What's new

Coasters only you seem to love

Edward M

Strata Poster
^ what's wrong with that? Perhaps tomorrow, Wild Eagle will be my 29th. I have a differing opinion. Either way, it is my list so why care that I change my opinion?

Hutch

Strata Poster
Edward M said:
AND it doesn't really take advantage of the "Wing" aspect IMO.

Yeah. I haven't been on any Wingriders, and Wild Eagle does look like a pretty decent one, and something I'll have a fun time on. It's just that it's nothing too unique. I mean seriously, where are the keyholes?

Edward M

Strata Poster
Sanchezmran said:
Edward M said:
AND it doesn't really take advantage of the "Wing" aspect IMO.

Yeah. I haven't been on any Wingriders, and Wild Eagle does look like a pretty decent one, and something I'll have a fun time on. It's just that it's nothing too unique. I mean seriously, where are the keyholes?

Yeah, that was one problem I had with it. Couldn't it take some advantage of the "Wing" aspect?

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
^^^So me, CoastingChris50, and Jarret2012 rave about it and you immediatly bring it 13 spaces down and then the next day back up 13 spaces?

A 16/89 coaster rank isn't **** if your talking about that. A coaster at that rank is great fun but not the best thing ever. first you basically say, "MYSTERY MINE ROCKS WILD EAGLE IS ****" and now you basically say, "Wild Eagle is a great ride that is good fun. I like Mystery Mine a little better but Wild Eagle is pretty sexy".
See what I mean? I just get comfused if you like it or not.

On a different subject, I am 5 minutes from Wild Eagle :D

Edward M

Strata Poster
^ I just find it overrated, but it's a B&M Looper! I have to at least like it. I guess my dislike of it on the site was based off the love it gets. I just don't like it THAT much.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Wild Eagle is bound to drop in my count as well, but from what coasters I've been on I love Wild Eagle. After this summer my top 20-30 is gonna be totally different it won't change my opinion of Wild Eagle any. Everyone has different things they like on a coaster thats what the whole topic is about. There are so many coasters that are faster, taller, longer, and have more inversions then Wild Eagle I just love it because it's just good quality IMO.

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
^100% Agreed.

Also Chris, do you agree with me on how it is kind of odd that he changes his rankings so much? Make one and settle with one and then add more coasters you ride. Nothing wrong with it, just dosn't it comfuse you or have you not noticed?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Jason Voorhees said:
Edward M said:
^ what is your problem with me? Just let me have my opinion.

I never said your opinion was wrong, I respect it. You just change it all the time which I thought was odd.

Yeah, welcome to the real world - it's all shades of grey, not black and white. I don't have an "order" for my top ten (apart from Boulder Dash definitely at number one). It's impossible to do it because rides can differ so much from each other. You can't really compare a heavy G-Force B&M Multi-looper with an Intamin airtime machine. You may have loved both, but which one more? Well at the moment I love airtime, but in two weeks time my body may decide to prefer high-g. Then I may be in a really good and jolly mood for a bit, so "fun" coasters that make me laugh I'll think are better.

Opinions should always be in flux, it shows flexibility in your ability to deal with situations, moods and experiences. It doesn't matter if opinions change, as long as it's for good reason (not just "because somebody told you" - which is very different to "somebody else explained their point of view really well and seeing it in a different light I changed my opinion").

So yeah, carry on Edward, I completely understand why things can change even throughout a day, let alone over time when you're relying on memories and context of current experience.

Jer

Strata Poster
Hmm could have sworn I have responded to this thread, anyway.

I love Twister at Knoebels, it's fun, it's long, and yes it's overshadowed by the amazing Phoenix, but we shouldnt look down upon Twister.

If Twister isn't obscure enough or other people share my opinion, I also really enjoy Thunderhawk at Dorney, despite one hill that attempts to castrate me, the rest of the ride is actually a lot of fun.

tribar

Mega Poster
BBH said:
Vertical Velocity at SFGAm.

I am literally the only one.

No your not

Mine would be Sidewinder at Hershey. It's the only boomerang I've been on and I didn't think it was that bad. Don't think Mean Streak is that bad either but I wouldn't say I like it

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ I think that every single person that HAS ridden Supersonic Odyssey says it's good. Even Silver Star doesn't get such bad reviews lately

TrevorBondi305

Mega Poster
I305, I get that tons of people hate the gray out and say the airtime is just okay. Even in the front row, I was thrown from my seat for 3 or so seconds on the first drop and ejected over the second hill. Each transition throws you into your restraints and the speed is absolutely insane and unforgiving through the entire ride. Some coasters come squeaking into the brakes, but Intimidator 305 screams through its course and into the brakes. Awesome ride, best airtime I've ever had (It beats Apollo's, I232, Griffon, and every other B&M I've been on).

Also, Verbolten should get more praise then it does, best ride at BGW and 2nd on my list.

fefa

Mega Poster
TrevorBondi305 said:
Awesome ride, best airtime I've ever had (It beats Apollo's, I232, Griffon, and every other B&M I've been on).

Doesn't surprise me that Intimidator 305 got better air than B&M hyper's as B&M focuses on floater airtime rather than ejector - if you want proper ejector airtime try Expedition G Force or Six Flags New England's Bizarro.