What's new

Cedar Point | Valravn | B&M Dive Machine

SilverCipher

Roller Poster
Joey said:
The restraint tightening thing is present on Swarm and Wild Eagle, so it's certainly a not just Gatekeeper, and its weird that CP managed to solve the problem. You'd think if it was solvable, they'd stop **** opening the thingd with the issue in the first place.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

For me, The Swarm has no tightening whatsoever. I think that the restraints are the best out of any coaster that I have ridden. They are comfortable and I could sit in it all day.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Based on how fast they're working, I think they'll be done with trackwork this week:

camera1.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Apparently there is a "secret" in store for the Valravn queue line: http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/inde ... _secr.html

SANDUSKY, OH - As if the excitement of the world's tallest dive coaster wasn't enough, Cedar Point has a secret about "Valravn" it has yet to reveal.

According to WKYC, Cedar Point's spokesperson says "we're working on something very special for the queue line that's never been done at Cedar Point before. It will make your wait for "Valravn" a little more entertaining."

That is all the information Cedar Point's spokesperson is able to unveil right now. We will now have to wait and see what that big surprise is.

More VR! :razz:

Shirofukurou

Mega Poster
Re: Cedar Point | Valravn | B&M Dive Machine

**** no... I can't imagine having to wait in line with distracted kids not moving ahead because the park gave them obstructive VR goggles...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Construction of the new West Gate entrance appears to be under way.

the renderings showed it to be pretty miniscule, very similar to the East Gate entrance by Windseeker. The West Gate has historically acted as a primary pass through for employees going to and from dorms, with those added guests trickling to the marina and Famous Dave's restaurant - a definite backwater post for Cedar Point admissions. And with the added roller coaster noise, I'd hate to be working that front.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
The fog right now makes it look really cool. Imagine cresting the lift hill 20-ish feet above the fog, then diving into a near-sighted ride. <3

camera1.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
So this is cool. CP just posted a video on how they install the lift hill chain.

[facebookpost]http://www.facebook.com/cedarpoint/videos/10153460296016463[/facebookpost]

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Trains are on-site.

[facebookpost]http://www.facebook.com/cedarpoint/photos/a.319129566462.158310.10625691462/10153475939591463/?type=3[/facebookpost]

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
^I thought the trains had 3 rows, not 4? That was the first thing I noticed when I saw the picture, 4 rows instead of 3. Maybe this is just a decieving angle or the trains are not assembled together yet...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think you're seeing the back row of one train, then all three rows of another train. I think the stadium seating gives it away.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Hixee said:
I think you're seeing the back row of one train, then all three rows of another train. I think the stadium seating gives it away.
Yeah I see it now. That was just my first glance and the first thing that came to my mind.