What's new

Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCF

Strata Poster
I was just saying you can hear it. I wasn't saying it like it was a bad thing. Just merely pointing it out.

And from what I've heard they made good use of the trim.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Wow. This looks even better than I thought. Unfortunately it's also pretty short.

Still, I can't wait to ride this beast.

Brookes

Giga Poster
This looks absolutely brilliant. It is even faster than I ever imagined it to be, the transitions are crazy. The headbanging doesn't look that bad from the video to me, but it's probably expected to be a bit due to the sheer craziness of it.

marc

CF Legend
Looks bloody fast with high G so thats a positive but for me its just a big Mega lite that does not look to give as much airtime but thats not what its about.

I do hope the trim on this is not like the trim on 13.

I am not sure tbh probably one you need to ride.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Looks bloody fast with high G so thats a positive but for me its just a big Mega lite that does not look to give as much airtime but thats not what its about.

Well my insomnia's kicked in again so I spent alot of last night reading all the reviews of Intimidator across the forums and these are my conclusions!

- Due to the high speed of the lift, the first drop is mad ejector all the way down
-The first corner is the most intense part, and the cause of blackouts
- All hills are ejector, and the trim is very much needed, although doesn't ruin the pace.
-The S-transitions give pops of air
- The front is the best seat, as the back is a bit too violent.

Snoo

The Legend
Well.. looks like I might just ride the back first then roll to the front.. like I did on Boulder Dash. Who knows? :p

tks

Strata Poster
Where's the fun in getting your head smashed into the restraints? Unless of course you happen to be of "the right build".

Jools

Giga Poster
tks said:
Where's the fun in getting your head smashed into the restraints? Unless of course you happen to be of "the right build".
Looks more like the neck gets smashed in rather than the head to me. :?

marc

CF Legend
bob_3_ said:

Well my insomnia's kicked in again so I spent alot of last night reading all the reviews of Intimidator across the forums and these are my conclusions!

- Due to the high speed of the lift, the first drop is mad ejector all the way down
-The first corner is the most intense part, and the cause of blackouts
- All hills are ejector, and the trim is very much needed, although doesn't ruin the pace.
-The S-transitions give pops of air
- The front is the best seat, as the back is a bit too violent.

Yes even Robb was saying he was greying out, lets hope they do not have to trim the drop like they have on 13.

This seems to have got better reviews than the B&M one.

Yeah, it must suck to be 5'2".

HEY, nothing wrong with being on the lower end of the five foot spectrum :p . But the thing is, if you're shorter, your head smacks off the restraints like it does for me, and if you're taller, it's your neck. Choose your poison, I guess. Besides, neck or head chopping isn't really the end-all-be-all of whether a ride is good or not, because for me, Maverick has the potential to absolutely kill my ears if I'm not careful, yet it still ranks in my top five.

I might ride front first, back second.. But I'd like to try both :p

bob_3_

Giga Poster
tks said:

Well, I'll quote from TPR, seeing the amount of rides Robb has ridden, I do trust what he says

Robb rode around 50 times today in different areas on the train and says he didn't even notice the headbanging. So I'm guessing that it's the kind of ride that throws you around a bit, but not actually into the restraint.

Now, this could obviously change based on your height and build and how you fit in the restraint, but for Robb it wasn't a problem.

And from Robb himself

Yes this is true. I rode 40-50 times today and didn't have a problem at all with the restraints.

Anyone who has a problem with the restraints is just dumb.

I don't think he has a build any different from alot of average riders either.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I'm just pointing out really. There's a reverse POV of Robb riding, he's flying all over the place. But then he says it doesn't actually FEEL that bad on the ride. I think people are overreacting and should judge after riding.

tks

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Yeah, it must suck to be 5'2".

HEY, nothing wrong with being on the lower end of the five foot spectrum :p . But the thing is, if you're shorter, your head smacks off the restraints like it does for me, and if you're taller, it's your neck. Choose your poison

Couldn't have put it better! Oh and i'm 5'5" incase you want to insult me in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.