What's new

Intimidator 305 - Kings Dominion Giga coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say they are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A9f3JnCOGE

The 3 S bends in a row, in that video are all basically flat, where as Piratens are actual hills.

Though I suppose the final S bend, after the 2 'bunny hops' could offer some sort air, but then the track is banked 90' at the crest, so chances are it would be a kind of 'side air time' :?

I still think they'll give some airtime. the video doesn't show it that well, but the trains will be travelling fast at those points.

Plus, the OTSR's will make it rough and horrible. The pussys that say Rita is rough are going to HATE this ride.

^You got it half right. They give good airtime, but as for flat:
http://rcdb.com/m/3245.htm?p=15851
Unless I'm very mistaken, those are S Hills. They may be flat on their apex, but the heartline goes in a steady curve.

However, it has a flat S-bend as well, coming out of the Norwegian Loop. No airtime on it, though.

Until we see this thing in person, I'm not going to say how 'flat' or 'hilly' the s-bends are.

I will say that I wasn't expecting Kawasemi to be as fun as it is.

Therefore, while this may turn out to be a dud, I'm reserving judgement until I actually get to ride the thing.

You have to look at the heartline, not the track. It's similar to an inverted 0-g roll. It looks like the track dips down, but in reality, the heartline is in a steady parabola. With this, the train is going at extremely fast speeds. The track needs to be banked a ton, and the track must rotate around the heartline to create a smooth transition. It may not look like it, but if you can imagine the heartline, you can see that there is a curve in the heartline along those transitions. Just look at this rendering:

KD09.jpg

This shows that the heartline isn't even correct, and will probably provide some pain, but there will be airtime in it for sure.

^ Yes, on that one I said there could be some air.

I think them transitions look a bit too small for how quick the train will be travelling. With how Intamin's age, I think it could be a very painful coaster after a few years.

I apologise for my previous post, it was a bit harsh but It was aimed at some of the short pointless negative comments with no decent points to back them up.
I do agree with some of the negative points and some people have some good arguments for and against, but there is far to much negativity for the sake of it. I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but negativity seems to be all the rage these days lol.

I Think this coaster looks really unique, and therefore hard to compare against current coasters. It's a good a good thing, cause if every tall coaster had the same 'winning' layout, we'd all be bored very quickly.

When it comes down to it...it'll be better than MF, and thats all I hoped for! Yeah it's not going to be the best ride in the world, but hey.

I'd kill for a ride like this to be built near me. the height and drop of MF, btu with more air and faster transitions. I'm just praying for reduced Intamin-shuffling.

If the mega-lites are anything to go by, then this beast will cause a great share of blackouts on the first turnaround. :)

Screamscape pointed out this in regards of the restraints:

p23290.jpg

That is supposedly the "shoulder strap" restraint
NOTE: ScreamScape used Terra Mitica's Inferno as an example. The ones on Insane look very much the same, so I chose them as RCDB didn't have any good pics of Inferno.

Oh well, cry me a river, it has whack restraints..

I just look at it this way; Maverick has OTSR's and it's in my top five so there is nothing stopping this from being good.

LiveForTheLaunch said:
Oh well, cry me a river, it has whack restraints..

I just look at it this way; Maverick has OTSR's and it's in my top five so there is nothing stopping this from being good.

But, this ride isn't Maverick.

Just because they share something in common doesn't mean they are the same.

^ What I meant to say was that Maverick has really sharp transitions and it's still a good ride, so just because this has sharp turns and also has OTSR's, doesn't mean it's gonna be bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.