What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

Youngster Joey said:
UC said:
They have to finish it in pretty much the next week because the crane is going to a different construction site at the beginning of February, I also remember reading that they originally had plans to cap it off last week but were delayed due to the wind.

Yes, because if it's not done by then, the crane will leave and they'll be forced to open the park for 2012 with a partially completed coaster.

Use some common sense.

They will have to find a different crane. It's been really windy these last few weeks in NY and PA

Um, No. What will be the more possible situation is that they will carry on using this crane, the other site in which is was meant to go will find another one for a majorly reduced rate of hire due to the circumstances.

^ ohh really?
Hm well I was just guessing that Hershey would have to be the ones to find some sort of alternative solution, not the other people who are waiting for the crane so they can use it.

I guess you are probably right though .... if Hershey hadnt finished the lift hill and had to give up the crane, they would be rather screwed. hahaha.
They'd just have to keep on trying to finish their work.

Another question, even once they finish putting the structure part of the track in the lift hill, isnt there still more work to be done on the lift hill that needs that big crane? (clifford?)
Like I know that the catwalks dont neccessarily HAVE to have a huge crane to be installed (or do they???), but Im pretty sure that the actual railing and track part of the structure that needs to be added to the entire lift hill, surely still needs that big crane. And its taken them some time to get this far, I dont see them completely finishing the entire lift hill anytime soon ..... although I would definetly like to be proved wrong ....

UC said:
Youngster Joey can't seem to understand sarcasm.

You guys need to let this crane business go. I cannot believe people are still thinking it's a big deal. Some of you really need to learn some common sense.

My point was that the crane "issue" is irrelevant. The coaster will be finished when they're ready to finish it - the ending isn't going to be significantly dictated by when the crane is "supposed" to leave.

Lofty is correct. If the ride isn't finished by the time the crane is "due" to leave, Hershey will likely just pay an extra fee for it. I'm sure it's all been thought out in contingency plans. Hershey is located in PA - they aren't a stranger to sometimes difficult weather conditions.

Hm well I was just guessing that Hershey would have to be the ones to find some sort of alternative solution, not the other people who are waiting for the crane so they can use it.

Think of it like renting a car. If you hold on to it longer than you're supposed to, you're going to pay a fee for it, and the other person is going to be given a replacement. It's not like you're going to bring the car back and get another one under penalty of law so that the other person that specific car.

Another question, even once they finish putting the structure part of the track in the lift hill, isnt there still more work to be done on the lift hill that needs that big crane? (clifford?)
Like I know that the catwalks dont neccessarily HAVE to have a huge crane to be installed (or do they???), but Im pretty sure that the actual railing and track part of the structure that needs to be added to the entire lift hill, surely

Any large parts that need lifting will require the crane. I'm pretty sure if they wanted to put the catwalk up in a TIMELY manner (i.e. not step by step), they'd need the crane to do it. Any other way would be unnecessary and inefficient.

What you need to understand about this crane stuff is that they are not going to sacrifice safety and effort because of a crane that is "supposed" to be at another site by now. This is a large scale project, and these cranes are used in large scale projects - overruns happen, and I'm positive that any reputable crane rental company has contingency plans for when overruns occur.

The ride will be finished when it's able to be finished, no crane deadline or anything is going to change that. The ride completion determines when they give back the crane, not the other way around.

You really can't use sarcasm on the internet without the use of either emoticons or punctuation showing sarcasm. The lack of para-linguistics makes it impossible to tell. Not to mention I've never met you in person so I don't even know weather you tend to be a sarcastic person or not doesn't help.

(and for those who don't know what para-linguistics is, for this usage it is basically the inflections used while talking)

^ Yeah you REALLY don't get sarcasm :p

Don't worry he was just joking! I know when your new to a site it's hard to tell whether things are meant personally or not, but here at CF most things aren't...

Ethan said:
^ Yeah you REALLY don't get sarcasm :p

Don't worry he was just joking! I know when your new to a site it's hard to tell whether things are meant personally or not, but here at CF most things aren't...

That's fine. My last post is something I like to live by. If I'm being sarcastic you will know. I'd like to be given the same treatment. So to speak.

Back on topic. This ride looks interesting.

Gosh coaster nerds ;) Can't live with them or without them.

I can't really make-up my mind on this ride. The colours are gross, its curves are beautiful and that lift hill is just...strange. I don't know if this has been discussed yet but what makes this a Hyper (or Mega) over a wing rider? Is it the fact that it doesn't have any inversions? Or does it have something to do with the fact that 2 seats are above the track and 2 seats are over the edge? Will it really make that much of a difference?

^ Well, perhaps its both?
Wing riders can be any sort of style (X2, Furius Baco) .... one is a 4th dimension coaster, and the other is a launched accelerator.
Remember that there arent that many wing riders in the world and they've only started popping up more since B&M built Raptor at Gardaland...... that sort of wing rider seems to take more of the classic looping roller coaster experience.

A Mega coaster for me could be any sort of coaster (absolutely any) that is between 200-299 feet. It could be a looping coaster, a launched coaster, anything. What makes it a hyper is the usual hills, drops, helixes and overbanks etc. But a Hyper could be as tall or small as it wants (for eg steel eel at SWSD is only about 150 feet, but its still a hyper coaster, but not mega).

So ........... IMO, Skyrush isnt one or the other, but both. Its a Hyper-Mega-Wing Rider
haha thats alot of hyphens :)
Again, thats just all of my opinion, I'm sure some people here disagree with that.

^ Very true.
I guess what we call it or think of it doesnt really matter, because its always the park and manufacturers that are coming up with the terms and classifications ...

I don't necessarily think this could be classified as a wing rider... if so, surely the Dive Coasters are wing riders as well? Wing riders have every rider on the "wing." This just has seats over the edge.

But if we called it that, we'd just be like ordinary members of the public!!!

Edit: Sorry, I seem to have forgotten my sarcasm punctuation ؟

Re: Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

Smallish update. Lift hill/drop track is now being put up onto the tresses! Guesses are saying Thursday for the lift hill to be complete!

Switching between the hideouts'...

The way this lift hill has been constructed has truly been quite bizarre.
I just want to see it finished.
Loving the frequent updates though!

Re: Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

^ Yes, I am QUITE lazy indeed :lol: It just gets annoying getting anyform of link on my phone.

Switching between the hideouts'...

Don't know if anyone has said this...............
but earlier in the topic everyone thought this would have an OTSR. However, in Josh's last post, the advertisement for the ride had a train with lap bars. A lot of people thought this would be impossible for the floorless outer seats, but it should make the ride much better by providing much more airtime than OTSRs.

Thanks! I haven't been paying too close of attention to the topic so I didn't know about the hybrid restraints until today.
Will these lapbars mouted to the train from overhead give the same airtime as traditional lapbars mounted to the train from the side?

And, also, I havent ridden I305 yet (I am this summer) but I have used those Intamin ORSRs for Kindga Ka and Maverick.

I believe the type of restraint being used on this is what they use on Pilgrim's Plunge and Shoot the Rapids. They're comfortable for a water ride, but that's not saying much.

My only beef with Intamin's OTSRs is that on rides with extreme airtime, the bar adds some discomfort. If the bar was bent or molded to fit riders' legs, it might be a bit more comfortable.