What's new

Hersheypark |"Skyrush"| Intamin Mega

Re: "Skyrush" - Intamin Hyper - Hersheypark

^Like Leviathan? Are you sure?? I haven't seen that anywhere in the pics available. And I305 does not have a continuation of the spine in to the ground, so I very much doubt Skyrush will have it either!

I think the part where the track goes into the ground happens at the beginning of the lift hill.
Well at least thats the way it is with I305, Im not sure if this is the same.

like this:

http://rcdb.com/4520.htm?p=24556

^Aha, ok! Now I get it. I thought he meant at the drop section.

reddude333 said:
Plus there is that continuation of the spine into the ground which probably helps somewhat...

What spine? Skyrush is using a 2 rail track for the lift that goes into the new spine type double track.

Switching between the hideouts'...

I just went off the picture UC referred us to from RCDB. Sorry if that picture is inaccurate.

379500_10150524583645930_500510929_11146258_38924247_n.jpg

Lookin sexy! Progress on the first drop and first started box support!

Umm...is there a proper name for this support style other than box support?

I hope this is ready by April.
I'll be devastated if I cant ride it when I go!

Depends on when the park opens tbh. I know, if I'm off, I'll be there for sure.

Skyrush is currently scheduled to open May 24, 2012. It will NOT be open in April (sorry).

So that is apicture of the first drop, right? :shock: Amazing!

I REALLY don't understand why they've decided to paint a couple of the cross supports on that big support yellow?? Are they trying to make the ride look like a K'NEX??

All they need now is more of those messed supports. I never did like coasters that have box like supports or than on woodies.

Lol I see the similarities ;)

F6WPR8AG4JV6V6L.MEDIUM.jpg

Nvm, it was the angle of Intricks' photo. And I didn't know that the coaster was going over the wooden coaster. The large supports on the bottom half of the drop are needed to support the lift and crown. I thought it was supported all the way up. Still don't like the look of the large mess of crossbeams :/

302168_10150380175744357_16994689356_8240323_581522961_n.jpg

I think it looks fine. I don't really see what you mean though.

Where is the station for this going?

Across the midway from Comet?

(scratching head)

rollermonkey said:
Where is the station for this going?

Across the midway from Comet?

(scratching head)

If what I remember is correct, this ride is snug up against Comet. Where the turn around near the station is on comet, near parallel to that.

379128_301874753180003_100000724421732_1014822_829046718_n.jpg

This is the image released by Hershey. The upper right of the corner is NOT a walkway, but is the station and covering for Comet.

What else....the support is finished!

378013_10150526886400930_500510929_11152338_85031769_n.jpg

And last, but DEFINITELY not least: the SKYRUSH CAM!

Construction Cam that is a bit down the page

One of the contruction guys (namely the one posting the vids) has stated that, weather permitting (and the powers that be higher up telling the to finish the lift), the lift should be done within 3-4 weeks. I know, seems WAY too long, but as he said in a message response to the group:

"Thanks. I really don't know much about the time table. I would guess (barring bad weather or any other unexpected hold ups) the lift section might be done in 3-4 weeks, but I really don't know so don't hold me to anything. I just put it together. People who make more money than me decide what we do and when we do it. Hershey is a nice place to work. They are good people. Glad you liked the video."

Please note that all pictures I am posting here are posted by members from the Project 2012 Group over on facebook. All credit belongs to them and them alone. Also, kudos to Sir G (and just tell me if you want the quoted bit deleted via Facebook) for contacting the construction worker and giving us his response.

ooo!
The drop is looking so good!
I love how it starts curving before its even straightened out!

Cant wait til its done! :)

A couple of us over at Facebook have been talking to the steel worker who took the video below and sent the following: Glad u like the vids. I was shooting them for family and friends. The roller coaster fans seem to really like them too which is fine with me. Thats why I made them public. I would say the yellow braces are an accident. I'd guess that Hershey will have them painted blue to match when we are finished as they have painters come in to touch up places that got "dinged" due to shipping/construction.

http://youtu.be/Cw2SBaW5X6Q