What's new

Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're screwing us again. Instead of unplugging the the webcam they just took a screenshot from a couple of hours ago and just left it like that. A lot of people on KDFansite think there's someone on their board from KD screwing with them. Figuring them out. :p

And for the hell of it here's video of Clint and Will getting their I305 media day package.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLw1O6SR030[/youtube]

Well..

004.JPG

..standard OTSR's.

http://behindthethrills.com/index.php?o ... Itemid=121

You should see this guy on KDFansite (you may have Snoo) he keeps going on how he has "sources" that have told him that the ride hit 102 and 6.1 G's. And he's insisting the fact that Intamin "got their facts wrong" and saying he's right.

Would not the 1st time they made a mistake though, 13 at AT has had to be trimmed, the inline on Mav was removed etc.

^But even if they had made a mistake wouldn't they have done something to the ride (like what Maverick did) or something of that nature and if they're supposed to why are they testing so much? I just don't see it.

Adding trims isnt proof of mistake. If anything its proof of forward thinking. I very much doubt i305 is pullibg 6gs its probably design to not pull more than 3 Gs on the big turns if itwas abit too fast it wouldnt double the force.

When they tested it they found it was to fast so they trimmed it, its not really forward thinking more like fixing a problem so it does not hurt the riders.

With this coaster if it really is pulling 6G they will need to do something as hardly anyone could take that.

^But that dude was just spewing nonsense and wouldn't list his source so that may not even be true. It was already supposed to be trimmed it wasn't added in afterwords.

That's a major problem with modern coasters, designers are struggling to come up with new concepts and designs as we've already pushed to the limit, perhaps we will have to wear protective clothing on coasters in the nearer future than I thought.

Yes he probably is talking crap but I am just saying that errors are made when then design coasters that they do not know about until its tested.

Yeh I am, it was on a TV show about roller coasters, and it said one day we would have to wear protective clothing :lol:

25186_110499598964948_100000147251201_261990_4111621_n.jpg

A better look at the restraints. They seem to be more padded and look almost flexible. Note the water dummy with a water bottle duct taped to its head :lol: . I do hope they clean up the trains though as there's mud all over the side.

But compare these to Maverick's restraints,

p19568.jpg

They do look different.

Status
Not open for further replies.