What's new

Fluch von Novgorod, Eurofighter, Hansa Park

The lift hill looks tiny! I suppose it doesn't really need to be tall though with the launch and everything. Can't wait to ride this in the Summer!

2009-02-10_IMG_7919.jpg

Nice little shot there.

2009-02-17_IMG_7999.jpg

Latest image from the site, of the station it seems.

^Hey me too!

This is going to be soooo good! Every time I look at this coaster it makes me want to ride more and more. I keep forgetting it has a launch too.

This photo's confusing me:-

2009-02-16_IMG_7982.jpg

The left-hand tunnel is almost blocked off - just a bit of room there (see Dave's post above) - why do that?

^ Yeah that seems a bit strange, maybe a nice hill over that section of the station. Since it's on the way back to the station, and the other side is the launch.

^ Well, Slayed means that you will be coming with speed out of the left tube and they have put a wall in the way.

Are you sure you've got the launch around the right way? I was sure you were launched in that left tunnel up into the 90* banked top hat turn thingy.

That way a sharp flat turn could be put in just before the wall.

^ Nope that turn is after the lift. The LSMs are on the right side (seeing from that direction).

layout.jpg

This layout corresponds well to images from the Kataplektor site.

EDIT:

There are a few more images on the Kataplektor site, and they have extended the wall so that it cover both tunnels.

2009-02-18_IMG_8028.jpg

Source

But I have a feeling that the station will be on the second floor with a drop out of the station just like that on Lynet. Same thing goes for the brakes with a small hill into the main brake-run.

dag1_37.jpg

See the drop out of the station.

Fair enough, but wasn't that layout just a guess, done by an enthusiast months before construction even began? :?

Either way, it seems wierd to me for what looks to be the tallest part of the ride (the banked turn thing) to be the last element just before the breaks.

^^ Well that layout is just a month old really, and there were stuff installed long before then.
They haven't installed the top hat yet (some of it's supports are visible next to the drop), so we don't know how high it will be.

^ More or less yes, but this coaster isn't just about all out speed, but also is going to tell a story. Just compare it to Mystery Mine, that after it big drop does the 1 inline - immelmann combo and then just hit the brakes.

^That entire last section looks to be in the dark too! :)

There's still a lot of work to go on this, it's a beast of a project.

It looks so tight through the corners in buildings! I love it! (well as much as a human can love several hundred tonnes of steel :wink: )