What's new

Coasters only you seem to love

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
I like Volcano. Sure, it's short and the station is disgusting but it's still a very neat ride.
Predator also wasn't bad, even though it is, if you catch my drift.

Edward M

Strata Poster
JJLehto said:
I did love Disaster Transport <3

I am so glad that people love this ride! I like it more than Raptor and Wicked Twister. It was soooooo fun! The lights were on when I rode it. It was well themed for 80's cheese. I love bobsleds, and this is my favorite. Like Space mountain it felt fast! But it was actually slow. While La Vibora, a clone of DISpatch mASTER TRANSPORT at SFOT, felt very slow, this doesn't. Love it. #25 on my top list.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
wicked twister is awesome!

Anyway - mine include saw, gwazi, rita andI think goudurix might be in there too - only rode once, and sure it was bumpy with neck choppers, but that layout is cool - and just imagine how ace it would be if B and M made it!

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Wicked twister is great, though I fear lines will be much longer now with that area of the park actually being crowded thanks to Gatekeeper.

Not top 25, but Disaster Transport was good fun. Obviously a better ride replacing it, but a bit of me will miss it.

Max

Roller Poster
El Condor in Walibi Holland

The very first vekoma SLC, a lot of people hate it because of it's roughness. they slam their heads against the shoulder restraint's, but I don't because I'm too tall :p

This year however, Walibi decided to retrack it somehow, which made it better, especcialy in the front seat

Twn114

Roller Poster
I would say Saw at Thorpe, but it seems like there are a few other Saw fans out there! I do have a bit of a soft spot for Eurofighters, sure they can be and are quite rough but one that i really do like is Speed at Oakwood, The big first drop and that killer airtime hill!

Hutch

Strata Poster
Verbolten surprisingly ended up being my favorite coaster at BGW. One of the best themed rides I've ever been on! When I first visited Busch Gardens in March there were no lines, and all I wanted to do was keep riding this thing!

andrus

Giga Poster
Agreed, Verbolten was an ace ride! Tbh I thought it was the best coaster at Busch too. Everything else was a bit tame, nothing stand out if you know what I mean, just "ordinary" B&M stuff. While Verbolten was a fun surprice! A well themed ride, with some good action (especially the dark section) and some of the most gorgeous coaster trains ever!! <3

fefa

Mega Poster
The Big One at Blackpool ... ppl dont complain about being tossed around on wooden rides so why should I complain about being tossed around on a steel ride - it's part of the experience!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I do if the wooden ride hurts me as much as PMBO does :)

I'd rather PMBO gave me a fun experience (and with that awesome first drop and with what Steel Phantom proved, it could) than a painful one. I'll take pleasure over pain every time :)

Then again, I seem to be the only person who likes Hurler at King's Dominion :lol:

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
I'm a big Shockwave (Drayton Manor) fan. I've never understood the hate TBH. Where are else are you going to experience a Zero G while standing like that? ;)

bmac

Giga Poster
furie said:
Then again, I seem to be the only person who likes Hurler at King's Dominion :lol:

I enjoy Shockwave and Grizzly, but hate Hurler.

Another two rides I like that most people don't seem to is Great White @ Morey's Piers and Dragon Coaster @ Rye Playland

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
I suspect that I like Gemini at Cedar Point and Pandemonium at Six Flags Fiesta Texas way more than most people. The first is unique because most steel track on wood supports are just mine trains (something for the kids). The funny thing about the other is most spinning coasters are not really that great. They too are just something that looks a little more exciting for the kids. "Tony Hawk's Big Spin" as it once was called has a more interesting layout. RCDB calls this an "extended" model.