What's new

Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Again, don't be stupid.

Vampire was about 6 million, that would take Chessington 3 years to fully recover.

Now please Marcus, get real.

Love
Erol x

Yea! Now we just have to wait for the test runs :--D

In this video you can see that several of the transitions are on top of small hills so there will indeed be some more airtime than just the three airtime hills..

IMG_0470r.jpg

Is it just me or do they look like they'll kill a lot of speed? Trims are normally really small, like the second part, but that first bit seems rather long.

My guess would be that they have added all of the fins so that they can line them up properly when they are going to do the pull-through, so that when they start to test then there will be no complications about broken brake magnets or fins.

Then after they have done the first test runs they would see if they have to remove fins to get the coaster to ride as it should...

At least that's what they did on Kanonen, and it ended up with almost no fins at all...

^And as I noted earlier.. with iSpeed.. nothing changed at all.. and that ride is much more recent.

Judging by the affects on Maverick at 70mph with just a few fins.. I hope these fins which look more like KK's.. with a much more gradual affect.

I've lost all interest with this ride now that I've read it has OTSR's... why would you put them on this coaster, which has no inversions, no launches... it's the perfect ride for lap bars...

Not like I was gonna ride it anyway, america being too far to cycle...

Now that I'm in the right topic.

I've seen Intimidator with my own eyes. It is tall. Look I took a photo and everything...

19651_280141766270_644541270_4975034_7573278_n.jpg

If I ignore the fact that this thing is themed to Nascar, I can't understand the hate this thing seems to be getting. That hill looks ace to me. =/

I have no idea what the rest of it's layout even does. Lol.

And, a first drop can make a ride (in my backwards opinion), so a drop and a hill certainly can.

Totally almost posted in the wrong topic. Damn Cedar Fair.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jHd9CA4uVw[/youtube]

Ingested Banjo said:
I've lost all interest with this ride now that I've read it has OTSR's... why would you put them on this coaster, which has no inversions, no launches... it's the perfect ride for lap bars...

Not like I was gonna ride it anyway, america being too far to cycle...
The OTSRs are there for the quick transitions are partially there for the quick transitions during the ride, and partially because Intamin has a bad track record with steep drops and lapbars.

^I'm not sure about that.. as they haven't abandoned the lapbars in many newer machines, such as the mega-lites and prefabs... both of which have steep drops, extreme airtime, and sharp transitions.

^I could have sworn it was due to the magnetic brakes being so powerful, they would throw riders uncomfortably forward. I can feel this on Top Thrill Dragster, but not on Millennium Force. Yet when I ride Maverick, with the OSTR's, it feels a lot more comfortable.

I don't think so. Having been on Bizarro up in NE, which has the same braking distance and half the speed, the throw forward isn't uncomfortable by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.