What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Oh dear. I can see both sides of this argument.
Did i find them amusing? yes. Would I have posted them here? probably not.
We live in a world where Cards Against Humanity is a thing and is much worse than this. But to be fair this a public forum where anyone can see this. If you are going to post holocaust puns in a public forum please don't be offended when people are offended by them. Some people especially will have very pertinent reasons to be so.
And while there is room to have a well reasoned debate about this. This is perhaps not the thread to do it in :)

More on topic. Since Vekoma started using their new software and track production methods they are hitting it out the park. Lech Coaster, Formula One, The Energylandia Hyper proposal, the Fantawild looper, the Firestorm model.... and that is in less than two years. Those in the know have seen the new SLC model and some other concepts which apparently carry on this trend. I think I may be more excited about Vekoma than about Intamin and B&M right now....

that sounds so weird

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Right, that's enough of that. Whilst I personally have no issue with the jokes, a discussion on what's acceptable or not is not meant for this topic. Thanks.

I think roomraider is right:
Since Vekoma started using their new software and track production methods they are hitting it out the park. Lech Coaster, Formula One, The Energylandia Hyper proposal, the Fantawild looper, the Firestorm model.... and that is in less than two years. Those in the know have seen the new SLC model and some other concepts which apparently carry on this trend. I think I may be more excited about Vekoma than about Intamin and B&M right now....

that sounds so weird
I really do feel like Vekoma are being re-born, and at the moment appear to be being more innovative than most other manufactures on the market (I say "most" as I think RMC and Mack are also being pretty creative). B&M and Intamin are, for a good time yet, still going to be the masters of the huge hardware. Their coasters are great, but when was the last time we saw something genuinely innovative from B&M, rather than just a good, solid, coaster that's just a re-work of a previously tried concept? Fury? Starry Sky Ripper? Thunderbird?

Vekoma are really setting themselves up well for the next 5-10 years. This is just the start.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Their coasters are great, but when was the last time we saw something genuinely innovative from B&M, rather than just a good, solid, coaster that's just a re-work of a previously tried concept? Fury? Starry Sky Ripper? Thunderbird?.

Maybe this little thing that opened in Osaka last year? https://rcdb.com/12959.htm I know some people on this site that were able to ride it, aren't overall fans of the Flying Coaster genre..... but I think that looks like a truly spectacular coaster and probably the best flyer built. It's also far different than say SUF and it's 3 clones, or the ride in China that looks nearly a clone (Harpy?) Dino also brought elements not really seen on a flyer before and based off the photos of the wait time sign, it was incredibly well received at the park. Photos showing "12 hour" waits?!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Maybe this little thing that opened in Osaka last year? https://rcdb.com/12959.htm I know some people on this site that were able to ride it, aren't overall fans of the Flying Coaster genre..... but I think that looks like a truly spectacular coaster and probably the best flyer built. It's also far different than say SUF and it's 3 clones, or the ride in China that looks nearly a clone (Harpy?) Dino also brought elements not really seen on a flyer before and based off the photos of the wait time sign, it was incredibly well received at the park. Photos showing "12 hour" waits?!
Maybe I should have been a bit more select with my words. Although I did give three examples of the more innovative B&Ms of late. You know what I mean. ;)

This is very exciting!

Ben

CF Legend
I really love Flyers I'm a massive fan of them, but Flying Dinosaur was absolutely awful. The time flying is good but there's too much on your back and it's too intense. Starry Sky Ripper? Fab. Manta? Fab. Tardy? Incredible. FD was poo.

But if the 'last time' was Fury and Thunderbird... mate they are only two years old.

Lofty

CF Legend
Those waits were evidently tripled from their actual times in order to generate sales of fast passes ;)

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Those waits were evidently tripled from their actual times in order to generate sales of fast passes ;)
Yeah, I assumed there was something off about that. kinda why I put it in quotes. But that would still be a 4 hour wait. ha

I really love Flyers I'm a massive fan of them, but Flying Dinosaur was absolutely awful.
And that sucks to hear since to me it looks like such an awesome ride and for sure something to add to my bucket list. I really like Manta and Tatsu but hate the 3 SUF's. And oddly enjoy Air

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I thought I'd make a separate topic for this since it is a major coaster, and the only major ride known to be opening at the park in 2018.

From now on can we use this thread to talk about this coaster, and use the other thread to talk about the other rides in the park expansion. :)

JKM

Mega Poster
Some of visuzalizations made for Speed. As we know EL, the area near water coaster will be far more different in reality than on this pictures.

IHQ2h5T.jpg

wGBbZkG.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Some of visuzalizations made for Speed. As we know EL, the area near water coaster will be far more different in reality than on this pictures.

I wonder if the artist ever considered that maybe the ride's lift and drop ought to be connected to its station somehow?

Lofty

CF Legend
I hope so or there'll be a lot of injured people ;)

This is a direct clone of DiVertical at Mirabilandia.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
So that's 12 creds including this, the Water Coaster and the Intamin Mega, and there's plenty of room for expansion. Not long until it eclipses Europa's 13.