What's new

Fluch von Novgorod, Eurofighter, Hansa Park

I love the look of this coaster! I've been following construction from day 1 and it just gets better and better. The layout looks cool and already the theming looks like it's going to be amazing. It also has some nice terrain to work with and the fact sections will be indoor just make it all that much better, like that tight tunnel and the high banked turn.

I hope the whole banked turn is enclosed, looks like it might be.

Sure looks allot better than Thorpes!

Erm, this looks ****ing brilliant.

Most certainly shaping up to be better than Saw. I'll let you know in August!

A new picture has been posted on TPR, just shows that they have enclosed more of the track which looks really awesome:

7896.jpg

My god, I can iamgine this coaster being fantastic when its all complete, lets hope for some animatronics and not just still theming!

A couple of new images!!

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

Looks like they are adding some more tunnels <3

Lol at those trailers! Sounds like Borat when he says 2Will you really take the challenge" Anyways this is looking like a great additions to anypark! And Im loving the tunnel! Ace!

Thanks for linking these loefet. The drop outside the building looks gorgeous. Bloody gorgeous.

Anyway, I wish I hadn't fallen in love with this coaster as I don't want to read about it so I can make dirty, sleezy love to it in July. But I can't stop myself.

Ian said:
Thanks for linking these loefet. The drop outside the building looks gorgeous. Bloody gorgeous.

I *think* that the drop coming out of the building might actually be going the other way. It looks like from that wide angle picture a few pages ago ago that the train is going to launch up into the building, like a mini top hat banked on it side. :?

Anyone know any stats for the size of the lift hill? I don't think we've seen any pictures of it, and RCDB gives the maximum height of 130', but doesn't state where in the ride it occurs. If the lift is 130' tall, then the ride is going to be epic! 60mph launch followed by the tallest Eurofighter lift hill, which will easily give it another 60mph+. Its looking like it will take half an hour to complete the layout. :p

All it needs now is a dark pre-lift/launch section to tell the story (which will hopefully be understandable in English!)

Great images!

The level of theming is just so amazing!

Pitty alot of other parks don't seem to take note of this style of coaster...

Major update time!!

A few new images from the Fluch from Novgorod project page.

2009-02-02_IMG_7726.jpg

Almost looks like you are going to get launched up this hill, it also looks like they will add a tunnel up the hill as well :)

Click for more pictures: http://www.kataplektor.de/bau-blog/fotogalerie/

Found a bunch of interesting pictures at Hapa-forum:

From a few days ago, lift hill parts: Click

Also a few pictures from today showing that they have added LSM segments to for the launch (last picture): Click.

This ride is the dirty bitch of the Gerstlauer family, constantly teasing and is gonna ride ever so well.

THis looks like a candidate for a new Top Ten Ride for me. I'm supremely jealous at those going on the Denmark live.

<3 Gerstlauer.

To get a hint of the layout then this quote from the Kataplektor webpage could help you with that.
Kataplektor said:
Der "Fluch von Novgorod" - Wollen Sie es wirklich wagen?

Das sollten Sie, denn der neue Launched Euro-Fighter katapultiert sie
in eine andere Dimension des Achterbahnvergnügens. Der Launch -
erstmalige eingesetzt bei der Achterbahn Euro-Fighter - schießt sie
über einen Top Hat ins Freie. Nach der Steilkurve folgt mit dem
"Buchtknoten", welcher in einer Heartline-Rolle endet, eine neue
Fahrfigur.

Damit nicht genug, gewinnt das Fahrzeug über den Euro-Fighter
typischen Senkrechtlift nochmals an Höhe, bevor das Finale in der
Dunkelheit folgt.

Verfolgen Sie die spannende Geschichte des Launched Euro-Fighters
"Fluch von Novgorod" auf www.kataplektor.de.
Translation (rough) said:
The "curse of Novgorod" - Would you really dare?

You should, because the new launched Euro-Fighter will catapult you
into another dimension of the roller coaster fun. The Launch, first time
it's implemented on a Euro-Fighter, will shoot you over a Top Hat that
will bring you outside. After the steep curve follows the "bay knot"
which ends in a heartline roll, a new kind of layout.

This is not enough, the car will travel to new heights up a typical
Eurofighter vertical lift, before the final part of the ride that will follow
in darkness.

Follow the exciting story of the Euro-Launched Fighters
"Curse of Novgorod" on www.kataplektor.de
Sound's like a real interesting coaster, and will probably give Mystery Mine a run for it's money and also leave Saw in the dust.