What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

Re: "Skyrush" - Intamin Hyper - Hersheypark

To be honest, I think it works in the exact opposite way, and you become more tolerant of roughness after a while.

Towards the end of East Coast the SLCs weren't bothering me, they were just... there.

And like, Ghostrider came towards the end of West Coast and I was just like "yeah, it's quite gross..." whereas if I only went to Knott's in a year, I'd have been like, omfffggg, burn it <///3

So, yeah, I'd argue the opposite, for me at least.

If I rode, say, the one at SFA now, I'd probably say it was horrific. Whereas then I was like, yeah, it was a bit vile I guess, but, I'll live.

It was a saturation thing, certainly. Just, not a saturation of good stuff? Just that all the crap stuff blended into one and all became "meh".

nadroJ said:
I'm always a bit skeptical when about to ride a coaster that is 'omg, so painful and rough' to the majority of enthusiasts, mainly because of the Rita thing. I love it, am never uncomfortable and always manage to get a nice pop of airtime over the little hill (y'all know what bit I mean). I've never found a problem with this type of restraint until I rode iSpeed. This was a ride I hadn't really heard any critical review about, and was really looking forward to riding (love Intamin). However, the thing was so bloody painful and the restraints were so tight that any air I would have got was either denied to me by the ridiculous restraints, or I was distracted away from because of pain/bracing myself in order to avoid said pain.

So I can see the argument against these restraints, but overall I've never really had a problem.

but that makes no sense.
iSpeed and Rita have identical supports. Its the same system. So how can you dismiss Rita as being fine, but then apparently iSpeed's restraints were incredibly tight and caused you pain.
huh?
How could iSpeed be that much worse?
Its the same restraints ..... I dont see the argument.

Ive never been on a ride and been like oh my gosh that was so painful (except lethal weapon freaking death machine).
Even rides like Hurler and Grizzly at KD, sure they are rough, but its still fun and certainly not painful.
I dont know where this notion of feeling pain on a roller coaster comes from, because Ive never experienced it.

I think people overall need to tough up and get used to the way rides operate ........
except lethal weapon and all the other horrible SLC's out there!

D1993 said:
But that makes no sense.
iSpeed and Rita have identical supports. Its the same system. So how can you dismiss Rita as being fine, but then apparently iSpeed's restraints were incredibly tight and caused you pain.
huh?
How could iSpeed be that much worse?
Its the same restraints ..... I dont see the argument.
It might be the same restraint type, or a similar one, but there's still some major differences between the two rides! I'm tall and often have problems with OTSR due to the fact that they push against my shoulders. So doeas RITA as well, in fact the lapbar on RITA doesn't even touch my legs. But on iSpeed tha lap is tight against my legs and there's even some space between the restraints and my shoulders. That's a major difference from RITA which is one of the more uncomfortable OTSR rides I've been on and iSpeed which is one of the most comfortable ones :)

No I dont really see the difference. Even if there is one, its too minor to be important.
Basically, I think people are complaining too much about the restraint systems. Unless its a Vekoma or Togo, its probably fine.

Well we should probably get back to topic haha. The whole point of that was I was just basically saying no matter what sort of restraints Skyrush gets, they will be comfy enough and a good system.

D1993 said:
Basically, I think people are complaining too much about the restraint systems. Unless its a Vekoma or Togo, its probably fine.
TRUTH.

^^There is a difference no matter if you can see it or not. And it's quite a big difference (read my post above yours). Some prefer one type and others prefer the other type. That's life! But I think we can all agree that lapbars would be the best solution for Skyrush!

^ Basically im saying Ive been on enough Intamins with both sorts of restraints to make the judgement that its all basically the same - IMO. And that people just need to get over how rides sometime jolt around.
The only things that differs for me is the usual ostr's and the straps like on I305.

Now, lets move on shall we? ....
:)

The problem I had on ispeed was with my legs, when there was airtime my legs rammed into the bar. I had problems with my neck and my tummy. Basically I could not wait for the coaster to end as it was just so nasty and I was shocked.

UC,

I don't think you know how glad I am that you're back on here posting again <3

Ooooo, and lift supports gimme gimme.

Update from facebook, the lift support is guessed to be as high as Comets lift as of a couple hours ago (general comparison from them), and another piece of track (guessed to be first drop track) is on site as well.

Looks like we will be seeing the lift go up now :)

Switching between the hideouts'...

^From what Ive gathered off of the project 2012 page (keystone thrills guys) and from TPRs backstage tour, the lift is being put up either now or asap.

TPR said they talked with them and said it would be the next to go up.

KST group gets their info from going there daily, and posting pics up on the 3 FB pages involved with Skyrush. Mr. Harris, a person I have "talked" about before (which started the whole restraint debate and drama, which I'd rather just stop for now) on here is a worker at Hershey (no clue exactly WHERE in Hersheypark on the business ladder), but he typically gives the most up to date photos for the open 2012 FB page, with Chris giving the updates as he lives close by. Him, Mr. Harris, W, B and C have gone by whats missing from the stockpile, and what appears at the site.

A few days ago was when they suspected the lift was next as the small little connector pieces that we had argued about what they will be used for (the blue and goldenrod colored ones...making the two box supports pretty) appeared on site near the first cluster **** of footers for the lift.

Hershey has also come out and said the ride will be finished by the time the trains get in, which is late February to early March. This is currently the most up to date info I know. Tom can add more if he wants, as he is a Jr. Researcher ;)

^ Thats cause someone brought up a contractual agreement over the 250ft crane late Oct/early Nov and someone named Roy had contacted several of the senior group members (that Ive met personally in Oct) and said the track was supposed to be completed by the New Year. Mr. Harris confirmed it as well as two others from within the company. Then the **** weather happened and its just been concluded that all will be finished by the time the Trains arrive, which will be late February to early March. The trains were originally to be there come March, but I guess it is now February.

A lot of what I know of comes from the closed group on facebook. Ive kinda just drifted away from the whole Skyrush project trying to keep up with the three B&M Wing Coasters as well as all the other projects coming to fruition next year. I still go onto the group pages to get updates on whats happening there.

UC said:
^ Basically im saying Ive been on enough Intamins with both sorts of restraints to make the judgement that its all basically the same - IMO. And that people just need to get over how rides sometime jolt around.
The only things that differs for me is the usual ostr's and the straps like on I305.

No, you don't get to just "move on" from making statements like that.

1. You start by saying "I'VE been on enough to know that it doesn't make a difference IMO." Therefore, if we're to accept your opinion, then you must equally accept Jordan's.

2. If we're to accept your opinion, you must also accept that some people, due to either physical reasons or a difference of opinion, don't appreciate the jolts you claim they should "just get over."

Therefore, your posts are essentially useless, as you're essentially telling people that your view of these rides is better than theirs, that you know what is/isn't acceptable on rides. This is not true. You are wrong.

Think before you post.

Now that we've addressed your general ignorance and disrespect, we may move on.

OMG - IMO means 'in my opinion'
people on this board are so dam anal!
I was trying to move on to not make an argument, but you take that as me being arrogant.
what the hell?
How is trying to understand and saying I dont understand how it makes sense to complain about rides that for me are seemingly identical.
So obviously there was a difference in opinion and I thought i'd just move on from the topic and start actually talking about skyrush.
does it always have to be so difficult?
If its such a problem and im so arrogant, then lets not waste space on the forums.

Back to SKYRUSH .......

UPDATE!

Lift support structure is now roughly 100ft high, 4 pieces of track are installed (woo!), and much more to be seen!

Skyrush

Oddly enough, it seems that they are working in reverse, with completeing the turn and working up to the highest peak of the drop. Was this how I305 was done?

It seems that they started with the turn as it is closest to the fenceline.

As for similarity to I-305's construction, yes. They approached the lift hill peak from both sides during that construction, IIRC.

Ah, that makes more sense now. I figured the support type had something to do with how it is constructed, but Im glad it was confirmed.

Plus there is that continuation of the spine into the ground which probably helps somewhat...