What's new

Heide Park | Flug Der Dämonen | B&M Wing Coaster

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Re: Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

^No! 24 people a train isn't bad by any means, with 2 trains is better than most coasters.

Lofty

CF Legend

Yeah, considering the park has another large coaster with 12 people per train, this isn't that bad.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Lofty said:
Yeah, considering the park has another large coaster with 12 people per train, this isn't that bad.

Krake has 3 rows of 6, not that the Germans seem to notice this and were obsessed with the front row...

spicy

Giga Poster

Will be really interesting to see how this runs and if the shorter trains eliminates that drag affect that others have mentioned.

If it doesn't have the drag this will definately be the best wingrider yet as that is my major gripe with this coaster type.

Lofty

CF Legend

Nemesis Inferno said:
Lofty said:

Krake has 3 rows of 6, not that the Germans seem to notice this and were obsessed with the front row...

Ah yeah, sorry, I thought it only had 2 rows thanks for clearing that up :D . Still, this coaster has more and my point is still valid that it isn't that bad for a throughput.

Gazza

Giga Poster

Six-row trains may help it ride better, but won't the throughput be pretty appalling...?
Desert Race and Limit both have only 20 person trains, big Loop Runs with 24.

D1993

Hyper Poster

Well, I get the impression that Heide Park doesn't get overly busy all the time (someone correct me if I am wrong), and that they are not too concerned about capacity.
With only 2 trains and 24 people in each train, capacity is bound to be no more then 750 per hour at absolute best.
Which is kind of awful in the overall scheme of things, but perhaps for heide park it will do just fine.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

D1993 said:
Well, I get the impression that Heide Park doesn't get overly busy all the time (someone correct me if I am wrong), and that they are not too concerned about capacity.
With only 2 trains and 24 people in each train, capacity is bound to be no more then 750 per hour at absolute best.
Which is kind of awful in the overall scheme of things, but perhaps for heide park it will do just fine.

750 is still more than what Desert Race will give them...

Of course, factoring in German Efficiency ratios, it might well hit around 1'000pph... Especially as they shouldn't have the issues Krake had with row allocation...

_koppen

Hyper Poster

D1993 said:

The ride's capacity should be around 1200, similar to Dæmonen.

D1993

Hyper Poster

1200?
I would believe that if I ever saw it ....
I'm not saying that the capacity wouldn't be decent for heide park and better then alot of the rides they have there anyways, there is literally no way you would ever actually see 1200 riders per hour on this ride.
For example, gatekeeper, which has 32 people per train would see about 1000-1050 per hour (when we were running 2 trains and never stacking).
850-900 may be the theoretical capacity or so of this new wing rider, but in actual fact its more likely to see numbers close to high 700's.
Does anybody know what operations are heide park are like?

Ethan

Strata Poster

D1993 said:

You've never been to Germany, have you. Hahaha.

Darren B

Giga Poster

Ethan said:
D1993 said:

10,000 people per hour. And that's on a wild mouse.

Ok, so I'm exaggerating, but German operations are the best I've ever seen.

marc

CF Legend
Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

Ethan said:
D1993 said:

Bad at that park tbh. The stations are like a free for all and god help you if you want a drink or food.

Of all the German parks I've been to this was the worst run one, which is not really a shock seeing who runs it.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

Darren B said:
Ethan said:
D1993 said:

10,000 people per hour. And that's on a wild mouse.

Ok, so I'm exaggerating, but German operations are the best I've ever seen.

if history is any indication the Germans are very efficient at herding people where they want them to go

_koppen

Hyper Poster

One thing I really liked with Heide Park was the crew working on Krake. They were just so ridiculously effective. Sure the rest of the park's coaster had effective crews, but that crew were just insane.

D1993 said:
1200?
850-900 may be the theoretical capacity or so of this new wing rider, but in actual fact its more likely to see numbers close to high 700's.

We are talking about theoretical capacity, as the ride has not opened yet, and showed it's realistic capacity.
A theoretical capacity around 850-900 is achievable by coasters using 16-18 passenger trains. Sure track length and time spent on the lift has to be taken into account, but generally speaking.

I will however withdraw my previous guess of 1200, after some quick head calculations, and say that 1100 is more realistic in theoretical capacity of this new coaster.

A-Kid

Giga Poster

As someone with experience of realistic thru-puts, and knowing what Swarm effectively gets with a few more seats, I'd have to say I don't think this would average beyond the 900 - 1000pph range. The average gain is typically a hundred or so lower than the theoretical. That's also without stacking, running fast. Most of the large 2 train coasters I've operated average 850pph although very often get in the 900's.

I would guess a ride of this length could get 35 - 41 dispatches each hour based on this being a similar length to other merlin coasters (around 40 - 50 seconds free-roll, not taking into account environmental, load or mechanical conditions which can give you up to +/- 5 secs).

Jared

Hyper Poster

The Swarm got 1200 per hour quite often this past season, so it'll be interesting how a ride which is slightly shorter and less seats will do.

Less seats = less bar checks.
Less bar checks = faster dispatches.
Faster dispatches = higher throughput.
(Generally speaking of course)

Darren B

Giga Poster

A-Kid said:
As someone with experience of realistic thru-puts, and knowing what Swarm effectively gets with a few more seats, I'd have to say I don't think this would average beyond the 900 - 1000pph range

No disrespect but you work at Thorpe Park, you don't have any experience of realistic thru-put ;)

I've never seen Thorpe get close to what I saw at the German parks. At Thorpe it's always the same process; the riders take their seats, pull down their restraints, then there's a pause for 2-3 minutes whilst the ride-ops talk **** to each other and faff about, only then will they check your restraints and dispatch the train.

In Germany the process is so much quicker and much more efficient. I'd take a bet now that the Heide wing coaster will have a better throughput than The Swarm, even with the smaller trains.

Ben

CF Legend

I'm with Marc, the rest of Germany is great for this sort of thing, but, not Heide Park.

But, I mean, really, who gives a ****?