like I-305 was, instead of an obstacle.

Is that clearer? I try to say stuff in a way that I don't sound like a mean @$$hole, but then someone's got to go and interpret it the wrong way. :roll

^ Absolutely.

The capital investment to lay down new pathways/infrastructure is too damn high. Kings Island sits on very hilly, very wooded terrain, meaning it costs a lot to clear a little space.

Take a look at the last four major ride additions: Firehawk, Diamondback, Windseeker, and now Banshee. All of them purposely sit flush with current pathways, requiring minimal costs for land clearing and prep.

Kings Island will maximize current pathway utility before adding new paths. And there is a lot of utility left.

Hyde244 said:
^ Absolutely.

The capital investment to lay down new pathways/infrastructure is too damn high. Kings Island sits on very hilly, very wooded terrain, meaning it costs a lot to clear a little space.

Take a look at the last four major ride additions: Firehawk, Diamondback, Windseeker, and now Banshee. All of them purposely sit flush with current pathways, requiring minimal costs for land clearing and prep.

Kings Island will maximize current pathway utility before adding new paths. And there is a lot of utility left.

damn.jpg

So apparently the ride will be the world's tallest wing rider, and called The Bat.

199 feet tall, 70 mph and 3800 feet of track. Capacity will be 1700 pph.

Please.

For the love of all that is holy.

Let this not be real.

I am skeptical on this url leak. So far the teasers have been a comb, celtic gravestones, missing camper reports, and "shrieking." All of these hints link to Banshee, but cannot be drawn to a Bat name. I call farse, and think Kings Island is pulling legs.

Bat name can EASILY be drawn to all that.. halloween and such are synonymous with Bats.

From hearing how bad they supposedly botched GateKeeper, let's hope to God that this isn't true.

I'm gonna take it with a freaking BOULDER of salt, though.

BBH said:
From hearing how bad they supposedly botched GateKeeper, let's hope to God that this isn't true.
Don't believe everything you read. Gatekeeper is very good.

Re: RE: Kings Island | "Unknown" | "Unknown"

If seats rotate, then brilliant move, if not, not the best.

Very possible this is a farce. Especially when you consider rumors from previous attractions when it changed a few days before announced.

Snoo said:
Bat name can EASILY be drawn to all that.. halloween and such are synonymous with Bats.
Well, not really.

A Banshee is an irish mythological creature, a woman who shrieks when someone is about to die. Comb, celtic, usage of the verb shrieking.

I cannot see how Bat can be linked to the combs with bits of hair that were sent to the local press, or the new celtic-named tombstones that have appeared.

For the record though, this Bat logo is very cool.

Hyde244 said:
I call farse, and think Kings Island is pulling legs.

How many times have a leak like this, a few days before the announcement, been wrong?