What's new

Holiday World | Thunderbird | Launched B&M Wing Coaster

Re: Holiday World | Unknown | Unknown

Leah just posted a new HoliBlog post talking about past plans for a steel coaster and basically confirmed it being steel now (although we already knew that basically). She also said that it is the first of its kind and is unique.

As stated by Holiday World in a newspaper, this investment will cost 22 million.

That puts money questions to rest

Also, picture of the current area as seen by the HoliDrone.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1405805406.jpg

This is the portion OUTSIDE the woods that people can view on Hyena Falls.

Very excite, yes.

It could be, so long as its a proto-type from th and does very low to ground maneuvers.

This really pits it inside the very large Gerstlauer - Intamin area more comfortably.

The only real evidence towards a B&M has been the footers, which they have conveniently covered their cut-outs that are in view of the webcam.

Another thing, their are apparently some massive footers being dug and put in as of late.

Alert:
The footer cutouts are ALMOND shaped! And you know what that,means...

B&M!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Has there been any non-footer evidence that this might not be an S&S launcher like the ones in China?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ToJr-XKTVs[/youtube]

If we can count B&M out (which I find hard to do at this point) I'd put my money on one of these or that Mack or Gerstlauer I had mentioned in the past.

However, I think the fact that they covered the footers speaks volumes. I'm still not convinced it won't be a B&M launcher. I think of the track at the plant that this is either the dark orange or the royal blue.

If it does hold out to be B&M (we will know Thursday night so not much more speculating) I think it will either be launched, or 4D.

I'm hoping it to be a blitz style if it turns out to be a B&M. But have we considered a vertical lift from B&M? What type of footers would need to be used if it were going to be Vertical Lift?

NAPayne31 said:
I'm hoping it to be a blitz style if it turns out to be a B&M. But have we considered a vertical lift from B&M? What type of footers would need to be used if it were going to be Vertical Lift?

For a B&M, almond shaped. :lol:

GuyWithAStick said:
NAPayne31 said:

For a B&M, almond shaped. :lol:

That's not what I meant, I meant that how far apart would footers need to be and how the supports would work out.

Oh, well I'd assume it would take a different style of supports, so I wouldn't know.

Leah herself posted that this will be a unique, one of a kind attraction.

So I really dont know what to expect in this ride now.

After following the clues I really have no clue as to what they might build, but I have a feeling it won't be a B&M.

So incase any of you want to watch, follow these steps that are out of order to watch the Announcement live and the follow up with CoasterRadio.com for the in-depth analysis and reveals for all clues!

5. Can’t make it to Santa Claus on Thursday? No worries; we plan to stream the announcement live from our website. We’ll have some interactive polling and such, so please tune in at 8:15pm CDT to have your say. Then after the announcement, refresh the page and you’ll see a new microsite with all sorts of information and animation about … oh, you nearly got me there. Nope. Gotta wait.

6. Having trouble holding on until Christmas Eve in July? Be sure to check our ConstructionCam during daylight hours to see if you can figure out what we’re up to.

7. After the announcement, we’ll be part of a live podcast with CoasterRadio.com – for a full recap of our 66 Days At Sea hints.

8. Throughout the day (and before, actually), we’ll be using the hashtag #HW2015 – please join in the fun!

tomahawk said:
If it does hold out to be B&M (we will know Thursday night so not much more speculating) I think it will either be launched, or 4D.

Don't think I'm having a dig at you in particular, as I'm not, but I really hope it's either a launched or 4D B&M. I'm fed up entering a construction topic and everyone spouting out "OMG, ITS GUNNA BE A LAUNCHED B&M" Or "WALTER SAID HES GOING TO BUILD A 4D COASTER, OMG!". Can it just happen already?

He mentioned the 4D coaster ONCE in an interview when he was asked if it was something B&M would manufacture. Has anybody ever considered that he may of just entertained the question to be polite?

Like I said, it'd be nice to actually have a new B&M concept built if it means people would shut up about them, but on the other hand I'd rather B&M stick to their basic designs as that's what they're best at. Let's face it; neither the wing coaster or the flying coaster have taken the world by storm.

So where are people getting a hint of B&M 4D?

Well I just pulled it out of the deepest region of my ass based off how Intricks and Jarrett are just going insane with the most ridiculous speculation possible.

What time is the stream GMT I'm actually excited for this ride I want it to be a B&M.