What's new

Fluch von Novgorod, Eurofighter, Hansa Park

There's no doubt about it that this will truly be a great ride. Too bad I will probably never ride it.

That tunnel on the inside looks like one of THE moments on the ride.

More photos:-

2009-02-06_IMG_7795.jpg

2009-02-06_IMG_7811.jpg

http://www.kataplektor.de/building-blog/photo-gallery/photo-gallery.html

IIRC there are windows in the dividing wall between the two tunnels, and that looks like the station going up?

Launch on the left, brake run on the right? If that final brake run is in the dark too, I guess it'll be hitting it at speed.

^ The only thing I have seen is a rendering that was done some time ago by a enthusiast.

layout.jpg

A lot of pieces have been added to the track since this was made.

Available from: Hapa-Forum

I think they're keeping the layout back on purpose, adds to the interest as more track goes up. Nice tactic :).

Don't forget it's over 50% in the dark.

Peter said:
It doesn't look that tall, but I suppose with a 60mph launch too it doesn't need to be. Is it just me, or does it look wider (ie the gap between the lift hill and the drop) than most other Eurofighters?
Take a look:-

fvnspeed2wf4.jpg

The angles are different, but I think you may be right - they state on the website that the car will stop before the drop, so maybe they've made a little more room for some mechanics at the top (there certainly appears to be a wheel there which Speed doesn't have).

It's never as tall as Speed's lift hill though. RCDB says Novgorod is 131', and Speed 115', so it must be that first post-launch turn?

But the lift hill will be enclosed eventually, so it'll feel like 400' anyway :p.

It might just be the picture but it looks like the track after the drop in lower than the track at the start of the lift hill.

Go to the hompage, convert to English and look for the "forum experts" link.