What's new

Heide Park | Flug Der Dämonen | B&M Wing Coaster

marc

CF Legend
Re: Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

Darren they were no faster loafing their Rita clone than Alton.

The layout on this is longer than The Swarm so that will help getting the 2nd train ready and less stacking, not that there is much on The Swarm.

Darren B

Giga Poster

Ben said:
But, I mean, really, who gives a ****?

This.

Admittedly I contributed to the throughput conversation, but what a **** boring discussion.

The layout looks good, the theming is looking promising, and it'll ride mediocre/good just like The Swarm. I don't give a **** what the throughput will be like as I'm going in May when it'll be dead.

Marc, I haven't been to Heide before, I'm well aware that it's owned by Merlin, does that really wipe out the whole notion of German efficiency? If it does then Merlin are destroying countries, not just days out.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

marc said:
Darren they were no faster loafing their Rita clone than Alton.

The layout on this is longer than The Swarm so that will help getting the 2nd train ready and less stacking, not that there is much on The Swarm.

Desert Race (and Rita) can't ever really be pushed for throughputs though, considering by the time the second train is in the station beginning loading the train on the track has finished...

Heide is bad compared to the likes of Europa, but then they're still better than most parks...

Taxi

Mega Poster

I wonder how that speed hill will fare? Probably zero airtime with these new vests, which restrict all mobility. Those vests restricted me from feeling anything but positive G's on GateKeeper.

marc

CF Legend
Heide Park | Unknown | B&M Wing Coaster

Yep which is why I said the length of the layout will help.

Darren people who went before Merlin took over said it used to be a lot better, I can only go on their word.

Queuing 30 mins for a drink just done my head in seeing how hot it was there. I was not to only person not impressed that day before people say it's just me complaining :)

What probably did not help us was two big rides were down most of the day.

I just don't like the way when you get to the station it's a free for all.

A-Kid

Giga Poster

That aggravates me. No experience with thru-puts. Most of my team and I try our **** hardest to get the trains out. Most of the time we do. I am one that gets excited by thru-puts working out many ways to improve them. Its all down to the Operator timing/actually watching and understanding the ride and making announcements telling people how to sit in a seat... This is how we find out Stealth can do a realistic 1164pph. It just takes a little effort. It just we that try are overshadowed on other teams with useless tits that don't give one. But you will get them at every park. If they faff on my ride, and they don't improve they get put in the bag room, or whatever non critical position if poss.

This ride, with little doubt will be efficient. If it gets 900pph the queue will move and that all that really matters for any of us.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

The ride have a theoretical capacity of 1060/pph if anybody still cares, according to Heide's website.

Nemesis Inferno said:
Heide is bad compared to the likes of Europa, but then they're still better than most parks...

This. Compare Heide Park to Europa Park then Heide is not even close.
Compared to the rest of the park's I did in Germany, I thought Heide Park was definitely on the same level as the others.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ That sounds far more realistic. At absolute best, if hitting theoretical capacity, it barely manages to skim into the thousands. But when pencil comes to paper I doubt it will be much higher then 900 ..... which sounds so, so awful to me. Hopefully the park doesn't get that busy?
And I don't understand why some people are saying they don't care about the through-puts. Why would you not? :S
An efficient and fast moving crew which constantly pushes to move people in and out is the greatest form of guest service I can think of. When I'm in line, all I want is for the bloody line to move as quickly as possible and to get on the ride, it's so simple.
And I had heard many times that Europa was brilliant with operations, but I have not heard much at all about Heide.

Taxi said:
I wonder how that speed hill will fare? Probably zero airtime with these new vests, which restrict all mobility. Those vests restricted me from feeling anything but positive G's on GateKeeper.

Aha! I am glad you mentioned that. Starting at the beginning of September, all of gatekeeper's vests were modified so that they will stretch the entire duration of the ride. It has become what has to be one of my favourite restraint systems, period.
Don't get me wrong, I hated them the way they were before, but with this new change, it effects the ride experience drastically. You get tossed around with fun forces the whole time and the airtime hill on GK is delicious. I was hoping they would make these changes to all the other existing wing riders and future rides using these restraints ie Banshee.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster

^According to wiki the park does about 2.1 million guests. That's the size of a standard 6F. 900 an hour should be fine during day-to-day operation. May be tough during the opening weeks but should be OK in the long run.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

rtotheizzo17 said:
^According to wiki the park does about 2.1 million guests.

Wikipedia is usually pretty accurate for those kind of numbers, but the theme park attendance report says that Heide Park did 1,3 million guests in 2012, which was down 7% from 2011.

Ethan

Strata Poster

"Flight of the Demons"... Meh.
Hopefully the trains won't actually be the same as Swarm's, but seeing as Raptor and Swarm used the same mould, I think they will.

andrus

Giga Poster

^They will be the same, just with the added fangs.

1385601_241879475966563_415406368_n.jpg

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Some may say it's lazy (which is probs is)

But I quite like how similar all the merlin wingcoaster trains are. I see them as a series of coasters, and atleast they're not clones. It's similar to the whole Rita-Stealth Nemesis- Nemesis Inferno thing. From an enthusiasts point of view they're quite nice to compare, as they are all different but have enough similarity to be grouped together (the similarity here, being the car moulds). I'm sure everyone will have their favourite "Merlin wing-coaster", or even their favourite variation of the trains.

I personally think this one looks the best, it has the big striking elements of The Swarm, with the theming immersion of Raptor (I hope). I may get slated for being pro-merlin, but dispite the negativity they get for lack of originality by repackaging concepts for each park, I quite enjoy the little things they do to give each one it's own personality.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Or it's most likely simply the fact that developing the tooling required for a different mold costs a hell of a lot of money.