What's new

Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCF

Strata Poster
^Pagel just wants to keep us waiting for more. He's basically making us suffer. :p

EDIT: Clint got video!! He's on his way home and he's about to put it on YouTube! But he couldn't get a lot of footage because the security chased him off of Doswell Rd.

RCF

Strata Poster
EDIT: After taking several closer looks in fullscreen it looks as if it has the original OTSR's. Unless the straps are orange and stationary then they're traditional.

RCF

Strata Poster
^They did. If you see the picture above of the train on the lift hill it was seconds before the cam was turned off.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
RollerCoasterFanatic said:
I looked closely and unless they haven't put on restraints at all (which I saw water dummies on the webcam the other day) then they have straps cuz I don't see the typical OTSR's.

And I'm not sure if they used trims but even if they did the train flies over the second hill.

The trims are magnetic / permanent. They cannot be "turned off" without completely removing them.

Mike T

Mega Poster
And I still can't believe some of you think Intimidator 232 is going to be better than this...

Lets compare that video to the sh*tstorm they've got going on at Carowinds, and can anybody tell me the difference between the two?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b51xGRaI2w&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

vs.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRb0uRlTJNg&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
They both look like good rides to be honest. For a few months now, I've been thinking that 305 had a slight edge on 232, but after this video, I have no doubt in my mind that 305 will be much better. I don't think any of us thought that 305 would be that fast.

Mike T

Mega Poster
No the correct answer we were looking for is that one has a set of balls while the other is - as said earlier - Sailboat: The Ride. I hope I232 valleys with guests on it just to show them that achieving maximum height on every flipping hill (232) isn't nearly as memorable as achieving maximum power throughout the entire layout of the ride (305) in retrospect to the park guest.

Snoo

The Legend
The speed 305 goes over those hills remind me of Bizarro, Toro, and TExpress.. which equals epic ****ing airtime.

Restraints or not, this is going to be a good ride.. even if the airtime isn't 'OMFG BLOW MY WIENER!' insane.

RCF

Strata Poster
^ Blow my weiner insane? I've never heard of that I want to try it. :wink:

And who ever said Intimidator 232 would be better than this? Cuz they're wrong and they need to be slapped like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_GJkKMPHxw[/youtube]

RCF

Strata Poster
^I think it will because that trim on the hill seemed to have almost no effect at all. And it flew so this'll be an epic ride I think.

EDIT: I revised my last statement. After taking a closer look at the video I saw traditional OTSR's.

Status
Not open for further replies.