What's new

Holiday World | Thunderbird | Launched B&M Wing Coaster

Re: Holiday World | Unknown | Unknown

Hyde said:
So where are people getting a hint of B&M 4D?

God knows.

For me the park are going to go for a safe investment after what just happened with the last right.

I cannot see see it being a B&M and it won't be an Intamin.

It will probably be a Gler like Hansa Park are getting.

tomahawk said:
Well I just pulled it out of the deepest region of my ass based off how Intricks and Jarrett are just going insane with the most ridiculous speculation possible.
=D> :lol:

Le sigh. Ive stopped hoping for what I originally hoped for, and just continued on with the most popular theory.

I really do not see how B&Ms first launcher designed by them would be out of question (beyond price, but Holiday World has stated the attraction will be 22 mil, and there are cheap Beemers out there), bar some people expecting it to be massive.

I have my confidence in Holiday World. While this isn't what I had hoped for since the beginning, I at least know that it will pretty much wow all of us with whatever they do pull out their :censored:.

So, to continue with more hints, Holiday World has posted a video to their Instagram in which they asked Santa if HE knew what Holiday Worlds newest ride was. He just laughed and said it will be "Faster and Smoother than my sleigh.".

Take it for what it is folks.

In all honesty, with all the facts we have, I don't think it's too far out to expect a B&M launched, but I highly doubt with their budget, there will be a big layout or a massive focus on theming. As for a B&M 4D, I personally doubt B&M are even working on that at the moment, S&S have had enough troubles, and whilst I don't think they haven't entertained the idea, I think it's extremely far off, and when it does come around it would be way out of most parks budget range.

If it's not B&M, which I must admit, I doubt, I can potentially see Mack creating some form of hybrid of their launched coasters and their water coasters. (But that really is stretching my imagination)

Considering we have yet to see any inclination, hint, or breath of a B&M 4D in the wild, I hardly think it is even worth mention.

And a B&M launcher? Are we grasping at straws, or do we have any true indicators outside of a couple footers in the ground? The B&M launcher has been a white whale for years, something enthusiasts always hope for but never see.

It's a waiting game, but some of these B&M theories are simply fanboy dreams with no basis.

The ALMOND SHAPED footers seem to be in a long line like a LAUNCH AREA, and a building typically seen on LAUNCH COASTERS is being built. Yeah, TOTALLY a Zamperla spinning coaster.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

More than a couple by this point. They are solely focusing on the area behind Hyena, and all that is there, are a few massive footers (like 3-5) placed throughout, and a length of footers that house a similar layout to how a launch section is done.

Some have argued that it could be for a brake run, which could be a valid argument, but that argument just simply upped and disappeared really when the building showed up. Some have stated that it could be a bathroom and Oasis Center (which are found near all their coasters), but some are questioning the "window" that is on the left side of the building. Its too large for a ventilation window, so some have claimed that to be the building to house the computer bits involved with a launch.

The sole reason why nearly everyone is talking B&M for this, is the almond cut in the currently poured footers. If you want to disprove the theory, all that has been needed to be done is to find another manufacturer that uses the same or similar almond cut in their footers.

As a side note, Ive mainly kept this as a B&M launcher, there have been talks of it being a Flyer that will launch. This has come from all the references to looking at the sky/clouds/stars/moon.

It isn't the manufacturers that intrigues me, only the model. When we begin speculating roller coasters that B&M has never manufactured, that's when we need an objective look at the evidence.

I also encourage folks to heed the warning: "Amusement park hints and made by amusement parks." Holiday World will reveal enough to give you a theme, but nothing that will majorly reveal the coaster type.

I personally was burnt by this with Maverick at CP. The construction sign teasers such as "We're going in a whole different direction!" and the footer patterns had everyone guessing which-ever-way they pleased. We knew it was an intamin based on the track, but that was about it. I personally had hitched my wagon onto an Intamin wing coaster, with no launch. Shows how right I was, huh?

That's why I always reserve speculation until the evidence shakes out (or an image is leaked, whichever comes first ;) ).

I can buy into a B&M with a $22 million price tag. But as for model types, the jury is out for me.

...just catching up on this...

Y'know, any hypothetical guesswork involving the park's profits ignores that they've been locked up in an in-family legal battle for a couple years. Whatever buyout resulted from all that would eat into y'all's numbers.

Day 65 from the 66daysatsea.com website:

Through the churning clouds a giant creature appears. As it draws closer, enormous wings snap against the wind creating a thundering sound. It is a sound we feel with our entire beings. As the creature roars over our Mayflower, we are swept up in its great power.

I think we have something that the coaster can be named after! Also it talks about wings so maybe wing coaster, who knows sounds very interesting!

^^ They settled last year I believe.

Another reference to a roar? Im guessing Togo. Fits with the sound of the cries of all the crushed enthusiasts!

In all seriousness, this has taken a VERY interesting turn.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Ha this is when tomorrow comes and they reveal it's a freaking Aquatrax. Now that would be priceless! In all seriousness though the marketing team for Holiday World have done a fab job, I am not even from America and I am ridiculously hyped for tomorrows announcement.

I must admit the wing coaster idea is certainly very possible, especially with all the hints. But I genuinely think this ride will feature a unique element of some sort. I think I remember reading on TPR that it was confirmed. I just can't see winged coasters being that adaptable to new elements, I mean we all know how well Bacco turned out. The launch I still see as a possibility, I mean B&M have been saying it's been in the works for ages, and were pretty much waiting for a buyer. (I think this was from a TPR IAAPPA footage)

One alternative I see as really quite possible now (Based on the clues and not much else), is an Intamin wing coaster (a.k.a Skyrush) It would go down great with enthusiasts and the public, it could possibly be themed, would be cheaper than a B&M (I assume) and would be a great all around ride!

Nothing beyond Price, it being a single addition and it being unique/one of a kind has been confirmed.

Hell, we dont even have a name yet!

Intricks said:
Nothing beyond Price, it being a single addition and it being unique/one of a kind has been confirmed.

Hell, we dont even have a name yet!

I must admit all of that does have me very hopeful for the launched B&M, especially considering the footers are almond shaped! I mean what other unique thing would B&M do, that we can realistically say they have been working on. With regards to other manufacturers they would be foolish to go with Intamin if they're attempting a unique coaster, Mack is a possibility, an unlikely one considering the footers, and again, they'd be foolish to go for Gerst. Considering the price is relatively high I can't see it being anyone other than those four.

So yeah, I'm placing a bet on the B&M. Ha, it's all so exciting!

I don't see why the public would go crazy for a B&M Launcher. By that I mean to them, 'World's First B&M Launch coaster' means nothing to them.

Do not forget that this most likely had actual coaster enthusiast input as well (as did Voyage and Legend). I really can't wait to see what is revealed!

Nothing such as a leak has even occured yet!

^ That doesn't mean anything in terms of the world's first though.

Everyone is saying it could be a winged coaster because they talk about "giant wings" in the latest clue, but I'm thinking a non-launched flyer of some sort. Maybe with a new element or something?

A flying wingrider.

*Drops keyboard and walks away*

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

^^ Who said it would be a worlds first? Leah has only stated unique and one of a kind. Those two traits do not equate to it being a worlds first.