What's new

Heide Park 2012

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
65700_10150592230621629_120907856628_8810842_210294740_n.jpg

Theming is coming along rather nicely.

nadroJ

CF Legend
It is cool, but I still think it is weird. It's like the Krake and the ship have gone through Seth Brundle's telepod and this is the result. It doesn't look like a sea monster attacking a ship, it looks like the ship is its body lol.

Lofty

CF Legend
nadroJ said:
It is cool, but I still think it is weird. It's like the Krake and the ship have gone through Seth Brundle's telepod and this is the result. It doesn't look like a sea monster attacking a ship, it looks like the ship is its body lol.
Thank god, at least other people agree. Be careful though, UC might be on the war-path for anyone that doesn't agree with him and his views.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Meh, it really doesn't matter. It's awesome, people get too hung up on details, pah, I don't know how else they'd do it.

All I'll say is it need more smashing wood round the mouth and round the tentacles to make it look more dynamic. But they're not finished yet, so yunno.

nealbie

CF Legend
I don't see an issue in general, we don't even need to get as far as anatomical correctness (and as UC's also said, it's a fictional creature anyway). But do we not simply have the sense to say, logically, that the beast is now inside the now airborne ship and wrapping its tentacles around it?

No? Fair enough.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I can see what they're going for and it's certainly some of the most impressive theming I've seen on a 'big' coaster in a long time, there's no denying that. I think it's just the placement of the mouth, looks strange. But then I suppose they get away with that because, as previously said, it is a mythical creature and therefore imaginations can run wild because there's no 'textbook' shape it must adhere to.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
It might have looked better if the ship was perpendicular to the creature, but that would have likely put the ship in the way of the other part of the track...

It's a fantastic level of theming not often seen on major coaster installations.

Lofty

CF Legend
UC said:
I'm sorry, Lofty, was there something about my opinion that bothered you? Other than the fact it pointed out the obvious that the park likely isn't overly concerned about anatomical correctness of a fictional creature, and that it looks great even if you amateur biologists disagree?

I just find it completely hilarious how I'm "just giving my logical and usually right viewpoint" (along the lines of something you said) when you agree with me, but the minute I choose to counter your opinion (like we all do to each other sometimes), it's suddenly that I'm on a personal "war path" and big, bad UC is hurting everyone's feelings.

Give it a rest, and stop being so sensitive.
Ha. I was being sarcastic, I'm not sensitive in the slightest, I have to deal with my ideas and thoughts being ridiculed on a daily basis in my job. You're nothing compared to a manager of an Entertainment Group (in terms of affecting my emotions).

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
rollermonkey said:
It might have looked better if the ship was perpendicular to the creature, but that would have likely put the ship in the way of the other part of the track...

It's a fantastic level of theming not often seen on major coaster installations.

Agreed on both fronts. It's great theming, but it does look like the monster is a monster/ship hybrid.

I think it's because, from the side, the ship is "curved". Naturally it has to be to safely fit the track, but it does make it look more like this combo Krip or Shake or whatever the beastly concoction is ;)

bob_3_

Giga Poster
428238_10150602368421629_1933745418_n.jpg

OM NOM NOM

No wonder they didn't have time to complete the theming last year! It's a mammoth job!

Ethan

Strata Poster
I thought it's a different mouth because the original one did not quite meet the safety requirements in size, or something like that.

Lofty

CF Legend
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsDDXGLquDY[/youtube]

It looks AMAZING when it bursts out the ship with the Splash Down!

EDIT:

Also, if anybody wants the compete soundtrack of the Coaster & Scare Attraction, it's embedded below;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_osdJloIx4[/youtube]