What's new

Kings Island | Banshee | B&M Invert

Re: Kings Island | "Unknown" | "Unknown"

Am I the only one who thinks this won't be as tall as everybody thinks?

Not after seeing the layout anyway. I think the record will be something different, but I would LOVE to be wrong on this one.

Hyde244 said:
^ At this point height is unknown, though it is not difficult to fit a 200 ft. layout in the Son of Beast space as Son of Beast too was 200 ft. tall.

rtotheizzo17 said:
I don't care what he saw. I am looking at the layout, and the notes that other users have posted.

#1 Dive Loop
#2 Loop
#3 Zero-G
#4/5 Pretzel/Batwing/Whatever
#6 Loop
#7 Immlemen
Maybe #8 Helix/Corkscrew

And even of there is 9, I was hoping for 10. 9<10.
A quick look at the stats has 7 inversions as the largest count in the United States. A roller coaster with 8 inversions would take the U.S. record for most inversions, and most inversions in the world for an inverted roller coaster (assuming that it is indeed an inverted roller coaster).

If it were indeed an 8 inversion Invert, I would temper your disappointment over not having 10 inversions - you will still be receiving the most inversions on an inverted roller coaster ever.

Who said I was disappointed? You can infer what you want, but my expectations are always tempered when it comes to new rides.

And

Thanks for regurgitating a bunch of stats for me.

All I can say is if they are going to call it Banshee, it better be **** LOUD!

therick311 said:
All I can say is if they are going to call it Banshee, it better be **** LOUD!
I think we might just get that! Diamkndback isn't loud, and it would be nice to hear that B&M roar echoe across KI.

Plus, I'm with you. They wouldn't call it Banshee and spend extra effort filling it. This thing'll wake the dead.

Luckily.. that is a possibility as there is quite a distance from the park to any residence who might complain.. short of the hotel across the highway.

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Just made this, because I'm awesome.

554878_10201585016733088_1765256151_n.jpg

Anyone else reckon there could be a wingover after the final helix before the brakes?
Like this, but in reverse:
9metfo0023hu9cisjh7oi1.jpg

http://rcdb.com/3935.htm?p=20361

That would be a verrrrrryyyy drawn out wingover or a very very small radius on the helix.

^^That picture is awesome. Whoever took it is a **** ing genius.

Just love how much room they will still have left from the SOB area even after building this. That thing was enormous.

roomraider said:
Just love how much room they will still have left from the SOB area even after building this. That thing was enormous.
I think that was the general plan the whole time, open up the park and be able to put more rides in that massive area than just another massive ride to take up even more space

roomraider said:
I think that was the general plan the whole time, open up the park and be able to put more rides in that massive area than just another massive ride to take up even more space

The station for SoB was set way back, and this new ride protrudes farther into the park than SoB ever did.

In a sense, this is a contraction of the park's overall footprint, not an expansion.

True. But it has freed up space for future expansion around that area (I have no idea how much space the park has otherwise.

Was just saying they can easily fit another major coaster if not two into the SOB space they have left over even after this project. I would assume they would leave room for expansion into this area like Thorpe have with the path over by Swarms entrance.

On top of king's island's 370 some acres, they have another 300 some that they own as well that has not been developed yet.

The problem is access. The new ride blocks the access to the rest of SoB's footprint.

I'd assume though that flight deck is gonna hit the can pretty soon making access easier, I envision a whole new area back behind where sob was but not interfering to much with the new coaster

I bet they could tear down Sling Shot and use that space as access to a path. Maybe they move it to Cedar Point's Challenge Park. I don't know how much the GP does/doesn't like it but I think it seems like a small price to pay for pathway access.

Then again, is there any room between Adventure Express and Racer to open that area up?

rollermonkey said:
The problem is access. The new ride blocks the access to the rest of SoB's footprint.

Could that be blocking access in the same way that all of Blackpool's rides block access to other areas, or Colossus at Thorpe blocks access to Saw or Alpengeist blocks access in Busch? :)

Access across/under a coaster really isn't an issue is it?