What's new

Coasters only you seem to love

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
CookieCoasters said:
The best example for me would be Colorado Adventure at Phantasialand.
Come on. That coaster has so many fanboys. How can you even think that you're alone in lusting over it?

TilySlo said:
But there are some coasters I don't really understand the hate, for example Sequoia Adventure...
Jared said:
Sequoia Adventure, Gardaland.
Because it's vile, painful & completely pointless. Both of you should be put in a rubber room. :p

As for me - GhostRider, Legend, Wild Beast & Gwazi. 'Nuff said.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
gavin said:
I really liked Gravity Max, but nobody else on here seems to have much of an opinion on it.

Oh yeah, it's because none of you **** ers have ridden it. So there.

Wrong answer.

I like Dorney's Hydra, and that gets a lot of negative comments.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I found Ghostrider pretty awesome... I was laughing all the way around. I couldn't believe it when I got to the brakes, that I actually liked it. I don't know where all these insanely rough stories come from. It was smooth as in the straights, just the corners batter you a bit just like a woodie should, kinda like Megafobia.

I also seem to like many old Arrows... especially the swingy ones like Ninja / Draggin' Iron / Vampire. I love how Arrows awkwardly make the track inline or corner at the bottom of a dip. These are more loved, but I loved Viper. I love Magnum in the back of the front car (the end of the train kills though).

I just don't like rides that have the painful "brain-shake" like Saw, Mean Streak or X2. If it doesn't have that I'm good.

andrus

Giga Poster
ECG said:
CookieCoasters said:
The best example for me would be Colorado Adventure at Phantasialand.
Come on. That coaster has so many fanboys. How can you even think that you're alone in lusting over it?
I like Michael Jackson too! :wink:

There are only a few family rides that makes it in to my top rankings, but Colorado Adventure is one of them! Winjas fear & force at the same park is another, as is Eurosat at Europa Park. All three of them amazing rides that I absolutely adore!!

Brookes

Giga Poster
I didn't think Grizzly at CGA was too bad. I didn't love it, but I don't think it deserves to come bottom of Mitch Hawker. One thing I do like that I don't hear much about is Pony Express at Knott's.

Kebab

Giga Poster
The only one that comes into my head is El Diablo at PortAventura, but that was more relatable to memories than to how good/bad it is. It's basically a mine train with a load of lift hills, but riding it at night as a warm-up before Shambhala/Dragon Khan is great, gives a really relaxing ride, and you can just take in the views.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Intricks said:
You tell me this everytime I bring up my love for Villain. Why does Villain not deserve my love?
The Villain holds the distinct honor of being the only roller coaster that has cut and drawn blood from me while riding. And how can we not forget the brilliant idea of trick track after the second drop? :razz:

villain1.jpg

I'll also second those putting out Scream! and Hydra. Good, fun floorless coasters.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Intricks said:
You tell me this everytime I bring up my love for Villain. Why does Villain not deserve my love? I quite enjoy some of the rougher things in life ;)

I love rough coasters. Ride Wildcat in the back row, Hercules at Dorney was awesome, I think Mean Streak was far better before they re-profiled it, I love being beat up a good bit.

And I thought Villian was too much!! You truly are a madman.

For me it's Storm Runner. I love that one, still a top 10 for me, and people seem to hate the hell out of it.
Don't love Hydra but do I enjoy it a good bit.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ For what it's worth, Storm Runner is second only to TTD in the Mitch Hawker polls for Intamin hydraulic launches. Superman Escape in Australia is technically ranked as the top hydraulic launch, but maybe more than 18 riders will help validate its greatness. :wink:

Storm Runner is my #10, seated right behind TTD.

http://www.ushsho.com/steelpoll12yeartable2012.htm

nealbie

CF Legend
Goudurix.

Seriously, I'm convinced the whole roller coaster community is made of glass, fantastic layout, great setting and one of THE best traditional-style roller coasters! Not rough at all - and I massively have a dislike for Vekoma restraints as being a larger person means you get shaken around more due to the STUPID design of the OTSR.

marc

CF Legend
^I really enjoyed it as you know, went on it twice. 2nd time was not as good but I love the layout. When everyone went to re ride Zeus I went and done this again.

I also really like the old arrow coasters and Collie at Thorpe.

Snoo

The Legend
Intricks said:
Snoo said:
Intricks said:
Not exactly asking the same thing as that thread.

Myself, I loved Villain. I will admit it was rough, but it was one of the better wooden coasters I have ridden. I will miss it dearly.

Get off my internet.

I don't really have too many non mainstream coasters. Cornball Express might be one, but it's kinda known and liked by a few kids on here.

You tell me this everytime I bring up my love for Villain. Why does Villain not deserve my love? I quite enjoy some of the rougher things in life ;)

Haters gonna hate I guess :p

Because it's **** Villain. That's why.

Idlewild

Mega Poster
ATTACKHAMMER said:
Colossus everyone seems to hate it but I love it!
The problem with Colossus is that some seats are incredibly rough while others are glass smooth. The front seat is incredible while the back seat beats you up, I reckon most of Colossus's bad press is from people who only rode it in the back seat.

I also like x and saw despite their problems. X has some good pops of air and is pretty smooth despite its age. Saw has a good and long layout, and is the most intense ride in the park.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I guess I305 fits here, since it seems that I'm the only person I know who loves it as much as I do (except maybe Andrus).

Maybe Hydra too, but then again it seems to have its share of defenders.

Mr. Freeze comes to mind, and although people don't seem to hate it, I think I'm the only one who likes it this much :p .

Disaster Transport is fab also, as is Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain (not sure about people's thoughts on that one though).