What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

Olaf

Mega Poster
I am quite sure they didn't do that on purpose. In fact, thus just jiggled around with the track at the second half, that part doesn't even represent one of the layouts, the only thing that makes it looks like the Vekoma is the turnaround

Verstuurd vanaf mijn WAS-LX1A met Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
How do Intamin water coasters compare to Mack water-coasters? I've never done Divertical - but I've always thought it LOOKED really impressive - so interesting to hear its actually rubbish .
It's really boring. The lift is the most fun part of the entire ride.

Something weird I noticed on the 2017 map of the park is that the hyper coaster appears to feature the Vekoma layout:-

https://energylandia.pl/en/map-of-the-park-lupa/
Look at the SLC... It's a ****ing park map, not a site elevation.

JKM

Mega Poster
Some nwes about EL:
- Speed has some problems, as I understand, made by Intamin or one of subcontractor.
- Mega coaster's construction works should start in this month.
- there are two tenders for 2020 for new coaster, one wooden with at least three inversions and second for " water launched coster " with two launch sections and at least five inversions.

Lofty

CF Legend

JKM

Mega Poster
I already heard about EnergyLandia planning a wooden coaster a few years ago. I searched again and found this from 2015: http://www.parkerlebnis.de/energylandia-holzachterbahn-ankuendigung_17208.html

According to the article there was indeed already two years ago a wooden coaster in the planning. Most like a Gravity Group one though I am afraid.
Indeed, EL wanted to have woodie back in 2015, but they dropped that plans for some resons. They made EnergyLab instead and worked on "special wooden material"... So we can assume they succeed :)

There is also 3rd coaster announced for 2020- Mine train type.

Lofty

CF Legend
Ugh, why are they just throwing stuff in continuously, meaning we need to keep popping back to Poland.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
I remember hearing that they bought a 'Big Fun' from GCI back at EAS 2015. Those plans apparently didn't work out...
Was starting to wonder what was going on with that Intamin hyper. It's Good to hear that something will happen soon, but surely it won't be ready for spring?

Pear

Strata Poster
Surely not all three of these projects are for 2020 right? Are they trying to choose between them? I hope we don't end up with a minetrain over a potential RMC or new type of water coaster.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
It was my understanding the park never agreed to buy a wooden coaster back in 2015 but instead signed a Memoriam Of Understanding with GCI that if they did buy a wooden coaster GCI would supply it. Of course MOU's are non binding agreements so doesn't mean they haven't changed their minds since.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
- there are two tenders for 2020 for new coaster, one wooden with at least three inversions and second for " water launched coster " with two launch sections and at least five inversions.
I don't know if I'd rather have the water coaster purely out of curiosity :p

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
there are two tenders for 2020 for new coaster, one wooden with at least three inversions and second for " water launched coster " with two launch sections and at least five inversions.
If any park will get the later of the two, it would be Cedar Point ;)
But on a more serious note, the Wooden one would be perfect for the park. A "Launched Water Coaster", well, you just described two of the rides there (Speed and Formula.)

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, Memorandum of Understanding (Deal Memorandum) documents are literally a 'gentleman's handshake' on paper, they mean absolutely nothing.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Yep. This. I deal with mining companies every day who are eager to tell me about how amazing their new project is based on an MOU for sale of goods still in the ground. Nah mate.