What's new

Diamondback - B&M Hyper for Kings Island

SnooSnoo said:
Mike T said:
Saying a ride like Diamondback is going to suck before the thing is even open is the exact reason so many parks dislike enthusiasts. It makes you look like a spoiled brat and it reflects on others. I sincerely hope that this ride isn't being viewed as all about airtime by the majority of the folks who've seen the ride, because it's almost a slap in the face to judge it based on those characteristics alone...

Aww.. pardon big bad Snoo for judging a ride by how it looks. We are NEVER allowed to have our own opinions anymore!

Give me a break Mike, I will do as I please, if you like it or not or if a park likes it or not. I've been posting like this for ages and I've say it the same way forever. Saying it 'sucks' does NOT mean it will be terrible.

For instance, I say MF sucks all the time.. the big pile of rotting 310ft crap.. yet its my #19?

Hmm..

UC explained the rest..

Mike, sit down and quit your whining.

Sit down and quit the whining? Do you NOT realize what you've been doing for the past few pages? If you do as you please whether anybody likes it or not, I'd absolutely LOVE to watch you say those remarks to a General Manager or a designer. Really Marcus... you're a joke...

Honestly, MikeT, I'm not exactly sure what your issue is lately, but it seems as if you think CF should agree with you and you only, and that they're just bad people if they don't. I did, however, miss your earlier post...

So are you upset that I don't agree with half the things you say, like everybody else does? It certainly takes somebody like that to make those kinds of remarks, does it not? Try putting some common sense into the words you type, and maybe I'll start taking you seriously...

Ultimate Coaster said:
But I don't go around every topic telling Brian that he should shut up about it because he's blowing things out of proportion.

Whenever it comes up, I usually get it pointed to me that I'm wrong.

But either way, that doesn't matter here. I don't see how giving the ride any credit whatsoever is sucking up to it. I would think you could at least find one things that's good or interesting about it (besides being a good investment for KI), but I haven't seen any of that. It seems that you could come up with at least something worthwhile to say about the ride.

Well I nearly lost the will to live after 6 pages, so I'll try and make my thoughts clear cut. :lol:

After going to both Canada's Wonderland and Kings Island last year, I can honestly say that both parks had a very average selection of coasters (the Arrow suspended coasters at each probably being my faves at each.)

This is gonna be the best ride in the park. (I don't rate the Beast, or any of their other coasters in really high regard, but if you're that desperate to find out why PM me).

Some people will love it, but it's not gonna set everyone's world alight. I need mention no names, but that's just down to personal preference in rides.

I can't imagine it being up there in the same league as the better Intamin stuff I've been on (Balder, Piraten, Goliath, etc). Raging Bull was a real let down, but Hollywood Dream pleasantly surprised me (aided by a lot of really cool theming I should say). B&M's engineering is second to none in the coaster world, so although the airtime won't be rip-roaring, it's not gonna rip up the track or the supports either.

Next time I'm out that way, I can imagine having a pretty good time on it.

CedarPoint6 said:
Yeah.. because Nitro is exactly the same thing. Just wait until you've ridden it and then say something. I don't care if you say it sucks then, but at least wait until you've ridden it. (However, I can tell you for sure that the ride won't 'suck')

This ride is pretty damn close to Nitro. Aside from taking away the turned drops, it has basically the same elements. (Give another helix...but neither helix looks as good as Nitro's)

Apollo's Chariot is what B&M should aim for again. Smaller, but packs alot more of a punch and never lets up.

The one fault I have with most big hypers that B&M makes, it's the large size and slow pace that alot of them have.

Shockwave said:
Well I nearly lost the will to live after 6 pages, so I'll try and make my thoughts clear cut. :lol:

After going to both Canada's Wonderland and Kings Island last year, I can honestly say that both parks had a very average selection of coasters (the Arrow suspended coasters at each probably being my faves at each.)

This is gonna be the best ride in the park. (I don't rate the Beast, or any of their other coasters in really high regard, but if you're that desperate to find out why PM me).

Some people will love it, but it's not gonna set everyone's world alight. I need mention no names, but that's just down to personal preference in rides.

I can't imagine it being up there in the same league as the better Intamin stuff I've been on (Balder, Piraten, Goliath, etc). Raging Bull was a real let down, but Hollywood Dream pleasantly surprised me (aided by a lot of really cool theming I should say). B&M's engineering is second to none in the coaster world, so although the airtime won't be rip-roaring, it's not gonna rip up the track or the supports either.

Next time I'm out that way, I can imagine having a pretty good time on it.

Beautiful. That was one of the best posts I've read so far. Yet, saying that the rides are less than par at both parks and that this is going to be the best ride in the park isn't going to get us anywhere. To tell you the truth, I honestly don't understand what everybody's arguing about anymore. If it's about everybody's opinions, then people should realize that nobody's going to change their opinion. Let's get on with some actual construction. PLCP and I will post tomorrow with some updates.

rollerdude said:
If it's about everybody's opinions, then people should realize that nobody's going to change their opinion. Let's get on with some actual construction. PLCP and I will post tomorrow with some updates.

Amen and thank God. The last two pages of this thread are utterly worthless.
I check into this forum expecting pictures & construction updates and I get some childish argument about the definition of the word "suck." Really?
Save that for Polls & Opinions, please.

^ He's probably quite right. The last 2 pages haven't really done much for actually discussing the ride. So if anybody wants to keep up with those discussions (including me, since I helped contribute too), do it on PM please, or make a topic or something.

Only post if you have an actual update on something or if there's some sort of discussion or thought directly about the ride. Thanks!

A quick update from King's Island:

Diamondback Construction

Not much is going on. There is a crane, and various supports and track pieces around the work site. The brake shed is pretty much complete, but nothing else is being worked on. They started raising the turnaround supports later today. There's some track pieces lying behind Firehawk and some yellow supports lying somewhere else I forgot about. Hopefully they'll be working tomorrow so we can get pictures of actual progress.

This was also posted in my TR. We'll give another update tomorrow and post pictures later on.

This ride looks so sick. I'm hoping I can make a side trip to KI next year to check it out. My only real "gripe" is the lift support color, but that's just petty. I don't understand why it's done (same with Silver Bullet), but it's certainly not going to stop me from riding.

Only post if you have an actual update on something or if there's some sort of discussion or thought directly about the ride. Thanks!

The ride.. shall.. be.. crap.

Stop acting like 2 year olds.

Ok, you hate the coaster, it doesn't mean you have to be kicking and screaming about it the entire time.

Grow a pair and let's move on.

From a glance at the Diamondback webcam, you can see the brake shed going up, now including some flooring and more cross beams.

http://70.85.182.235/readImage.asp?dummy=1218903091292

Never said I hated it, more like it will be crap. I'll gladly ride it next summer.

But yes, how could I forget, my pointing out of my feelings towards a ride is complete blasphemy against the crown and anyone not feeling the same as the majority should be taking to Forum Fun and shot.

Ignoring the childish arguments, I'll just post a quick photo update...

See, same color!
IMG_7274.jpg

overview
IMG_7216.jpg

Station
IMG_7217.jpg

Brake Shed
IMG_7218.jpg

You've never seen this before...
IMG_7219.jpg

deep into the woods...
IMG_7220.jpg

and the signature angle...
IMG_7224.jpg

Ya, it is pretty stupid that they picked a similar color scheme to Fire Hawk...

Other wise, I don't think the ride looks half bad. (as I said before)
It's just nothing spectacular...

Hopefully it will give at least some sexy airtime!

Meh.. that seems to be something CF does more then it should. Certain color schemes, especially red, seem to be rampant in their parks.

God.. myself and Steve were discussing the best ones.. if this was black track/tan supports scheme.. much like Desert Race.. I would have to cream in my pants.

Even though there is a lot of red, at least a few of them, like Firehawk's, are very sexy.

^That would be sick! I also think white or gray track with (dark)purple supports or orange and navy, like Dominator's, would be really nice.

That is really an under used color in coasters. You just don't find the big ones with black in them.. and its a big shame, because it is beautiful.

^Khaki track, black supports (or vice versa), Intamin Mega. Would be the most beautiful coaster in the world.

Over to Diamondback, I somehow support UC and Snoo here. While I haven't ridden any B&M Megas yet, I think better about Intamin's Megacoasters for some reason. Piraten, for example, is smooth, strong, yet only 30 meters tall. B&M's sure look big, but there's something with them that I can't really define. They look... if not bad, then at least worse than Intamin's. And the most recent Intamin Megas has opened to rave reviews (Goliath WW, GeForce, S:ROS), while B&Ms have been described as more boring.

While searching for the facts above, I found out that Intamin has not made any Megas since 2003 (Thunder Dolphin), while B&M have made/are making 5 since then (Hollywood Dream, Diamondback, SilverStar, Goliath, Goliath). Why?

^ The Intamin Accelerator was introduced in 2002 and has been Intamin's most popular coaster since then.

Also you must understand, as cool as black track sounds, it is not as photogenic and lively as other color schemes, hence the reason for there being such a scarce supply of black tracked coasters.