What's new

Coasters only you seem to love

Edward M

Strata Poster
I actually enjoyed Shockwave. It surprised me because on the back seat, I got ejector airtime on the first hill. It was marvelous. The loop was pretty good too, not like that piece of s**t Mantis. The Helix had nice Gs. It was fun and pretty intense. I think the bunny hills were meh but certainly not painful. So, I really liked it. I don't think I'll ride when I go back because I want to keep those positive memories. Who knows? Maybe I just had the one good ride it delivered.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
I'm not normally fond of stand-ups. I was to busy trying to avoid pain to enjoy Mantis, or Georgia Scorcher. There didn't seem to be any headrest or seat problems with Chang so I really liked it. Riding it again as Green Lantern seemed different but I still had fun. I didn't think much of Shockwave, but there was another one by Togo at Canada's Wonderland called SkyRider that was ok. It had double bunny hops at the end that gave an interesting lift.

scarywaffles

Roller Poster
I like Black Mamba in Phantasialand, Dueling Dragons ( yes, keep on using that old name, cuz the new one sucks) and Nemesis. as you may notice, I like heavily themed coasters because I think it adds to the overall atmosphere, experience and excitement. It's like " oh! so Nemesis is a trapped monster disturbed by the Alton towers now trying to start a chaos, so they tried to tie it down. Now what I see today is Nemesis being ridden by many coaster enthusiast! so cool !" something like that. Black Mamba really have an awesome sceneries, and the view as you queue is fantastic! it makes you wanna ride the coaster as quickly as possible! same as on Dueling dragons.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Pretty sure your not the only one who loves nemesis. Last I checked it had the highest number of members having it as their favorite coaster...

Edward M

Strata Poster
I seem to be the only one who thinks Vortex @ Kings Island is an unbelievable looper. It has a great first drop, smooth loops, nice scenery, and a perfect finale with a fantastic batwing and helix. Better than Wild Eagle IMO.

Pierre

Strata Poster
I like Boomerangs. I've only rode two... one that was in Denmark (that small park that's now closed) - and the one in Walibi Holland 'Speed of Sound' because its sound track is **** awesome.

So yeah, don't have a bad word to say about boomerangs me :)

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
Another ride is The Big One at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. I'm always pis$ing myself when going up that rattley lift hill in those tatty ride cars. Especially when the sand bags come out. But I always come off laughing

metalhead7

Mega Poster
I generally don't find coasters that are supposed to be painful all that bad, and then get sore after ones that are supposedly smooth. So woodies like The Wildcat at Hershey park are among my favorites.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I see to be the only who LOVES Mystery Mine. It is my second favorite looper (behind Maverick).

It is miles better than Wild Eagle (which in my opinion is kind of s**ty), and among the best themed roller coasters I've been on. I had more fun on this ride than on any other. It was a blast. Every second, I was smiling. It was also unbelievably smooth! I thought I was going to hate this ride! It ends up, it was smoother and better than another ride I found s**ty there, Tennessee Tornado. It had the second best drop (behind MF) I have ever been on (the first, smaller drop). Better than El Toro's, yes better than El Toro's. I loved the finale also, with the screen, the fire, the drop, and the inversions. I think it is perfectly paced, perfectly themed, and, best of all, a blast.

Better than Wild Eagle :roll: .

Edward M

Strata Poster
Good, Mystery Mine deserves all the love it can get! Also, if you do go to Kings Island (GOOOOOOOOOOO!). Be sure to ride the Beast (HOLY S**T IT'S AWESOME!!!), Vortex (ride 5:1 or you will despise it. Really, that seat is unbelievably smooth.), and Diamondback (the meh-est B&M Hyper I've ridden).

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I seem to be the only one who likes Wild Eagle and Mean Streak. I might also be the only enthusiast that likes Millennium Force. I also don't get why I'm the only one who's a huge fan of Afterburn at Carowinds.

Edward M

Strata Poster
2012Jarrett said:
I might also be the only enthusiast that likes Millennium Force.
:| Lots of enthusiasts have it as their favorite coaster, including myself

2012Jarrett said:
I seem to be the only one who likes Wild Eagle
:| Everyone else does. I'm the only who doesn't.

2012Jarrett said:
I also don't get why I'm the only one who's a huge fan of Afterburn at Carowinds.

:| Everyone is.

Snoo

The Legend
^That. Afterburn is one of my favorite Inverts.

As far as Mean Streak goes.. it is actually not bad when the trims are limited.. as it flies through that course. Otherwise? It sucks donkey balls.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
2012Jarrett said:
I seem to be the only one who likes Wild Eagle and Mean Streak. I might also be the only enthusiast that likes Millennium Force. I also don't get why I'm the only one who's a huge fan of Afterburn at Carowinds.

Isn't it more of a thing where compared to the general public that utterly adores that ride, it just is less interesting to us by comparison?

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
2012Jarrett said:
I seem to be the only one who likes Wild Eagle

I LOVE Wild Eagle. The first drop is great, the loop is very forceful, the zero g-roll is PERFECT. Lots of airtime on the zero g so don't think of it like a typical airtimeless zero g! The Immelmann is also pretty forceful, and the corkscrew does give you some awesome hang time! The airtime hill is great, the first helix I must admit is kinda forceless, but the second helix is the most forceful part of the ride. Plus it is a winged coaster so it's really unique. The seats are very comfortable and the color scheme is one of my favorites. Btw yesterday I got to ride it in the rain. :D

Before you say, "Hey! Mystery Mine is #6 in your signature! You obviously like it!"

I do like it. Well, only the indoor section, themeing, lift hills, and drops. Everything else is pointless and rough. Curse you for loving it and you should all be BURNED IN A FIRE. :p Just kidding.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
^Agree 100% about Wild Eagle. It's like my perfect coaster. If I had to make a coaster it'd be Wild Eagle. Perfect height, speed, inversions, smoothness, I love everything about it.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I feel I haven't gave Wild Eagle it's due. It is a great ride. It has a good drop, loop, and zero-G roll. It just didn't meet my expectations. It is at my 16 slot which is a compliment. It just isn't as good as it could be AND it doesn't really take advantage of the "Wing" aspect IMO.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
CoastingChris50 said:
^Agree 100% about Wild Eagle. It's like my perfect coaster. If I had to make a coaster it'd be Wild Eagle. Perfect height, speed, inversions, smoothness, I love everything about it.

I also forgot to mention that the view from the top of Wild Eagle is probably one of the best views I'll ever get from a coaster. I'm sure when I ride X-Flight (in the cards for 2014 because I loved Wild Eagle so much!) it might be a tad better as a coaster, but Wild Eagle will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart and childhood memories. Everything about it is perfect. Excellent coaster in the best amusement park in the world.

Edward M said:
It is miles better than Wild Eagle (which in my opinion is kind of s**ty), Better than Wild Eagle :roll: .

Also @Edward M, you say how it's number 16 in your count, but on the last page you call it ****. Am I the only one who notices him changing his top 10 over and over?