What's new

Diamondback - B&M Hyper for Kings Island

^Agreed

SFOGRICH; you can probably consider this an out and back. Nitro's considered an out and back, and it's about as twisted as this.

^Sort of, in the sense that it's set back in a forest and has a twisted out and back layout.
But it also has longer trains and no MCBR so the airtime will most likely be at least a little bit stronger.

^ It does have a MCBR, and a similar layout to Nitro, though more compact and an obvious different ending.

In an update, if you click back on over the kidiamondback.com and see the webcam, you can see they are bringing out the big crane for the continual construction of the lift hill. You can also see the progressive raising of more supports.

I will be back in Kings Island next hopefully October 4th for Halloween Haunt, and will hopefully bring back some more construction pictures.

Ha, oh yeah wow it does, my bad.

Anyway, I need some help understanding how this is gonna worok because this pic is really confusing me...

http://www.kiextreme.com/gallery/displa ... 345&pos=10

Is that the pullout of the first drop which shouldn't be going towards the splash down? Or did they go a little far with the yellow supports and that's the start of the second hill...

I'm watching the webcam right now, and every time it refreshes, the crane moves, so I'm thinking there's going to be some more supports or even track coming up soon.

Main site update.

http://www.kidiamondback.com/public/lat ... nstruction

And track installation.

dimondbackupdate1vx5.png

McDonalds-esque colours </3

Actually, McDonalds colours are clearly awesome now that I work there.

Anyway, haven't checked this topic in a while, but it seems they're making some quick progress. I do like the colours, but I still have no idea why they have decided to throw in a yellow support here and there. The splashdown looks like it'll be a cool touch though!

Lift hill construction should start next week with the highest piece in place by the end of the week. Kind of interesting that the last piece of track installed will connect the break run to the splashdown. Maybe they are planning to invite the media for the last piece or its just a matter of that being the easiest piece to line up to complete the circuit.
http://www.wlwt.com/news/17452194/detail.html

^ I don't think they actually mean vertical drops in a 90* sense, I think they are just trying to highlight the number of drops on the ride.

It is rather careless writing though, as it gives off the wrong impression to those in the public who still don't know what to expect from Diamondback. It seems that generally, the media is terrible at conveying accurate information about coasters yet to open.

madhjsp said:
It is rather careless writing though, as it gives off the wrong impression to those in the public who still don't know what to expect from Diamondback. It seems that generally, the media is terrible at conveying accurate information about coasters yet to open.

Yeah, that's what I meant. There are quite a few Vertical and Beyond vertical coasters out there now, and I'm sure the GP would understand what the term vertical drop meant. It just gives of the wrong impression.

That's the media for you...

^Bad camera. :lol:

But isn't this the exact same thing you posted six posts above?

Anyways, I look forward to the first pics of the train splashing down on that track.

It's most likely the sun/glare at that time of day.

And I'm really interested to see how it will look in real life and it will probably bite the front of the train pretty hard since it'll already be pretty much leaving the splash area when the scoops on the back of the train hit the water. Also, is there gonna be a splash zone on this one like SheiKra and Griffon have or just the viewing area where the updates are being taken from?

^Doubt it. It looks like it will just be a splash.. not where anyone can actually get wet.. based on the placement in the park.

Oh that sorta sucks.
At least the grass around it will get a good watering every 2-3 minutes.

For those who haven't seen it yet, but the taller lifthill supports are rising. You can see on the webcam, the large beams just coming into the bottom of the screen.