Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP!

I desperately need a photo of this for the newsletter. It MUST be:

your own photo that you have taken
in landscape format
clear enough to look ok wehn resized very small

You will of course be given full credit for the pic. Please send link/attachment to nic@coasterforce.com ASAP!

Cheers

Here's a new teaser that includes some on ride footage (not animation) of I305.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWWhxOTOA8k[/youtube]

Well those shots were provided by Kings Dominion so I'm sure they'll have the full POV released by the end of the week seeing as Friday is Opening Day. Hell they might even have it out by the end of Media Day.

Don't know if this has been posted before.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vULF8IbZa34[/youtube]

That's the same link SnooSnoo posted, so be sure to click on the right thumbnail under the video to see the update.

It looks like it has a stronger whip than Maverick's turns!

Insane.

I can't imagin how much the back row will snap. I can see the reason for the over-shoulder bars now!

The 3rd video had a clip with the presenter on it. Which was cool.

Oh and its been put on YT. Better frame rate on there.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StBw4iF98D0[/youtube]

Looks awesome! One week to go. Can't wait to ride that baby!

Ehhhhh if you like blackouts and neck chopping. Rode it today.
Please respect this is my own opinion. I cant wait to read your reviews also and I will respect them.

It is a beautiful ride! The station was nice. Staff not so much (They need some work). You head up the hill going quite fast it's really fun. Faster than MF. The first drop is pretty intense. SO many G's. To much for me. This is where the black out occurs (Not for just me others too). If they would slow the lift right at the top I think it would be alot more enjoyable first turn. Then you hit the first air time hill pretty nice airtime and regain all of the blood back to your head and you can see again. The turns after the first air time hill are great my favorite part of the ride flying around the corners. Then you get to the first 2 transitions and they are pretty rough I have to admit because of the restraints. I think if there was a small trim before this they would be alot better. After that you hit the last 2 airtime hills the first one has a strong trim. After a banked turn you hit the WORST element of the ride (photo attached). Its a weird transition its does it like half way this is where the main neck chop happens. Proceeding to the photo finish where people have funny faces because they are like OUCH that last one hurt. The ride was fun because of the speed. But for me this isn't a ride over and over ride. Even though I rode it 12 times with a few brakes.

Beautiful ride.
kd052.jpg

I dont know if you can really see it but when you ride it you will know what I'm talking about.
kd1o.jpg

bob_3_ said:
Hahaha! First time I've read a review saying a ride lacked trims!

Something to slow it down through those transitions. This trim was in the wrong spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.