What's new

Heide Park 2012

ry1996

Mega Poster
That Statue of liberty does not fit in there, it looks very out of place.
And why are they debuting a Krake website now ?

spicy

Giga Poster
Yeah I agree the statue of liberty there just looks weird. If it is to theme a whole new area (which would be a HUGE area) why not wait untill its actually being constructed/finished rather than randomly putting it there now..?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Krake website was about last year... Just updated because of the maze...

That staute looks AWFUL... People say Swarm's plane is plonked down...

Martyn B

CF Legend
Its started.....

38869310150425671336629.jpg

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I agree with the comments about the placing of the statue, but I'm sure it'll make more sense once it's all complete? :?

Lofty

CF Legend
Does anybody know if that rather large building near the ride's station is going to be used as the Scare Attraction? If so, it's actually a very reasonable size!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Oh my days. Could this actually be better than Oblivion? :?

Martyn B

CF Legend
^^ Theming wise, possibly, but I dont think you can beat dropping into a hole at a (near) vertical angle!

Lofty

CF Legend
I can't wait to see it completed.

They're also advertising for actors:

404967_10150501133411629_120907856628_8537794_1625722714_n.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing everything competed. Including the attraction. They've got the money to make it amazing.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Little bit confused as to how the mouth will fit on, but the enclosed space is looking nice and tight. Perhaps moreso than Oblivion!

432353_10150537665271629_120907856628_8639078_834828013_n.jpg

From their facebook page.

Darren B

Giga Poster
This.Looks.Fit.

Heide have done a great job with this ride, To think we got Saw when we could have had this. Makes me sad.

Darren B

Giga Poster
UC said:
To think we got Saw when we could have had this.

What?

I'm not implying that Thorpe made a direct choice between this and that. I'm saying with the rides similarities it's a shame they couldn't have thought this up back in the planning stages for Saw, I mean, put Krake in Saw's location by the lake, It work's doesn't it.

But UC, it was a passing comment, I'm not trying to spam up the topic with a 2 page discussion about 'should they have built x instead of y?'

Darren B

Giga Poster
UC said:
Okay, well, by your logic...

"It's too bad you have Saw when you could have had iSpeed."

"It's too bad you have Saw when you could have had Balder."

"It's too bad you have Saw when you could have had Fahrenheit."

"It's too bad you have Saw when you could have had SheiKra."

"It's too bad you have Saw when you could have had Piraten."

Glad you get my point UC, It was purely a passing/throw away comment.

My actual post was passing on my appreciation for the ride/park, and what they have accomplished.

Darren B

Giga Poster
^ "It's too bad we got Saw when we could have had I305, y'know, it would have been great to have completed all those high speed turn's over the lake and all that jazz <//3"

Anyway's..

I agree with your point about them actually completing the work, after the setback which occured during the construction phase this is great news. So now it's happening, how will it affect the splashdown element? obviously they always planned to combine the two, but will it work differently now?