What's new

Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing a complete overview leaves me thinking that the last turn looks awfully tight in comparison to the others. There's probably a decent amount of speed lost around the earlier parts of the ride though. Bring on the trains and testing!

In responce to the last few posts on i305...

I think the ride does look really good, but I have no idea what to expect from it. I'm sure it will be a coaster I love, as I love Millennium Force and I love Maverick and it's kind of a combination between to the two, I'm just not sure if i305 will be better than both of those.

I have to admit, when the ride was announced, I was pretty disappointed. A new giga coaster. Something that's only been built twice, which was a decade ago. And the ride uses all its speed up on turns, and has a pretty short layout...

Like I said, it's still good, but if you're going to spend $25 million on a new giga coaster (!!!!!111!1!!1!), at least make it worth it?? (Break a record...etc.)

rollerdude said:
Seeing a complete overview leaves me thinking that the last turn looks awfully tight in comparison to the others. There's probably a decent amount of speed lost around the earlier parts of the ride though. Bring on the trains and testing!
Well, these will probably have something to do with it...

IMG_0470r.jpg

:(

Well nobody really expected this ride to be untrimmed?? Let's just hope they don't trim it to hard and that the first drop remains untrimmed! :)

I'm guessing I'm not the first one to notice that there hasn't been any other major ride called intimidator, and now 2 have come along at once, both with red track? Are they owned by the same company?

Well thats a wopping great trim. Although we could loose fins when it starts testing, depending if its has the right speed or not. Also it depends what type they are. They could be the type with less copper in them and not be so harsh.

Could of just had a bigger hill, or more elements before to knock the energy away. Seems such a waste.

A-Kid said:
Well thats a wopping great trim. Although we could loose fins when it starts testing, depending if its has the right speed or not. Also it depends what type they are. They could be the type with less copper in them and not be so harsh.

Could of just had a bigger hill, or more elements before to knock the energy away. Seems such a waste.

We thought the same thing with iSpeed.. and they weren't removed. If they were added, they probably won't be taken off.

A-Kid said:
Could of just had a bigger hill
Bigger hill = taller supports = higher cost
A-Kid said:
or more elements before to knock the energy away. Seems such a waste.
More elements = more track = higher cost

I guess they wanted to build an as tall coaster as possible at a certain budget. With more money they of course would have made the hills bigger but as it is now I think a taller first hill was a better option than bigger airtime hills :)

Ingested Banjo said:
I'm guessing I'm not the first one to notice that there hasn't been any other major ride called intimidator, and now 2 have come along at once, both with red track? Are they owned by the same company?
Yes, Cedar Fair.

^Well of course they could afford it, but they're cheap! :p

No but seriously. They have the money, they are a large scale company. But you always have to compare the costs versus the predicted income the ride will generate, and Cedar Fair probably thought this was the most money they could spend on a ride at the moment.. (But if it would have been built at Cedar Point I guess it would have been bigger, but thats a completaly different thing.. )

And considering that it's flat just because it's car themed, well just take a look at Carrowinds new hyper.. ;)

^The trims are magnetic and positioned directly under the train.. hence will be used.

Screaming Coasters said:
Apparently it takes 3 years to recover the cost of a coaster... So I've learnt at Chessington anyway...

Chessington buys $25 million dollar coasters?

Status
Not open for further replies.